Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Let's clear the air?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Let's clear the air?

You're alright in my book Pewdie, though a bit rough around the edges. I just don't understand the drama. PDP is just a guy on the internet (so are his fans) and Amnesia is just a game. What exactly is so sacred about it that you can't have any fun with it? It doesn't necessarily mean you are disrespecting it or its goals.
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

PewDiePie. I just got one thing to say.

some people here were actually somewhat a bunch of assholes. If you like making jokes while playing Amnesia mods or horror games that completely cool! its your thing and people like you for that! (your videos aren't exactly my cup of tea but I respect you greatly).

Some people said that you should only do jokes on games like call of duty or some other action packed game. while horrors should be taken seriously. I disagree. while indeed to be fully immersed on the environment you should be serious... you are doing a Lets play for fuck sake! have fun! you do whatever you want to do in the game! while people say that the game should be played like that I say "If I bought the game I can play however the hell I want to!".

My only advice is:

When you start a let's play of machine for pigs... I would advice you not to use the "piggy" joke... both for your own health because pigs are probably the thing we will see the most in the game. and because lets be honest.. we don't want to remember the new Amnesia games as the "A machine for piggies".
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Website Find
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1

(09-20-2012, 09:15 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: My only advice is:

When you start a let's play of machine for pigs... I would advice you not to use the "piggy" joke... both for your own health because pigs are probably the thing we will see the most in the game. and because lets be honest.. we don't want to remember the new Amnesia games as the "A machine for piggies".
I think that's a good idea actually, thanks.
09-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: It doesn't necessarily mean you are disrespecting it or its goals.
You are also striving to make entertaining commentary in the process. It's a hard balance to make. I've fallen into pitfalls where I am forced to make a bad joke because I can't think of anything else.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Glad to hear you coming back on this PewDie. That deserves respect, and I give it to you.

People around here a bit too critical, and I'm sorry you are brought into the off-hand conversations too often. I personally never get into those because not only is it unnecessary, it's unfair. You play how you want to play, and that's what has given you your fans. I personally, don't watch you play horror games because I feel you act a bit to silly, as personally, I like to feel immersed. But that's your choice, and I'm not saying you suck for it. It's what you like, and what I like and that's all. Though, I DO like checking in on your McPixel and Happy Wheels Let's Plays. They're quite silly and they seem to fit your hyperactive personality a bit better than Amnesia. I get good laughs from those =]

I'm also happy to see how you've been handling "haters" or trouble makers. It's always so easy to bite back on everyone calling you out, but to keep calm and act responsibly takes much more, and I commend that.

I assume you don't stick around here, and frankly, I don't blame you, it's gotten pretty dark here. Just remember to keep doing what you do, as that is what got you what you have today, and changing that for people who don't seem to like you for you is absurd.

Have fun, friend =]
09-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I think this is a good idea. There is too much negativity associated with your name around here. But my videos aren't your taste, and that's only me. Your fans enjoy those types of videos.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

(09-20-2012, 09:45 PM)Statyk Wrote: Glad to hear you coming back on this PewDie. That deserves respect, and I give it to you.

People around here a bit too critical, and I'm sorry you are brought into the off-hand conversations too often. I personally never get into those because not only is it unnecessary, it's unfair. You play how you want to play, and that's what has given you your fans. I personally, don't watch you play horror games because I feel you act a bit to silly, as personally, I like to feel immersed. But that's your choice, and I'm not saying you suck for it. It's what you like, and what I like and that's all. Though, I DO like checking in on your McPixel and Happy Wheels Let's Plays. They're quite silly and they seem to fit your hyperactive personality a bit better than Amnesia. I get good laughs from those =]

I'm also happy to see how you've been handling "haters" or trouble makers. It's always so easy to bite back on everyone calling you out, but to keep calm and act responsibly takes much more, and I commend that.

I assume you don't stick around here, and frankly, I don't blame you, it's gotten pretty dark here. Just remember to keep doing what you do, as that is what got you what you have today, and changing that for people who don't seem to like you for you is absurd.

Have fun, friend =]
^this
and *brofist*
and pewdie,i hope you get 3 millions of subscribers soon, i'm a subscriber and you deserve it! you know when you make a error and it's not everyday i see that. i see some haters on commenting on your videos,i like when someone post something arguing about why your videos are immature and bla bla bla,... but instead of that... they spam saying(pewdie only do immature jokes and i hate him*spamming on the commentaries*)and that makes me angry!!!!!! and we are lucky that you know how to deal with those kind of people!,so, good luck pewdie! have fun making your videos! i watch them everyday =D
(google translator)

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 10:54 PM by Gaviao.)
09-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-20-2012, 09:45 PM)Statyk Wrote: Glad to hear you coming back on this PewDie. That deserves respect, and I give it to you.

Have fun, friend =]

(09-20-2012, 10:46 PM)Gaviao Wrote:

Have fun, friend =]
^this
and *brofist*
and pewdie,i hope you get 3 millions of subscribers soon, i'm a subscriber and you deserve it! you know when you make a error and it's not everyday i see that. i see some haters on commenting on your videos,i like when someone post something arguing about why your videos are immature and bla bla bla,... but instead of that... they spam saying(pewdie only do immature jokes and i hate him*spamming on the commentaries*)and that makes me angry!!!!!! and we are lucky that you know how to deal with those kind of people!,so, good luck pewdie! have fun making your videos! i watch them everyday =D
(google translator)
he didn't say he knew how to handle haters... he said he was trying to handle fans. Pewdiepie fans get out of control pretty easily over some person who says he doesn't like pewdiepie or that he posts a lets play video and for some unreasonable reason they say that those people copy Pewdie. which they don't.
09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

By the way, your Silent Hill LP is awesome so far.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
sMasl33t Offline

Threads: 4

I know I'm a bit "late to the party" on this..but I appreciate that you wrote this Pewdie. I enjoyed you the most when you played games like "The calling, Nosferatu, Juon: the Grudge", etc. But now..I don't know :S
*brofist* 'cause hey why not.

[Image: 76561198049001305.png]
09-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Find