Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Background
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
Amnesia Background

Hello everybody! I thought I would contribute something to the forum. It's not much but atleast it's something (If anyone is interested) since I know other people have made background maps too. Also I will make more if people want me to Smile

So this is a background map for anyone to use if they are tired of the original one

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kfhvb69xxj8k6qe

Screenshot:
[Image: 2n6d6kz.png]

01-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Amnesia Background

That Medusas Den, New excavation and archeologist thing is only make-able with a full conversion. I guess it's the map from your story, huh? Wink

Sincerely, I find it weak. If it's an excavation, you could make a really big hole with some pillars and decoration, ya'know? THen, when the player started, the camera would go to the hole. The lighting...

I would add ceiling lanterns, and those billboards look a bit weird. I mean, it isn't really detailed. Sorry for this, english isn't my language. I would like to explain better.

It seems like the background thing is the tendence now, maybe I do one Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

pfffft, who uses the default background nowadays.....

..(i do)

In Ruins [WIP]
01-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I do so too, guys.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

ME TOO

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

(01-14-2013, 10:32 PM)The chaser Wrote: That Medusas Den, New excavation and archeologist thing is only make-able with a full conversion. I guess it's the map from your story, huh? Wink

Sincerely, I find it weak. If it's an excavation, you could make a really big hole with some pillars and decoration, ya'know? THen, when the player started, the camera would go to the hole. The lighting...

I would add ceiling lanterns, and those billboards look a bit weird. I mean, it isn't really detailed. Sorry for this, english isn't my language. I would like to explain better.

It seems like the background thing is the tendence now, maybe I do one Smile

You kind of guessed wrong here, I only used my FC because it was easier to show the map that way Smile So the excavation things and Medusas den has nothing to do with the background. So you my good sir are wrong Wink

Actually the map is taken from one of my CS's I was working on before, Cold Night. So I think you will find that the map is actually detailed. Just that it doesn't look like it here but it's actually just a part of big map.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM by SilentStriker.)
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The cool thing about menu's is you don't have to worry about performance (like frame rate loss if you were making a huge map for a mod). Also, the camera is fixed in one location the entire time. Those two factors alone should pretty dramatically change how you map for a menu background.

With that said, there are a few things that could have been done better. For instance, the candle in the center of the screen - the lighting seems to bleed through everything. It would have looked much better to use the no-light version of the model, then gone balls-out with shadow casting spot lights.

Also, even with the camera angle fixated in one spot, some of the billboards in the back have a flat-ish edge showing.

Just some suggestions, especially if you intend to do more in the future.

I rate it 3 memes.
01-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

(01-16-2013, 02:30 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: The cool thing about menu's is you don't have to worry about performance (like frame rate loss if you were making a huge map for a mod). Also, the camera is fixed in one location the entire time. Those two factors alone should pretty dramatically change how you map for a menu background.

With that said, there are a few things that could have been done better. For instance, the candle in the center of the screen - the lighting seems to bleed through everything. It would have looked much better to use the no-light version of the model, then gone balls-out with shadow casting spot lights.

Also, even with the camera angle fixated in one spot, some of the billboards in the back have a flat-ish edge showing.

Just some suggestions, especially if you intend to do more in the future.

Yes I know I could have done a lot of things better it's just that this is taken straight from a map I made before and I just wanted to upload something since I was bored x) But yeah, I could've taken it all the way Smile

01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Find