Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Great concepts but many loose ends.
miniPlayer Offline

Threads: 1
Great concepts but many loose ends.

Enjoyed the game but it could have been so much more. The ending was an anticlimax - all three of them. Some of the puzzles made no sense either in themselves or as part of the story line. Very much like the idea of having to survive using your wits and without any weapons. Spent a lot of time running around aimlessly looking for a piece for my inventory. Absolutely super graphics. Although the choir was a visual masterpiece the trough in the middle made no architectural sense. Agrippa's comments made me smile many times, enjoyed that. Pity we never see this shadow thing that is threatening even in the end game. Daniel's note reading was beautiful although some of it a bit long winded and sometimes close to irrelevant. Very ify chemistry and biology even for alchemists. Thank you all very much for the fun.
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Great concepts but many loose ends.

Quote:The ending was an anticlimax - all three of them.
Yeah, I think many people feel that way. The endings were okay in my opinion, but a bit of a letdown after all the cool buildup that came before.
Quote:Absolutely super graphics.
Technically, they're kinda outdated. Aestethically, they're great.
Quote:Although the choir was a visual masterpiece the trough in the middle made no architectural sense.
Well, it made sense for gameplay. (Bridges give the huge room structure, thus help player orientation, create bottlenecks where the level designer can be certain that the player has to pass through and create areas where the player has to be even more cautious due to lack of room to flee or hide) Sometimes gameplay is more important than super-realism I guess Wink
Quote:Pity we never see this shadow thing that is threatening even in the end game.
You see the shadow all the time, right from the beginning. It's the red stuff coming out of the walls. (or at least that's it's physical representation...sort of) Big Grin
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-21-2013, 01:09 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: You see the shadow all the time, right from the beginning. It's the red stuff coming out of the walls. (or at least that's it's physical representation...sort of) Big Grin

Also the red mist that chases you - possibly the red mist in the Choir as well.

Also, the chemistry is only iffy because the developers decided to have more than one chemical you need to acquire. Royal water alone would have dissolved the tissue (it can dissolve gold after all), so the other chemicals do nothing but make it more corrosive (if anything at all). The in-story explanation for this could be that the Shadow, being a supernatural entity, can withstand corrosion more effectively or can block it somehow. Anyway, if it's just regular tissue, aqua regia would have totally dissolved it.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM by Bridge.)
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(01-23-2013, 10:08 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [Image: 33762883.jpg]

The stomach does this pretty well so I don't see the problem
01-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

One thing I didn't get was.
Spoiler below!
How did Daniel get out of the castle after killing Alexander? I mean the elevator was kinda trashed after he'd used it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-24-2013, 02:06 AM)i3670 Wrote: One thing I didn't get was.
Spoiler below!
How did Daniel get out of the castle after killing Alexander? I mean the elevator was kinda trashed after he'd used it.

Spoiler below!
Yes. Its kind of weird that Daniel somehow get out, but its assumed there is another way to get up, maybe that locked door beside Agrippa (the door that can't be opened in the room you got the Bone Saw.), Leads to a way to go up

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(01-24-2013, 02:33 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
Yes. Its kind of weird that Daniel somehow get out, but its assumed there is another way to get up, maybe that locked door beside Agrippa (the door that can't be opened in the room you got the Bone Saw.), Leads to a way to go up

But it shows him going out the way he came in

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
01-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Does it really matter?

01-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-24-2013, 05:16 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(01-24-2013, 02:33 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

But it shows him going out the way he came in
When Daniel was going out, which level was seen when he goes out? (help me, i starting to forget......)

Quote: Pity we never see this shadow thing that is threatening even in the end game.
I double dare you to go to the red mist when you escape from The Cells or at the beginning of the Inner Sanctum or if you got chased by The Shadow, then you will know what it feels like!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 06:15 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Could he have climed the elevator shaft somehow? :/

01-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Find