Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

Lol 666th.

Anyway, the shadow is really really weird. It's like a shadow of the middle finger if you know what I mean.
And A means Alpha. I don't what it does. It doesn't do anything.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(03-06-2013, 12:33 PM)No Author Wrote: Lol 666th.

Anyway, the shadow is really really weird. It's like a shadow of the middle finger if you know what I mean.

lol, I had meant it to look like the shadow of someone sitting in the chair even though the chair was empty. Now I can't see anything other than a finger. Oh well.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
03-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(03-06-2013, 12:37 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: lol, I had meant it to look like the shadow of someone sitting in the chair

Very nice idea! Smile

Ok so:

You need to turn down the texture scaling on the floor.

I like the general light in there. It's dim and darkblue. You might want to add a gobo to the spotlight.

Some decals would be nice, since the door is broken, i would not guess everything in this room are shiningly perfect.

Maybe curtains on the window, and books on the shelf.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2013, 12:37 PM)DeAngelo Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 12:33 PM)No Author Wrote: Lol 666th.

lol, I had meant it to look like the shadow of someone sitting in the chair even though the chair was empty. Now I can't see anything other than a finger. Oh well.

You should change that because it looks weird. The color of the billboard and the spotlight should be blue-er since the windows are blue. And the shelf is empty, you should fill it.
And another thing, the room is too empty. Add some fallen chairs or broken drawer since the screenshot looks like the door is destroyed and someone just walk in to the room. Don't forget to add decals and particle systems. Both of them are really important.

EDIT : I was too late. Damn you phone ! Y U SO HARD TO TYPE ?

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM by No Author.)
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(03-06-2013, 12:54 PM)No Author Wrote: EDIT : I was too late. Damn you phone ! Y U SO HARD TO TYPE ?

Mwahahaha

Trying is the first step to success.
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 12:47 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Very nice idea! Smile

Ok so:

You need to turn down the texture scaling on the floor.

I like the general light in there. It's dim and darkblue. You might want to add a gobo to the spotlight.

Some decals would be nice, since the door is broken, i would not guess everything in this room are shiningly perfect.

Maybe curtains on the window, and books on the shelf.

(03-06-2013, 12:54 PM)No Author Wrote: You should change that because it looks weird. The color of the billboard and the spotlight should be blue-er since the windows are blue. And the shelf is empty, you should fill it.
And another thing, the room is too empty. Add some fallen chairs or broken drawer since the screenshot looks like the door is destroyed and someone just walk in to the room. Don't forget to add decals and particle systems. Both of them are really important.

Thanks guys. I planned to put books on the shelf, that's just a tedious task so I wanted to get the screenshot out now. What's a gobo? *Checks editor and tries one out* That is freaking awesome! I had actually planned on putting some boards on the outside of the window to give shadows similar to the shape of the window. Now I don't have to. yay. Now I shall do some editing then make this post along with a new version Smile

Here's my second try. Amped up the particles (Other than light dust, I can't really think of any particles that fit in here. Running water doesn't seem to fit lol) also I couldn't find any curtains. Closest thing I found was those banner things. Is that what you meant?

Attached Files
.jpg   2013-03-06_00002.jpg (Size: 132.29 KB / Downloads: 111)

03-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

There are curtains on the ornaments section. You can use falling dust than light dust. Also, check the cast shadows box on the spotlight to make it more realistic.

03-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 02:21 PM)No Author Wrote: There are curtains on the ornaments section. You can use falling dust than light dust. Also, check the cast shadows box on the spotlight to make it more realistic.

OK, I replaced the light dust with the falling dust (couldn't tell if you were telling me to replace it or use both), there is no "curtain" object so I assume you mean those banners. I tossed those up there. And as for the spotlight, cast shadows is already turned on.

Attached Files
.jpg   2013-03-06_00003.jpg (Size: 125 KB / Downloads: 112)

03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Since the door is broken down, have some dust particles. Like falling dust instead of light dust. And a pile of rubble or dirt in front of the door because it shows the illusion as if the door was broken down and if a door is broken down, the wind can blow dust and dirt. For curtains, go to static objects/ornaments.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-06-2013, 02:32 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Since the door is broken down, have some dust particles. Like falling dust instead of light dust. And a pile of rubble or dirt in front of the door because it shows the illusion as if the door was broken down and if a door is broken down, the wind can blow dust and dirt. For curtains, go to static objects/ornaments.

Ooooooooh. I've been looking in Entities this entire time. OK, I see the curtains now. I'm a tard and a half.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM by DeAngelo.)
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Find