Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Time?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Time?

(03-09-2013, 01:48 AM)Kman Wrote: This was a cool thread

We can rebuild it: We have the technology.
03-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

(03-09-2013, 01:49 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 01:48 AM)Kman Wrote: This was a cool thread

We can rebuild it: We have the technology.

I think it would be nice if it would really be ressurected.
It's interesting to have discussions like this.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
03-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Do we all know (or was it mentioned) that gravity specifically effects time? the more gravity the slower time is. satellite's are on a different time schedule then us.

03-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

(03-09-2013, 02:04 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Do we all know (or was it mentioned) that gravity specifically effects time? the more gravity the slower time is. satellite's are on a different time schedule then us.

Really? I never heard about that. Very interesting.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
03-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(03-09-2013, 02:04 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Do we all know (or was it mentioned) that gravity specifically effects time? the more gravity the slower time is. satellite's are on a different time schedule then us.

Let me explain why this is:

Time is essentially Relative. Given this factor, we may accurately hypothesize that down here, with our marriages and women, time seems to slow down. This is due to the relativity I mentioned, how time slows down when one is struggling through excruciating torment.
On the other hand; in space, everything is fucking awesome. This makes time speed up, and our time slow down even more, as we see how great of a time the satellites are having, while we, in our enslavement, mow the lawn and attend bookclub meetings.
03-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(03-09-2013, 02:20 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:

Let me explain why this is:

Time is essentially Relative. Given this factor, we may accurately hypothesize that down here, with our marriages and women, time seems to slow down. This is due to the relativity I mentioned, how time slows down when one is struggling through excruciating torment.
On the other hand; in space, everything is fucking awesome. This makes time speed up, and our time slow down even more, as we see how great of a time the satellites are having, while we, in our enslavement, mow the lawn and attend bookclub meetings.

Haha, very nice. to help this discussion whatch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...cx8#t=139s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAnRKD4raY

03-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

My idea of time goes kind of like this. I got a lot of the idea from the "Thinking in Ten Dimensions" series on Youtube, or whatever they're called. I've really been thinking about this a lot lately, and I've just been waiting for the chance to post it all!

------------

The entire universe is made up of a bunch of matter moving through time. However, what we might call the multiverse comprises all possible timelines. Or to put it more directly, a multiverse is comprised of "moments" or still frames of all possible states of matter in the universe. Through the mechanism of entropy, the closest frames are linked together. For example, a moment in which you have just dropped a tennis ball is linked directly to a frame where everything is the same, but the tennis ball is slightly lower.

Timelines are created through cause and effect through the mechanism of entropy. The slightest difference creates split (random chance, such as the spin of a quantum particle), in which one frame is linked to two others.

You could say time is an illusion, but with this theory its more of a by-product. Its as real as time, space, or depth. Time is simply a measurement of the distance between "frames."

Here's where it gets tricky. I believe there is no such thing as "time before the Big Bang." Even that there is no such thing as "before" the Big Bang at all. And here's why. If the multiverse is comprised of all possible states of matter, there is one in which all matter is infinitely dense in a single point. However, because of this description, all possible frames that it can be linked to have universes in which the matter is slightly less dense. All possible moments leading away from the Big Bang have a higher entropy. When time is thus measured, all arrows leading away from the Big Bang go into the future.

This is why there is no such thing as time before the Big Bang. Time is dictated by entropy, and the infinitely dense point of matter is the lowest possible entropy you can get. If you were to get in a time machine and try to travel back beyond the Big Bang you would end up spinned around and travelling into the future again. Either that or you would simply stop.

Imagine the multiverse like a big sphere, in which the "past" is south, and the "future" is north. The arrow of time is really quite clear if you live somewhere like Central America. However, as you go into the past, following the line of entropy as it goes lower and lower, you eventually find yourself at a penultimate point. The South Pole. The point of lowest possible entropy in the universe. In the same way, you can't go any more south from here. This is as south as you get. All directions lead North; into the future.

The Big Bang is as "past" as you can possibly get.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013, 04:50 AM by Damascus.)
03-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(03-09-2013, 04:50 AM)Damascus Wrote: My idea of time goes kind of like this... :
Another theory on this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/m...n.universe

[Image: StupidImage.png?v0]

Each individual universe is actually "a loop" of a previous different possible universe. To say that each, or one universe, is the spawn-point of something "greater" would be wrong. There is nothing as "the one", from which it all spawned. Out of the infinitely large numbers of universes possible there is an infinite amount of universes which were created before "our big bang", and before those an infinite amount of universes created before the big bang of those.

Time for "us" is something which I as an constricted human being ultimately cannot comprehend. I can pretend, lie or try to explain but ultimately I cannot "see" the fourth dimension. To confine it to something as "entropy" would be simple-minded (as within an infinite amount of universes an infinite amount of possible "laws" are possible), or encompassing towards the structure of "the all" (the infinite amount of possible universes, timelines etc.) itself. Even if a "time 0" (across all possible universes) would exist, that would be met by an infinite amount of possible other universes in which "time 0" would exist.

According to this theory, the possiblities beyond or before "time 0" would also hold an infinite amount of universes in which big bang occured, where as "time" would be impossible to account for, or infinite to count.

Therefore big bang would not be "the start", as time stretches back to infinity and continues onward to infinity.

P.S Drunk; Possible spelling errors :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013, 06:42 AM by Acies.)
03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Ah jeez. I'm feeling the jealousy that everyone else harbors against me for masterfully employing my scienceness.
03-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

But isn't the universe expanding exponentially faster rather than slowing down :O?
03-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Website Find