Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

A Couple Other Suggestion's.
----
1. A Spooky Shadow.
- The Player goes to a room and sees a shadow crossing, and when he is there, there is nothing.

2. A Resting Place.
- In A:TDD, the game is constantly getting you scared. Over-scared can lead to zero scared. Have the player a nice environment, then when the player is doing something, BAM! A corpse from the ceiling.

3. Fewer Monsters
- In Amnesia, there's a lot of monsters in levels. The creepy thing is the atmosphere and sound design. Some monsters just take away the scariness.

4. Have monster's talk a bit.
- In Penumbra, the Tuurngait Infected have some voices. The Monsters should have a voice.
(EX: While the player is hiding in a closet, the monster says "i'm coming for you......., where are you.....
Let's play hide and seek......)(OKAY, I TOTALLY EXAGGERATED THE THIRD ONE.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: 2. A Resting Place.
Doesn't it already have that? The back hall with the fountain is a very relaxing place, as is the central room of the cistern and the place where Agrippa is. It makes for nice contrast Smile
Quote:4. Have monster's talk a bit.
Yeah, I prefer intelligent/ sentient enemies over more animalistic ones as well. (Not in terms of AI necessarily, more in terms of who they are, their appearance and voice, etc.) It's why I found the suitors in Justine scarier than the usual grunts.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 11:00 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

Grunts are still very scary for me. The way they walk and if I stay too long with them I start feeling bad just like Daniel. But the Brute does not scares me at all so that's funny! Just more variation of monster would be nice.
01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: Just more variation of monster would be nice.
I agree - but the funny thing is, when I played through Amnesia for the first time, I didn't even notice there were two types of monsters. (not counting the Kaernk) I was too much of a coward to ever get a good look at either of them, so I simply assumed that there was only one monster type. Had to read the wiki to find out there were two Big Grin
01-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

(01-15-2013, 01:08 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: Just more variation of monster would be nice.
I agree - but the funny thing is, when I played through Amnesia for the first time, I didn't even notice there were two types of monsters. (not counting the Kaernk) I was too much of a coward to ever get a good look at either of them, so I simply assumed that there was only one monster type. Had to read the wiki to find out there were two Big Grin

The first time I played, I was thinking that the suitors was in A:TDD XD Did not know there was a ''Justine'' version. soo... LOL
01-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Website Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

On the contrary, I'd got used to the grunts that the first time I ran into a brute (in the morgue), I was so scared. In the sewers I even missed the good old times with the grunts. What made me distinguish these two monsters was the noise they emitted - the brute's sound is simply monstrous.
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

(01-15-2013, 08:55 PM)felixmole Wrote: the brute's sound is simply monstrous.

I love monsters sounds : ) !!!
01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-14-2013, 10:57 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: 2. A Resting Place.
Doesn't it already have that? The back hall with the fountain is a very relaxing place, as is the central room of the cistern and the place where Agrippa is. It makes for nice contrast Smile
Quote:4. Have monster's talk a bit.
Yeah, I prefer intelligent/ sentient enemies over more animalistic ones as well. (Not in terms of AI necessarily, more in terms of who they are, their appearance and voice, etc.) It's why I found the suitors in Justine scarier than the usual grunts.

I Know about #2 is already implemented. It's just that i'm forgetting Amnesia due to me having not played it since i beat it 3 month's ago. (SORRY FOR THE LONG TIME IM ABSENT. DON'T ASK)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Find
Gaboon Viper Offline

More jumpscares and monsters.
01-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(01-30-2013, 01:10 AM)Gaboon Viper Wrote: More jumpscares and monsters.

Run! Leave the forum before they eat you alive!
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Find