Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add native game to Steam without buying again?
AzureKeys Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Add native game to Steam without buying again?

Hello. I have purchased Amnesia via the Ubuntu Software Center, and have been entirely unable to get it to run. My question, however, is not about trying to run the game in Linux, as I've nearly given up trying this. I want to know if there is any way to add Amnesia to Steam, so that I can play it in a Windows virtual machine on my Steam account. Is there any way to add the copy of the game I already purchased to my Steam account without having to purchase the game a second time?
09-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Add native game to Steam without buying again?

As far as i know, there isn't. However, if you can tell us a little bit about your system and post any hpl.log from ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main, we're likely to tell you why it wouldn't run on your system.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Website Find
AzureKeys Offline

(09-11-2012, 04:43 AM)Your Computer Wrote: As far as i know, there isn't. However, if you can tell us a little bit about your system and post any hpl.log from ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main, we're likely to tell you why it wouldn't run on your system.
I posted my initial complaints here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-17982.html

Haven't gotten a reply in a while. I figure the tech guys are busy with things, but it's infuriating to have bought a faulty product, and I had thought the steam-virtualbox idea would be a better solution.
09-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Oh, well, looking at the hpl.log for that thread, i see that your graphics card is an Intel GM45. As far as i know, that card is too weak to run the game. The Intel website claims support up to OpenGL 2.0. I know you have Mesa drivers for OpenGL 2.1 (which OpenGL 2.1 is what the game requires), but i doubt that means anything if the graphics card isn't designed to handle it. Running it through a virtual machine would not have helped you.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012, 05:19 AM by Your Computer.)
09-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Website Find
AzureKeys Offline

(09-11-2012, 05:17 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Oh, well, looking at the hpl.log for that thread, i see that your graphics card is an Intel GM45. As far as i know, that card is too weak to run the game. The Intel website claims support up to OpenGL 2.0. I know you have Mesa drivers for OpenGL 2.1 (which OpenGL 2.1 is what the game requires), but i doubt that means anything if the graphics card isn't designed to handle it. Running it through a virtual machine would not have helped you.
Ah, that sucks. Thanks anyway.
09-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Find
AzureKeys Offline

(09-11-2012, 05:17 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Oh, well, looking at the hpl.log for that thread, i see that your graphics card is an Intel GM45. As far as i know, that card is too weak to run the game. The Intel website claims support up to OpenGL 2.0. I know you have Mesa drivers for OpenGL 2.1 (which OpenGL 2.1 is what the game requires), but i doubt that means anything if the graphics card isn't designed to handle it. Running it through a virtual machine would not have helped you.
So is there absolutely no way to get a Steam version without paying full price again?
09-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Well, you could wait for another Steam sale to come around.

09-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Website Find
AzureKeys Offline

(09-11-2012, 08:02 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Well, you could wait for another Steam sale to come around.
I assume there's no way to get a refund for the copy that won't work?
09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Find