Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
Obscurity - FULL RELEASE
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Obscurity - FULL RELEASE

Not sure if trolling or a glitch?

“Life is a game, play it”
01-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

...Or maybe he just disliked the story and decided to rate it based on his opinion. I haven't played either stories myself so I can't comment on quality, but there's no such thing as an objectively good game/mod (or something that's objectively good in any other form of media for that matter). Even if he did hate it he's just as entitled to that opinion as you are to saying that it's an amazing mod Hardarm. With that said though considering he gave it the lowest rating possible I think he should have at least written why he had that opinion.

Whatever though, Moddb probably the most retarded users ever when it comes to using the rating system and the average rating on there very very very rarely actually reflects the actual quality of the mod, so I wouldn't take the rating it gets to heart.

Posting Freak
01-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Website Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

I saw Robosprog's rating as a "1" for Obscurity and instantly jumped to the conclusion that he rated it that way to make his more popular. (After all, he said Obscurity was "pretty good.") If it WAS a glitch, I apologize and me doing the same thing back was a little over dramatic. I will remove my rating.

So it turns out Pewdiepie is playing Obscurity! I'm flattered. Tongue

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 03:06 AM by ElectricRed.)
01-30-2013, 02:43 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(01-30-2013, 02:43 AM)ElectricRed Wrote: I saw Robosprog's rating as a "1" for Obscurity and instantly jumped to the conclusion that he rated it that way to make his more popular. (After all, he said Obscurity was "pretty good.") If it WAS a glitch, I apologize and me doing the same thing back was a little over dramatic. I will remove my rating.
Well, I'm glad that that's sorted out. You just didn't seem like the kind of person to do that ElectricRed Smile

Also, congrats on your story getting played by Pewdie. That alone will see all those downloads, and LP vids sky-rocket into the high heavens.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

(01-30-2013, 06:45 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well, I'm glad that that's sorted out. You just didn't seem like the kind of person to do that ElectricRed Smile

Also, congrats on your story getting played by Pewdie. That alone will see all those downloads, and LP vids sky-rocket into the high heavens.
Thanks, it's quite exciting. Big Grin

On another note, what are your opinions on that one jump-scare I set up in the Inn? I'm starting to regret my decision to add it there. Although I feel it's completely sensible, it has not been very well received here and I don't really understand why. It's not like I have one around every corner, and this one had a proper build up and everything and made sense given the situation.

01-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Spoiler below!
Sincerely, what creeped me out were the sounds from the woods. You know, that weird stuff growling. It was probabily because I came from playing SCP-Containment Breach.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(01-30-2013, 12:32 AM)Kman Wrote: ...Or maybe he just disliked the story and decided to rate it based on his opinion. I haven't played either stories myself so I can't comment on quality, but there's no such thing as an objectively good game/mod (or something that's objectively good in any other form of media for that matter). Even if he did hate it he's just as entitled to that opinion as you are to saying that it's an amazing mod Hardarm. With that said though considering he gave it the lowest rating possible I think he should have at least written why he had that opinion.

Whatever though, Moddb probably the most retarded users ever when it comes to using the rating system and the average rating on there very very very rarely actually reflects the actual quality of the mod, so I wouldn't take the rating it gets to heart.

I nowhere said Eternium was so amazing. It didn't just deserve a "1" as a vote. I know this is already sorted out but I don't like when someone misunderstands me and posts a statement stating something that I didn't really say so that other people would read that and understand what you said.

ElectricRed, i'm happy you all sorted it out though Wink

listen to boards of canada
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Okay, I FINISHED IT!

Rating: 8/10

-The story overall was good. Not really original, but I liked it.
-The music was just fine, nothing special.
-Some clever puzzles.
Spoiler below!
You weren't told where the rods had to be used. I mean, the position. The flying demon enemy: I loved the character, but it had a weakness: It's just weird. I mean: Why flying at the ground height with your face looking at it?
-You need to improve mapping, especially lighting.

But, great story overall! You made a really good job.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

(01-30-2013, 02:26 PM)The chaser Wrote: Okay, I FINISHED IT!

Rating: 8/10

-The story overall was good. Not really original, but I liked it.
-The music was just fine, nothing special.
-Some clever puzzles.
Spoiler below!
You weren't told where the rods had to be used. I mean, the position. The flying demon enemy: I loved the character, but it had a weakness: It's just weird. I mean: Why flying at the ground height with your face looking at it?
-You need to improve mapping, especially lighting.

But, great story overall! You made a really good job.
Thanks! Maybe in a future update I will improve the lighting, because I agree with you.

01-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Find
TGST Offline

Threads: 2

It's really great to hear that even some of the people on this forum enjoyed Obscurity to some extent! Smile

I liked it quite a lot myself. ElectricRed did a great job.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM by TGST.)
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Find