Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Piacesi Offline

Threads: 0
RE: IMPROVING REACTIONS - machine for pigs

(10-25-2012, 03:53 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 05:28 PM)Piacesi Wrote: Is hard to improve reactions in the monsters, but (IN MY OPINION NOW) other idea is to the monsters, use tactics to kill you, for example, hide and wait to you pass... Get a improved reaction of the monsters to you, and too, the reactions of his character, for example, you ( in game) get screams of fright, if you receive some damage, you scream and start move more slow...

No, tactics of monsters will make the game incredible and implausible. Like: "Haha, where are you? I'll find you, have fun with me, hide you. Let's play hide and catch..."

Monsters actually doesn't know that you are there and they do not really search you.
They are just walking through the environment (as a kind of guard). And they will attack everyone in the building. But this is not because they searched for you. And when they use tactics, it seems like a typical "game". But a game should not be like a "game". So monsters should walk away if you escape.
The goal also is not to die. To die in a horror game is the worst thing what breaks the immersion. Rather you should be "nearly" dead. Monsters should not be intelligent, because intelligence of a monster will be more like a fun game.
Monsters should walk beside you, but not attack. When they attack you, you will die and the immersion ends. But when you just "see" the monster very close to you walking beside, then it will be fear.
Because you hope the monster will not recognize you. The feeling of hope is more horror than a short attack which cause a fast dead.

In short, tactics are elements of a fun game. Seems like you can "play" with the monster.
This is not really a good idea to improve a horror game
(10-25-2012, 03:53 PM)Googolplex Wrote: hmmm. not to this game. In this game is a bad idea . for example cry of fear or others terrors game is good but in this not. You have every reason. i keep going with my ideas, i play the amnesia all days to see any problem or to get some ideas to the new game...
10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(10-25-2012, 04:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Justine was for free, like a present for us because of the success of Amnesia. Nice Frictional Games! They are not stingy like big money oriented publishers.
I bet they got paid by Valve for Justine. Tongue

^(;,;)^
10-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Find
Piacesi Offline

(10-25-2012, 02:30 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Machine for Pigs is not a DLC, it is a separate, full length game. Justine is free, you can just download it. We don't know yet if AAMFP will have any DLC, but when it is available on Steam, there will probably be some sort of bundle offer to buy it together with the first Amnesia or even the whole Frictional Collection. I hope one of these points answers your question, because I'm not quite sure what exactly your question was Undecided
Hmm. you dont understand my question. Is if the amnesia dark descent have the justine. And the machine for pigs? going get the justine or your continuation? (amnesia machine.. = game ; justine = DLC ; if the amnesia machine for pigs launch: the frictional can creat a continue of the justine to the amnesia m.f.pigs? )
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I "think" I understand your question now. You're asking if AMFP will have DLC like how the Dark Descent had Justine, is that what you're asking?

Well, I'm not sure on that part. We'll just have to wait, and see.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I think, if AMFP will be successful, FG will hire thechineseroom for Amnesia 3.
10-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

That's up to Daud.
...I me...an...Frictional Games.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I thought TCR already has future project in works?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Find
Oink Offline

(10-25-2012, 07:32 PM)Kein Wrote: I thought TCR already has future project in works?
They do: "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" - due out 2013

http://kotaku.com/5930166/now-that-dear-...he-rapture
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM by Oink.)
10-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

That's right, but they're already working on this game at the same time they work on AMFP.
Not the complete team of TCR is working on AMFP, it's only a hand full workers.
So, the team who developed AMFP also could do a further Amnesia game in future where the others are working on the Rapture game. But first of all, we need to know if they are worth for an Amnesia game. I mean, it's hard to make it even better than the original by FG.
10-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: That's up to Daud.
Heart
Quote: amnesia machine.. = game ; justine = DLC ; if the amnesia machine for pigs launch: the frictional can creat a continue of the justine to the amnesia m.f.pigs?
Aah, I think I understand now. You're asking if Justine will get a "Justine 2" when a machine for Pigs comes out? I don't think it will. Justine ended on a pretty good "punchline" so to speak, it was like a good short story. There isn't really room to continue it, since the game already said everything it wanted to say. I think if AAMFP will get a DLC, it will probably be a self-enclosed little story like Justine, but something different, not a direct continuation of it.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Find