Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Slenderman Monster

Yeah, I have no idea what the info in that log means. Except for the obvious of course - the joint you placed is not in the file. That's probably the problem. But whether this is because of wrong export settings, a bugged exporter or whatever, I don't know.

Only thing you can try is ask someone with a working exporter to create the .ent file for you.

Only way to find the problem now, would be to systematically try out all sorts of old maya versions and several older versions of the exporter with various testfiles and different export settings on various PCs with various graphics cards etc. until you find out where the problem lies...
09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

I think i'm getting somewhere i just tried to import the model that would crash my viewer back into maya and got 3 errors first error 1. the following parents and/or ancestor node(s) is/are part of bindpose definition RootNode. 2. warning the following link node(s) is/are part of Bindpose definition Joint 1
3. while reading or writing this file the following notifications have been made ERROR: Failed to read array in <source> #joint1-Matrix-animation-input. Last i also found this at the bottom of the list so theres 4 not 3 so 3. Warning the imported scene has no initial binding position (bindpose) For the skin the plugin will compute one automatically however running the go to bindpose may create unexpected results.
Well there we have it the key root to my problem so does anyone know whats wrong with it or how to fix these errors?
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2

I used to get that problem two, untill i started to import my model with joints. Hmmm, now that i think about it ... It would only say that when i would import a model with just the mesh and no joints.... But it doesn't say that when it does have joints... Anyone else find that odd? also when i didnt have the openCollada pluggin. Undecided

But getting back to my point, i was thinking you could just import him as just a regular mesh, without no bones into the model editor and then make a box thing (I forgot what's it called) attach the box to the main body, and then see if you can load him into the map editor without any joints. If you want I can test it out for ya. (I got the same problem as you, mine crashes two...) Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM by warmacha11.)
09-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-07-2012, 06:58 PM)warmacha11 Wrote: I used to get that problem two, untill i started to import my model with joints. Hmmm, now that i think about it ... It would only say that when i would import a model with just the mesh and no joints.... But it doesn't say that when it does have joints... Anyone else find that odd? also when i didnt have the openCollada pluggin. Undecided

But getting back to my point, i was thinking you could just import him as just a regular mesh, without no bones into the model editor and then make a box thing (I forgot what's it called) attach the box to the main body, and then see if you can load him into the map editor without any joints. If you want I can test it out for ya. (I got the same problem as you, mine crashes two...) Big Grin
Well again in order for it to attack it needs at least one joint

I noticed there was a joint tool in the model editor couldn't i just use that?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 07:40 PM by candlejack131.)
09-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(09-07-2012, 07:27 PM)candlejack131 Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 06:58 PM)warmacha11 Wrote: I used to get that problem two, untill i started to import my model with joints. Hmmm, now that i think about it ... It would only say that when i would import a model with just the mesh and no joints.... But it doesn't say that when it does have joints... Anyone else find that odd? also when i didnt have the openCollada pluggin. Undecided

The joints in the model editor aren't for monsters. They are for doors, and that stuff. For furniture, basically.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

But you don't need "it" to attack, all you need to do is use scripts for it to "seem" like he's attacking. Im sure that would be a good work around the whole joint problem. you know what I mean?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 07:52 PM by warmacha11.)
09-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(09-07-2012, 07:51 PM)warmacha11 Wrote:

But you don't need "it" to attack, all you need to do is use scripts for it to "seem" like he's attacking. Im sure that would be a good work around the whole joint problem. you know what I mean?
Well is there a form of area or box i could attach to him so that when the player enters it they die? and what script? The chaser sent me this script
Spoiler below!
void OnStart()

{

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Script_area", "Slender", true, 1);

AddEntityCollideCallback("Slender", "Script_kill_player", "KILL", true, 1);

If look at area(??????)

}

void Slender (string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)

{

SetEntityActive("Slender", true); ////This would make the slender active

}

///What i don't know is to do something when you look somewhere. Anyhow,
you can p.m a pro in this forum, sure they help you. By the other way,
the rest should be something like this:

void Look (?????)

if look at area ///i dont know how to do this

{

SetEntityActive("Slender", false); ///This would set the slender inactive

SetSanityDamage ///or something like this

}

KILL (string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)

{

Damageplayer ///I don't know how to do it

}

He's actually a pretty cool guy and would it work for a moving entity?
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Ok, candlejack. Here's a using a slender-guide:
The model editor does NOT solve your problem. When you add a box shape in the model editor, it's because that body is the body of a polysurface.
For example, a door. You can see a green box. That box is actually what you grab in the game, not the "cool surface".
So, the slender is a bit tricky. As I told you, candlejack, the slender is a special-environment monster and it has it's places. You will have to script a lot, but the result will be spectacular.

So, the original game. Think. It had special places where he was scarier. It's scarier finding him at four metres of you in a wood at night that in a mansion (because you can get the f*** out of there), I don't know if I explain myself. Putting the slender in a one-way path in a wood will be greater than finding him in a dark dungeon (it would samely be scary, but...)

I will send you a P.M with something you could do.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

I'll try scripting him myself and give you what i got tommorrow
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012, 04:03 AM by warmacha11.)
09-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(09-07-2012, 10:02 PM)The chaser Wrote: Ok, candlejack. Here's a using a slender-guide:
The model editor does NOT solve your problem. When you add a box shape in the model editor, it's because that body is the body of a polysurface.
For example, a door. You can see a green box. That box is actually what you grab in the game, not the "cool surface".
So, the slender is a bit tricky. As I told you, candlejack, the slender is a special-environment monster and it has it's places. You will have to script a lot, but the result will be spectacular.

So, the original game. Think. It had special places where he was scarier. It's scarier finding him at four metres of you in a wood at night that in a mansion (because you can get the f*** out of there), I don't know if I explain myself. Putting the slender in a one-way path in a wood will be greater than finding him in a dark dungeon (it would samely be scary, but...)

I will send you a P.M with something you could do.
But what if the player tries to get the f*** out of there, and into the woods, but Slendy keeps following him... He reaches a city. Slendy keeps is still there, and he begins to hurt the player.. Not killing, just hurting

Trying is the first step to success.
09-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Find