Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(10-25-2012, 08:38 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: That's up to Daud.
Heart
Quote: amnesia machine.. = game ; justine = DLC ; if the amnesia machine for pigs launch: the frictional can creat a continue of the justine to the amnesia m.f.pigs?
Aah, I think I understand now. You're asking if Justine will get a "Justine 2" when a machine for Pigs comes out? I don't think it will. Justine ended on a pretty good "punchline" so to speak, it was like a good short story. There isn't really room to continue it, since the game already said everything it wanted to say. I think if AAMFP will get a DLC, it will probably be a self-enclosed little story like Justine, but something different, not a direct continuation of it.
I agree, Justine does not need a sequel, it was a short story and nothing more.

If AMFP does get some sort of DLC I was thinking it could take place 15 or 16 years later during WWI at a really quiet battlefield where everyone is dead except you and "It". It sounds like a nice idea don't you all think?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-26-2012, 01:30 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
Heart
Quote: amnesia machine.. = game ; justine = DLC ; if the amnesia machine for pigs launch: the frictional can creat a continue of the justine to the amnesia m.f.pigs?
Aah, I think I understand now. You're asking if Justine will get a "Justine 2" when a machine for Pigs comes out? I don't think it will. Justine ended on a pretty good "punchline" so to speak, it was like a good short story. There isn't really room to continue it, since the game already said everything it wanted to say. I think if AAMFP will get a DLC, it will probably be a self-enclosed little story like Justine, but something different, not a direct continuation of it.

If AMFP does get some sort of DLC I was thinking it could take place 15 or 16 years later during WWI at a really quiet battlefield where everyone is dead except you and "It". It sounds like a nice idea don't you all think?
No.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-26-2012, 01:30 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: If AMFP does get some sort of DLC I was thinking it could take place 15 or 16 years later during WWI at a really quiet battlefield where everyone is dead except you and "It". It sounds like a nice idea don't you all think?
No.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(10-26-2012, 01:30 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: If AMFP does get some sort of DLC I was thinking it could take place 15 or 16 years later during WWI at a really quiet battlefield where everyone is dead except you and "It". It sounds like a nice idea don't you all think?
...Not really, no.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(10-26-2012, 01:30 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
Heart

If it would be free like Justine, why the f*ck not?
10-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Find
Jack O'Lantern Offline

Threads: 0

I'm liking the battlefield idea - but not for a Pigs DLC.

Perhaps as a seperate game - it'd be a neat (and truly disturbing) take on a war game.
10-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: If AMFP does get some sort of DLC I was thinking it could take place 15 or 16 years later during WWI at a really quiet battlefield where everyone is dead except you and "It". It sounds like a nice idea don't you all think?
I kinda like the idea too. It would depend heavily on how its executed of course, but I think its a nice setting for a short n' sweet experience. No elaborate backstory needed, heavy atmosphere... yeah it could work. And I'd like to see a war game that doesn't focus on the "action" aspect of war for a change.

But I think the subject would need to be handled with extreme care to avoid it being "cheesy". I would even go so far as to say it shouldn't have any obvious supernatural elements at all. (Or at least keep the existence or non-existence of those uncertain) Just you and your post-traumatic stress disorder.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I really don't mind how silly any idea is. As long as it is executed well enough, any idea can successfully suspend your disbelief, and make it an enjoyable experience.

Of course, it can't be TOO silly, but I actually think the WW1 idea could work if done well enough.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Just don't make it WW2. No game with Nazis in it can possibly be taken seriously. Its some sort of gaming-law Big Grin
10-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(10-26-2012, 10:50 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
I really don't mind how silly any idea is. As long as it is executed well enough, any idea can successfully suspend your disbelief, and make it an enjoyable experience.

Of course, it can't be TOO silly, but I actually think the WW1 idea could work if done well enough.

Meh... Your details seem too realistic. If everyone is dead and we are in a middle of a war, they've probably been killed by a bomb.
It should be something with: The troops has left the place, to push the enemies back. You were left there alone. A lot of men are just lying around being dead. If you were sleeping you would be an easy survivor to miss with all the corpse piles.
So you are alone in these bunkers. And something weird starts.

A radio that starts talking would be some kind of scare. Maybe a little cheap.

Trying is the first step to success.
10-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Find