Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Will AMFP have different endings?
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-27-2012, 09:25 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Will AMFP have different endings?
I don't think so, I read somewhere that Dan created an ending that feels really good and he didn't say it was plural, so that's my guess.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(11-27-2012, 07:08 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 09:21 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: As a graphic designer I should have known too many fonts whit variant sizes to make swears stand off would be explosive to this weak minded people. I apologize...
"These", and there's a part of me that really hates you.
Dude. Theres a thing called "a joke".

Oh and thank you for pointing out my grammar mistake. Because that was so original whit the Grammar Nazi logo up there Smile
11-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Website Find
pimpinitalian Offline

Threads: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...GPf3MdVOKI

This game reminded me of Amnesia a little.
11-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(11-27-2012, 09:37 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 07:08 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 09:21 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: As a graphic designer I should have known too many fonts whit variant sizes to make swears stand off would be explosive to this weak minded people. I apologize...
"These", and there's a part of me that really hates you.
Dude. Theres a thing called "a joke".

Oh and thank you for pointing out my grammar mistake. Because that was so original whit the Grammar Nazi logo up there Smile
I know it's a joke and I respect you as a great contributor to Frictional Games Forum, and to the essence that keeps this forum alive. (Gaaaaay)

But still. . .

Fuck, wrong video.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM by failedALIAS.)
11-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

I think this one fits better for the situation http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=penumbra...e#/d4gvryn
11-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

The hell happened to this thread.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...GPf3MdVOKI
This game reminded me of Amnesia a little.
Ah yes there was a thread about that one. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about that game just doesn't feel right to me. It feels to me like what would happen if someone who created AAA-mainstream titles for his whole life now desperately tried to grasp what subtle horror is and failed.

Maybe it's that gimmicky automatic hands-on-environment-placement thingy. Or maybe the Mirrors Edge like "cinematic" parcouring. Maybe it's the fact that they make the monster scream in your face right there in the trailer... I don't know. I hope its just the trailer and the actual game will be good.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

As mentioned the graphical design in Amnesia, I'm also trained in 2D art and I have to say that some textures in Amnesia really are bad. I don't mean low resolution, I mean the creation is crappy. Some textures like the bricks of the castle looks like "cloned" each other, there is no contrast, no dirt, no cracks and the textures aren't even tileable.
A texture need more structures, more urgently details, more contrast and more different "objects" on it, looking different each other, so that nothing seems cloned. The most important thing is that textures can set together without you can see the join. To have a better looking surface, a texture also should have different lighting, dark and bright areas.

But OK, Amnesia is a game where story and atmosphere comes first, not the graphics.
I won't say the graphics are bad, but I want to say some textures are poor made.
I already told about the bricks, but also the stone looks like an other one, barrels and wood planks, all looks like the same compared to the others. There is no versatility, whether that would be very important for an atmospheric and realistic world.
I'm interested to know if they have multilingual support. And even, like Penumbra Overture, german voices.
So, is there multilingual support, just the texts or even a full localization?
Mainly I mean german language.
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Some words about the localization of AMFP.

(11-28-2012, 04:55 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I'm interested to know if they have multilingual support. And even, like Penumbra Overture, german voices.

So, is there multilingual support, just the texts or even a full localization?

Mainly I mean german language.

Why would you even want localization in AMFP? Don't mean any disrespect but with all your big talk about immersion I would think you would want to use subtitles. Not to say localization is not a noble pursuit, it just never works out, especially not for an indie game. The only dub I have seen that was on par with the original English version is Puss in Boots, which honestly I think is a milestone in film localization.

EDIT: I'm talking about the Spanish localization of course.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM by Statyk.)
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Find