Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Pewdiepie arguments Thread

@dark side: There's a huge difference between having standards and treating gaming as a professional activity.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Proper games should be treated professionally, i dont mind people treating casual titles as a joke, because, basically, they are a joke! but a proper game, thats had time, effort and love sunk into its production, rather than just lazy "console gaming" checkbox ticking, should be treated seriously! to not take a proper game seriously is , in my opinion, to Disrespect the hard work of the developers who made it, especially when you consider that they took a risk to actually Bother making a proper game, when they could have just sat on there backsides and churned out yet another, boring, broken, lazy casual game. i feel it is disrespectfull to the people who made the game to treat it like a joke, and im sorry, but that just gets me really angry,. these people Bothered to make a Proper game, so i think they deserve some Respect!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 07:57 PM by the dark side.)
09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

Quote:
Quote:@dark side: There's a huge difference between having standards and treating gaming as a professional activity.
yes... including that if you buy a game,you can play it the way you want xD

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 07:57 PM by Gaviao.)
09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-16-2012, 07:56 PM)Gaviao Wrote: yes... including that if you buy a game,you can play it the way you want xD
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/LJP1DphOWPs[/video]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

come on people. taking proper games seriously is NOT a crime. its just giving respect due to developers who took the time and effort to make a proper game. now, casual games, be as lolzy and trollish as you want, hell do it against a certain activision war franchise and ill Probably join you!.

look, i want in to the "hardcore" side of the industry that is slowly re-emerging, and you know, i'd want a game i had been involved in developing to be taken seriously and treated with respect. i am sure if you were involved in developing a hardcore game, youd want it to be taken seriosly and with respect as well.

it is so easy for a company to just sit on its keister and churn out a million badly made, copy and paste, no effort what so ever, probably not even playtested, COD/BURNOUT/GOW clones a month.

it takes Guts, Talent and Determination to say, "No, not doing that", and make a proper game. it takes time, it takes effort, and it takes a Serious outlook, you have got to take the game seriously.

if you look at a lot of the casual titles, lets take Hp2010 as example, you can TELL the developer didnt take it seriously, they just saw it as a paycheck for getting drunk, playing ping pong, and occasionally writing a bit of code.

with the hardcore, proper games, lets take say, amnesia, you can tell the game was taken seriously, thaught has gone into it, theyve taken care with the design, they even Playtested it. and i think that time, effort and love, as well as those, guts, talent and determination factors, should be honoured by people taking the game as seriously as the developers did.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 08:13 PM by the dark side.)
09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 12:23 PM by Juby.)
09-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 08:08 PM)Juby Wrote: My opinion on PewDiePie...

Tobuscus ftw!
Read the comment rules or whatever before you post please.
Thanks.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
09-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 07:00 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: My opinion is different from most of the people on here. I actually like Pewdiepie's method of LPing. I realize consciously that he is repeating almost the same vulgar jokes over, and over again, but I can't put my finger on why I find him so appealing when I should've gotten tired of him long ago.

Maybe it's the tone of voice he uses? I really don't know.
He treats you like an old friend, though he's a tad odd and has the same stories to tell, you listen intently for the same joke, time and time again - projecting your laughter with such childish delight. He may be immature, but he does it in the fun and spunky kind of way, that just makes you feel like a toddler.

Or some shit.
09-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-16-2012, 08:17 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 07:00 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: My opinion is different from most of the people on here. I actually like Pewdiepie's method of LPing. I realize consciously that he is repeating almost the same vulgar jokes over, and over again, but I can't put my finger on why I find him so appealing when I should've gotten tired of him long ago.

Maybe it's the tone of voice he uses? I really don't know.
He treats you like an old friend, though he's a tad odd and has the same stories to tell, you listen intently for the same joke, time and time again - projecting your laughter with such childish delight. He may be immature, but he does it in the fun and spunky kind of way, that just makes you feel like a toddler.

Or some shit.

That's actually a very good description.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

He's aware of the demographic that watches his video and adjusts his commentating accordingly; good for business, bad for any sort of artistic integrity/ human decency. It's obvious that his style has evolved from a calm, collected fellow to whatever the hell you'd call him now. He fakes literally everything and overuses his self-made (for lack of a better word) "memes".

That is why I consider him a sellout. Oh, and he's not very funny either (unless you have the mentality/maturity of a 10-16 year-old or something).

I rate it 3 memes.
09-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Find