Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

This is going to sound weird but... Archives.

I know alot of players that handled that place with ease, even FG said that its a bit boring /non scary part of the game.

But something about that place just kept me shivering, ESPECIALLY the ambient music in the background... Seriously, that ambience sounds like a choir of grunts singing.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(12-21-2012, 01:40 PM)DogFood Wrote: This is going to sound weird but... Archives.

I know alot of players that handled that place with ease, even FG said that its a bit boring /non scary part of the game.

But something about that place just kept me shivering, ESPECIALLY the ambient music in the background... Seriously, that ambience sounds like a choir of grunts singing.

Yea! I keep coming back to the archives when i level-edit.
That long room where the first grunt appears...
That place is stuck in my mind... Though i weren't that scared there again.. It was the prison and the storage...
The storage because it was so dark, and the monster-encounters were so cruel! When you've collected what you needed in the storage and you are running back, the tension raises, the shadow roars above you and suddenly a grunt is coming directly towards you, just when you went up some stairs... You are so focussed on getting away from that place, that the grunt is very unexpected, and yet... you knew it was coming.

The prison was scary, because it felt like those grunts were patroling. I was afraid everytime i found light, because that was when you encountered them. All the time i had to make sure that i knew where the "safe spots" were, so i could run towards them if a grunt appeared.

But that was the first time... When i play it now, it isn't that scary again. Still i LOVE the atmosphere

Trying is the first step to success.
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(12-21-2012, 01:40 PM)DogFood Wrote: This is going to sound weird but... Archives.

I hesitated to mention the archives too, and though I hadn't seen any monsters there, I really felt uncomfortable being there, and I had even hoped that it remained that way throughout the game (Read: that I would not encounter any monsters).

Yes it's indubitably boring for those who refuse to immerse themselves into the game, those who have already played it or seen videos of it, and even more so for the game developers! But I think it was a really good way of getting started for the novice players.

I can remember how bad I felt when I could hear the piano tones from the library, I dared not step inside the big room where the cave-in had occurred for a while...
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012, 06:21 PM by felixmole.)
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Find
The Brute grunt Offline

Threads: 0

the choir ...No words to describe the horror
12-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

one of the scariest part is when i got to the wine cellar.
woo no monster. just, uh dunno if that is noise.
FUUUUUUUUUUUU FIND ALL THE BOTTLE GOGOGO YEEEH
and after a lot of minutes in this creepy place nothing happened.

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
12-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

The Prison and The Choir. The Prison does scare me, but the choir scared me more(SCARRED FOR LIFE..)

EDIT: The Prison? Doesn't seem too scary....(plays the Prison again) SCARRED FOR LIFE...

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Oddly enough the Choir didn't scare me all that much. As with lots of people here the Prison was the worst for me. I kept dreading keeping the lantern on but at the same time I'd panic with it off. Also, when
Spoiler below!
I opened the cell and walked into the cell, then closed myself in, only to realize the Grunt was IN THE CELL,
I flipped shit.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Yup, prison had me stare in the corner for more than 30 minutes because i was afraid to move

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

Threads: 0

Archives, storage and prison are the scariest for me ; w ;
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Main menu and first map.

As I am one of the biggest sissies around I got a fright from the music and the look of menu. Then in the first map when the door blew open I just quit and told my friend to play at the same time with me whilst talking on skype. Yep, a real man here. Gonna have alot of fun playing Machine for Pigs.

Spoiler below!
When I played Penumbra: Overture I followed a walkthrough and even though it clearly said "You'll see a figure in the distance and then the lights will go out and you'll be knocked out" I was on the edge of tears. FYI I was listening to selena gomez to cheer the mood up.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Find