Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any requests?
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40
RE: Any requests?

(02-17-2013, 06:59 PM)i3670 Wrote: Sure that could work. Perhaps a crusader sword? Non-interactable ofc.

guess so but now I'm playing Scribblenauts unlimited Smile
the most stupid game ever made.

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

02-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Big Grin no prob, don't have a time limit anyways.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
02-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Find
skafast Offline

Threads: 1

So... you've said other modelers should keep an eye on this thread. I'm kinda a novice in this world of modeling, and I've never modeled a gun before, also, I needed some experience about importing into Amnesia, so, there's a very basic flintlock rifle: http://www.mediafire.com/?csaw3jmz9d2wqw3

[Image: rifleflintlock.jpg]

Scaled the ent file down based on Alexander model. But I couldn't get rid of the big cube when putting the model in the level and the flintlock itself still needs a lot of work on texturing, I'll probably take a look on it tomorrow.

EDIT: Forgot the hitboxes, working on it!

EDIT2: All right (not quite, actually), I've put some details in a normal-map, BUT I've been trying to import it into Amnesia for the last 2~3 hours and I just couldn't make it. For some odd reason, either the flintlock would make its way to the center of the rifle on the Model Viewer and not show on the Model Editor (when exporting with OpenCollada) or it would appear normally on the Model Viewer but not show on the Model Editor (when exporting with Autodesk Collada). So, I just modeled 3 bolts for the flintlock and gave the rifle a rusty look after cursing HPL Engine for a bit. At least I think it should work this time: http://www.mediafire.com/?d3swsa8807f84i2

[Image: flintlock.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 07:30 AM by skafast.)
02-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

(02-18-2013, 12:46 AM)skafast Wrote: So... you've said other modelers should keep an eye on this thread. I'm kinda a novice in this world of modeling, and I've never modeled a gun before, also, I needed some experience about importing into Amnesia, so, there's a very basic flintlock rifle: http://www.mediafire.com/?csaw3jmz9d2wqw3

[Image: rifleflintlock.jpg]

Scaled the ent file down based on Alexander model. But I couldn't get rid of the big cube when putting the model in the level and the flintlock itself still needs a lot of work on texturing, I'll probably take a look on it tomorrow.

EDIT: Forgot the hitboxes, working on it!

EDIT2: All right (not quite, actually), I've put some details in a normal-map, BUT I've been trying to import it into Amnesia for the last 2~3 hours and I just couldn't make it. For some odd reason, either the flintlock would make its way to the center of the rifle on the Model Viewer and not show on the Model Editor (when exporting with OpenCollada) or it would appear normally on the Model Viewer but not show on the Model Editor (when exporting with Autodesk Collada). So, I just modeled 3 bolts for the flintlock and gave the rifle a rusty look after cursing HPL Engine for a bit. At least I think it should work this time: http://www.mediafire.com/?d3swsa8807f84i2

[Image: flintlock.jpg]

Maybe you should try improving the wood and iron texture quality, kinda looks like a mario party gun now
Edit: or allow me to do it

Got a nice sofa

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM by ferryadams10.)
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: All right (not quite, actually), I've put some details in a normal-map[...]
If you already know how to bake a normal map, try baking an Ambient Occlusion map, too. Then, multiply that over your diffuse map in Photoshop. It will add quite a bit of realism to your texture!
Quote: [...]BUT I've been trying to import it into Amnesia for the last 2~3 hours and I just couldn't make it.
...the normal map? You should be able to add it to the rifle's material by using the material editor.
02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

(02-18-2013, 04:44 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: All right (not quite, actually), I've put some details in a normal-map[...]
If you already know how to bake a normal map, try baking an Ambient Occlusion map, too. Then, multiply that over your diffuse map in Photoshop. It will add quite a bit of realism to your texture!
Quote: [...]BUT I've been trying to import it into Amnesia for the last 2~3 hours and I just couldn't make it.
...the normal map? You should be able to add it to the rifle's material by using the material editor.

Haha ye what she says

Got a nice sofa

02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
skafast Offline

Threads: 1

Okay, retextured it: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhdz1us7ns2j9z9
[Image: newcleanrifle.jpg]

[Image: newrustyrifle.jpg]

Yeah, I know how to add a normal map, but the flintlock wouldn't even show up when opening the rifle with the Model Editor (I could select it via the "Outline" function though); I'll spend some more time trying to deal with it. And I'll see what I can do about the occlusion map! Thanks for the tips.
02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I ask that you remove anything concerning asking for rep in this thread, that is not respected around here.
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

(02-18-2013, 09:53 PM)skafast Wrote: Okay, retextured it: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhdz1us7ns2j9z9

Yeah, I know how to add a normal map, but the flintlock wouldn't even show up when opening the rifle with the Model Editor (I could select it via the "Outline" function though); I'll spend some more time trying to deal with it. And I'll see what I can do about the occlusion map! Thanks for the tips.

Have you uv mapped it alright?

Got a nice sofa

02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-18-2013, 09:53 PM)skafast Wrote: Okay, retextured it: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhdz1us7ns2j9z9

Reminds of the gun in Dishonored.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Find