Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(10-31-2012, 06:44 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: Why is there a child walking in one of the scene's.
You mean the one at 0:38 or the one at 0:45 ? Big Grin I simply choose to believe that we don't really want to know why those children are there. Let's just hope that those are really children and not something...worse. I mean, pause the video and look closely at that thing at 0:38...thats... a very strange child if it is one. Maybe its just the lighting. I hope its just the lighting.
They kind of do look like a children though:
[Image: ancomp5dpr5.jpg]

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-31-2012, 08:06 PM)wtfomg Wrote: could you remake it? cuz its kinda unprofessional
I wouldn't say it's UNPROFESSIONAL. It was made really well. But unfortunately, they had a time constraint and were probably rushing this out because everyone wanted something for Halloween. Rushing ruins many things. If they went back, fixed up the clips, and reuploaded a more higher quality version, I'd be okay with that.

Shit happens, they're not unprofessional.
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(10-31-2012, 08:39 PM)Exostalker Wrote: It looks like a trailer for cheap 90's horror game for playstation. Very unprofessional.

Plus it didn't scare me at all, I didn't find those pig screams scary or creepy. And it looked just like a total conversion mod - amnesia with new textures and models, not a new game... I think I will be disappointed with this, at least judging from the trailer.
New story, setting, era, characters, voice actors, models, textures and so on... What else do you need to consider AAMFP as a "new game"?
10-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Yeah I mean the quality of the video itself is questionable. But I don't see anything wrong with the actual content. It looks way more expansive than the original game.

The dialogue at the end was chilling, too.
10-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote:And it looked just like a total conversion mod - amnesia with new textures and models, not a new game... I think I will be disappointed with this, at least judging from the trailer.
Congratulations, you have just discovered the meaning of the word "sequel". Sleepy

No seriously, sarcasm aside, if you want a game that's entirely different from Amnesia, you should wait for Frictionals new, secret title. Expecting a game called "Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs" to be entirely different than the first Amnesia doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it? Apart from the fact, that most Amnesia fans would probably feel betrayed if it was.

From what we've heard so far, their goal was to improve those aspects of Amnesia that didn't work perfectly, while keeping the base game mechanics and feeling of the original. And I think they succeeded.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

(10-31-2012, 05:24 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: Why is there a child walking in one of the scene's.
It could be the simple fact that Oswald has a daughter and he sees hallucinations about her. What may or have happened to her. This would explain the whispers at the end.
Or maybe some kind of little girl keeps taunting him to go forward and do the right thing.

Saying the video is unprofessional is not very nice. I could understand if you would feel a slight disappointment but hey, at least we got something for the halloween. I'm fine with it. At least more forum activity, lol.

And also, for future updates/news, developers, please continue like this. Do not tell us any kind of information about the monster or what might be our 'main goal'. If you want to tease, keep it this way. Thanks for the awesome teaser. Really appreciate sacrificing time for our enjoyment. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 09:23 PM by Mehis.)
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: Saying the video is unprofessional is not very nice. I could understand if you would feel a slight disappointment but hey, at least we got something for the halloween. I'm fine with it. At least more forum activity, lol.
Exactly. I mean, c'mon! We're talking about a small indie company here, wo bust their asses to get a crowd of ungrateful fans something nice for halloween! And technical problems can happen to anyone. You want super polished bling-bling render trailers, go watch the latest Assassins Creed trailer or something. ò.ó
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 01:12 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

"Unprofessional", "doesn't look like a new game", "Playstation quality"? Jesus, is it just me or did this forum receive yet another bus-load of bratty little centres of the universe?

Apart from the technical issues with the recording software (which aren't a big frigging deal) I loved this trailer. The latter half especially. I've watched the trailer about 10 times already and it always gets my panic-gland seeping mildly corrosive enzymes. And I'm digging that new arm-with-lantern avatar. The hand looks much more hand-like, plus I hear if you hold your lantern whilst wearing a different sleeve it feels like it's someone else WinkWinkWink
10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(10-31-2012, 08:39 PM)Exostalker Wrote: It looks like a trailer for cheap 90's horror game for playstation. Very unprofessional.

Plus it didn't scare me at all, I didn't find those pig screams scary or creepy. And it looked just like a total conversion mod - amnesia with new textures and models, not a new game... I think I will be disappointed with this, at least judging from the trailer.
Same engine.
It is like saying penumbra series looked a like same engine just different textures and objects but nothing new really.
And I understand why the recording went bad too bad spending so much time on a trailer and it ending up blurred.
But I care more for the game itself ofc.

Gonna replace my gtx570 for this so I can max out SSAO to x128 (It was the only setting I couldn't max in TDD)
Not sure if I should get myself a 56" 2560x1080 screen or 9x 1920x1080 21.5" in 3x3.
Non bezel with low pixel density vs bezels with high pixel density.
As the textures aren't that high res it would be a waste I guess.

Enjoyed the penumbra series a lot, one I didn't really like was requim as there was no real horror just puzzles.
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

What part of the video has the anteater?

[Image: p229xcq]
11-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Find