Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

What scared me the most? The first time I played it was about a year ago. Let me think for a moment.
  • Waking up in the rainy halls. Yush. I was walking around, following the liquid trail. Thunder, darkness. Nothing and everything happening at the same time. Not sure what to anticipate as I knew nothing about the game. Yup.
  • Hearing a female scream and having the camera automatically adjust while walking up the stairs. It really caught me off-guard, and I was not at all sure what to make of it. I was scared, thinking the female was in great danger, but I also had no encouragement of going down there. I was too scared to think of saving someone, and since I heard nothing else at the time, I was starting to wonder whether or not it was just my mind.
  • The Archives as a whole. First entering it, seeing the torn down door, the dark and ghastly atmosphere, and oh my god, that horrifying haunted sound of the wind. I never noticed any visuals in there, but my entire mind was a mess, and I was wandering in circles for a long time. Getting out of that place was one of my many miracle.
  • The Gatherers, ancient reclaimers of the orb. Having finished the game, I am aware that these haunting creatures are inhabitants of Brennenburg Castle, but at this part of the game, having read about and visually experienced flashbacks of Egypt and a mysterious orb ... What was I supposed to think? These things look like mummies, and they really gave me the impression that they were on an unexpected visit to curse whoever touched what was theirs. Witnessing a silhouette in the wine cellar was a terrifying experience, and watching a shadow stagger by in the refinery made me tell myself to wake up from the nightmare I must be having. Seriously though, not even the water monster scared me that much, and I could even have a chance to breathe while hiding on a crate. To me, the grunts were the real deal, and when one was in the near, I had my heartbeat fly through the roof. Do not get me started on the guest room.
  • The Storage is very likely the part that scared me the most. I had not been in direct contact with the grunt yet, and it had even started to be a while since I had noticed a presence. The music gave an instant nope moment, and it still gives me the chills to this day. The darkness was also excessive, especially considering I was playing at a gamma lower than what it should have been (I even had to look up a guide to find the door to the storage area!) When I was in a room, I heard a sound, and I panicked. A much more intense music started up, and I regret how scary I thought the general storage soundtrack was. I see this thing that appeared out of nowhere, paused, then moved on into another area. It took me a while to build up courage after that.
For unknown reasons, I completely missed the door with the gatherer just inside it. I grabbed the items, and I do not know what happened for a brief moment. The next thing I can remember is that I felt as if something watched me. I turned toward the door, expecting nothing. There was something there. I lost my breath, froze entirely up, let go of my mouse and keyboard as the horrifying creature quickly staggered towards me. Everything went in slow motion. I just thought, this is it ... Cannot do anything ... Cannot move ... Then just as he started throwing himself at me, I managed to grab the mouse and keyboard, barely avoided his strike, ran for my life and never looked back, attempting to flee. Just when I suspected I had outrun it, I ran right into another one, I ran almost all the way back, crouched in a corner and I felt terribly close to fainting IRL.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
AJRacer543 Offline

Threads: 0

Storage... Nothing scares me more than being alone in the dark, with the constant fear of monsters appearing with the pick up of any item, and barely anywhere to hide. The place is massive, and I was dumb enough to get things in the wrong order, which went well... Not to mention I had my worst experience there!
02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Storage? Really? The scariest part is the Prison, the only level that made me NEVER to play the original story, AGAIN.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really?

The Storage area will pretty much scar you if unlucky, so yes. Prison was terrifying and was a nightmare to get through, but if you have bad really bad luck in the storage, it can't get much worse. =)

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(02-17-2013, 02:00 AM)Diz Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really?

The Storage area will pretty much scar you if unlucky, so yes. Prison was terrifying and was a nightmare to get through, but if you have bad really bad luck in the storage, it can't get much worse. =)
Storage was the worst jumpscare ever I came around the corner grunt I ran around another corner another grunt ow gawd.
Prison was also quite scary in the starting area I got screwed in a split second.
I opened the gate walked towards the stairs and a grunt came sprinting down in a second.
I tried to run closed the gate but it was already on my tail.

I found comfort in the naked man lying around in prison the dead man on the stair comforted me.

I liked the morgue I never felt scared there.
02-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I played through the Prison yesterday, and if i'm right, it take me with 1 hour 54 minutes, and 13 pauses.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-17-2013, 03:01 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

The prison is the only moment I would play amnesia for no more than 15 minutes a day, my heart racing too much beyond this duration.
02-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

Prison, no doubt about it. I had to stop every minute to take a breath... I just couldn´t go with that atmosphere, those sounds... It was horrible.
The storage was kind of creepy too...

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really? The scariest part is the Prison, the only level that made me NEVER to play the original story, AGAIN.

While the grunt-infested Prison is really horrible, and I was running many times back at the start of the level, I didn't felt the utter dread I've felt at the Transept and Choir, because at that time I realized that Daniel is as much of monster as Alexander.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 03:32 PM by Zgroktar.)
02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(02-16-2013, 06:10 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Storage? Really? The scariest part is the Prison, the only level that made me NEVER to play the original story, AGAIN.

In the storage, I didn't hear a grunt sound, so when I was walking through the darkness ITS face came running out not 3 feet in front of me. I nearly had a heart attack!

The prison was actually where I realized that the enemies were none too smart, when one walked right past me.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
02-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Find