Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Minecrawler Offline
Banned

Threads: 0
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-23-2013, 04:02 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: You're complaining about something that is so diminutive that it does not matter at all.
Besides my comment pertains to this thread more than your comments do. Can we just discuss something that relates to the original post and quit trying to justify your extraneous complaints?

That's not correct, Delirium. You need to understand more about gamedesign at all. So, listen to my posts and remember what I want to tell.
The text formulation is one of the most important features for immersing and I just wanted to tell why Amnesia's text are wrong when playing in german. I just wanted that the devs change that in their future projects and do it like in Penumbra before (if they did the translations).

My discussion about that ends here, but it seems like people still don't understand.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM by Minecrawler.)
02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(02-23-2013, 04:13 PM)Minecrawler Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 04:02 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: You're complaining about something that is so diminutive that it does not matter at all.
Besides my comment pertains to this thread more than your comments do. Can we just discuss something that relates to the original post and quit trying to justify your extraneous complaints?

That's not correct, Delirium. You need to understand more about gamedesign at all. So, listen to my posts and remember what I want to tell.
The text formulation is one of the most important features for immersing and I just wanted to tell why Amnesia's text are wrong when playing in german. I just wanted that the devs change that in their future projects and do it like in Penumbra before (if they did the translations).

My discussion about that ends here, but it seems like people still don't understand.

It's not that people don't understand, some people just don't care. A game is for pure entertainment. I'm getting tired of seeing my inbox clogged with "text this" and "text that". I understand that sometimes texts can break immersion, but for the general audience, it doesn't. That's why this particular thing is not really looked at with pure agreement.

I've worked on a couple games in my spare time, and time and time again, regular people who play games just look at it as a way to pass time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your points are invalidated, I'm saying, please focus on something else, as the only thing you've been posting here for the past week is about the texts breaking immersion for you.

(Also, you're being a little bit... way too egotistical. He doesn't have to listen to you if he doesn't want to)

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM by crisosphinx.)
02-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(02-23-2013, 04:13 PM)Minecrawler Wrote: That's not correct, Delirium. You need to understand more about gamedesign at all. So, listen to my posts and remember what I want to tell.

Okay my apologies, I didn't realize I was talking to the guru of game design. Also how do I listen to writing?
02-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I find it amusing that this argument is still going on.
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(02-23-2013, 11:25 PM)Statyk Wrote: I find it amusing that this argument is still going on.

[Image: tumblr_lfvdpvOV4S1qcu1hm.gif]

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Find
nuthouse Offline

Threads: 0

Oh... I was really hoping it would come out this February....
I've been waiting for 5 months now.

Well, guess I'll just have to save my money even longer.

Keep it up, you're doing a great job.
02-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

Shifting the whole controversy over the text, I wanted to point out that monster. IT SOUNDED FRICKEN TERRIFYING!

From the pattern of the footsteps and the quickness if the increased sound, it appears that the monster is faster than the ones in Amnesia. A lot faster. Honestly, just the sounds and the apparent quickness of the new monster scare me a lot. And I haven't even seen the monster yet!

But I was thinking... How fast the person had to hide and the hastened arrival of the creature, do you guys think that they are taking out the running aspect of the game?

Don't get me wrong, we will be able to run from the things and all of that. I mean, do you think we will be able to escape the monster by sprinting away from it as we did before? To me, I don't think we will be able to. I think our only option in this game is hiding as fast as we can.

I think that this will actually improve the game, as it would make running into the thing that much scarier.

Overall, I can't wait for this release! And while it angers some people that the game is being delayed a little longer, it means that you are just taking that much more time to improve upon the game and make it that much more better.

Yay, game! Big Grin

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
02-24-2013, 06:13 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-24-2013, 06:13 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: Shifting the whole controversy over the text, I wanted to point out that monster. IT SOUNDED FRICKEN TERRIFYING!

From the pattern of the footsteps and the quickness if the increased sound, it appears that the monster is faster than the ones in Amnesia. A lot faster. Honestly, just the sounds and the apparent quickness of the new monster scare me a lot. And I haven't even seen the monster yet!

But I was thinking... How fast the person had to hide and the hastened arrival of the creature, do you guys think that they are taking out the running aspect of the game?

Don't get me wrong, we will be able to run from the things and all of that. I mean, do you think we will be able to escape the monster by sprinting away from it as we did before? To me, I don't think we will be able to. I think our only option in this game is hiding as fast as we can.

I think that this will actually improve the game, as it would make running into the thing that much scarier.

Overall, I can't wait for this release! And while it angers some people that the game is being delayed a little longer, it means that you are just taking that much more time to improve upon the game and make it that much more better.

Yay, game! Big Grin
5 Seconds. 5 Seconds that can take you to hell, or heaven. What if the Monster stands at the Player's hiding place, showing it's legs? That would be +++++++CREEPY.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(02-24-2013, 06:13 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: Shifting the whole controversy over the text, I wanted to point out that monster. IT SOUNDED FRICKEN TERRIFYING!

Yay, game! Big Grin

Hearing the speed of the monster was pretty scary. Especially its growl! The gurgling sound as it pursues the player is really creepy too, to me it sounds like there is a bit of a human like growl in that raw, I wonder what the hell we're in for!

Someone speculated that the monster gets on all fours, (if of course it is not missing any limbs), the thought of something chasing me down on all fours like that is very terrifying.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 11:39 AM by Tesseract.)
02-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-24-2013, 11:39 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:

Yay, game! Big Grin

Hearing the speed of the monster was pretty scary. Especially its growl! The gurgling sound as it pursues the player is really creepy too, to me it sounds like there is a bit of a human like growl in that raw, I wonder what the hell we're in for!

Someone speculated that the monster gets on all fours, (if of course it is not missing any limbs), the thought of something chasing me down on all fours like that is very terrifying.
Dat monster is transported directly from Hell.

Off-topic: LOL. Your Hair. It's all spiky.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Find