Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Hey guys !
Can you check out my 1st video about AAMfP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMXPqrov...e=youtu.be
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(03-18-2013, 03:20 PM)lazz3r Wrote: Hey guys !

Nice to see someone trying to do this Smile Although the quality was a little too poor for me to make out everything sometimes, and the drawings meant I couldn't see the stuff sometimes either Sad

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
03-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

Watched the teaser trailer #2 again after a month, getting more excited as the days swiftly go by. Interestingly enough, for me, watching it this time around I just thought more on the idea of the monsters after again listening to that finishing line 'the swine will rise,' and I never took into consideration the possibility of the reanimation of dead tissue. Sort of like a Frankenstein's Monster type of effect Idea. Most comments I've read have suggested that the monsters may have robotic parts since it is a 'MACHINE' for pigs, and with its mentioned steampunk setting we've seen in the art and heard in interviews. Yet, what if those creatures we face, at least maybe one type, is simply either dead pigs brought back to life, or perhaps human parts and pig parts combined and zapped with life? Perhaps we shall see other animals besides pigs?

Just a fun thought. I'm sure it may have been brought up before, but... Oh, I'm rambling on, but I am so excited. So many ideas and thoughts, I can't wait to play and learn this game's plot. I'm sure it's going to be great! Big Grin

March is almost over, yay! Time is flying. Hope we get news soon.

Anyone have any other thoughts on the line 'the swine will rise?'
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(03-18-2013, 03:20 PM)lazz3r Wrote: Hey guys !

Can't see it, says it's private.

(03-19-2013, 01:49 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Watched the teaser trailer #2 again after a month, getting more excited as the days swiftly go by. Interestingly enough, for me, watching it this time around I just thought more on the idea of the monsters after again listening to that finishing line 'the swine will rise,' and I never took into consideration the possibility of the reanimation of dead tissue. Sort of like a Frankenstein's Monster type of effect Idea. Most comments I've read have suggested that the monsters may have robotic parts since it is a 'MACHINE' for pigs, and with its mentioned steampunk setting we've seen in the art and heard in interviews. Yet, what if those creatures we face, at least maybe one type, is simply either dead pigs brought back to life, or perhaps human parts and pig parts combined and zapped with life? Perhaps we shall see other animals besides pigs?

Just a fun thought. I'm sure it may have been brought up before, but... Oh, I'm rambling on, but I am so excited. So many ideas and thoughts, I can't wait to play and learn this game's plot. I'm sure it's going to be great! Big Grin

Interesting thoughts, the game is set in 1899 which is right around the time of Tesla technology. which is somewhat reminiscent of what they used to reanimate Frakenstein's monster. In fact, if you look for "1899" on the Tesla wikipedia page, you can see there was a lot going on at that time.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM by bluel0bster.)
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

Rambling? Quite the contrary!

(03-19-2013, 01:49 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Watched the teaser trailer #2 again after a month, getting more excited as the days swiftly go by. Interestingly enough, for me, watching it this time around I just thought more on the idea of the monsters after again listening to that finishing line 'the swine will rise,' and I never took into consideration the possibility of the reanimation of dead tissue. Sort of like a Frankenstein's Monster type of effect Idea. Most comments I've read have suggested that the monsters may have robotic parts since it is a 'MACHINE' for pigs, and with its mentioned steampunk setting we've seen in the art and heard in interviews. Yet, what if those creatures we face, at least maybe one type, is simply either dead pigs brought back to life, or perhaps human parts and pig parts combined and zapped with life? Perhaps we shall see other animals besides pigs?

I personally thought something like this all the way, that there are human and pig bodies mended into one big creature, or something like it, and only recently I started thinking that it might actually be part machine.

(03-19-2013, 01:49 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Perhaps we shall see other animals besides pigs?

Oh my god. This. A particular picture just came to life in my mind. It always creeped me out, especially the one the furthest away, but I never actually thought about that various kinds of animals' parts might make one of the monsters. That one screenshot from A Machine For Pigs suddenly became much more creepy:

Spoiler below!
[Image: 201210_aamfp_screenshot_2.jpg]

About the message "the swine will rise," every time I watched the teaser and reached that part of it, I had shivers. No, seriously. That part of the clip along will make me hesitate entering that factory. I find it that creepy.

Any more ideas? Well, let us hear them already!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM by Diz.)
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-19-2013, 04:20 PM)Diz Wrote: Rambling? Quite the contrary!

I personally thought something like this all the way, that there are human and pig bodies mended into one big creature, or something like it, and only recently I started thinking that it might actually be part machine.

(03-19-2013, 01:49 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Perhaps we shall see other animals besides pigs?

Oh my god. This. A particular picture just came to life in my mind. It always creeped me out, especially the one the furthest away, but I never actually thought about that various kinds of animals' parts might make one of the monsters. That one screenshot from A Machine For Pigs suddenly became much more creepy:

Spoiler below!

Oh look, wubwub is making a cameo Smile

[Image: luv.gif]
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(03-19-2013, 04:20 PM)Diz Wrote:

Spoiler below!

About the message "the swine will rise," every time I watched the teaser and reached that part of it, I had shivers. No, seriously. That part of the clip along will make me hesitate entering that factory. I find it that creepy.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1272894...0%8Bs.html

Thomas Grip Wrote:And it shows also because the base has so much done already... the interaction system is done, a lot of the core graphics and so on - so they can just build upon that, there's going to be a lot more details and stuff. I was surprised playing a prototype and there was an anteater in the game that came out of nowhere, and I was like 'oh shit, there's an anteater there!' Details like that. [laughs] I loved that anteater.

1) He was talking about that stuffed anteater
2) There is anteater monster in game.
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

friends AAMFP come very very soon!
03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Yes this was also my thought. In the end of the teaser Owald says "that depends on what you considers to be a pig". When the appetit of the machine can't be fed, because there are not enough pigs in London you have to "create" more. Big Grin
I'am most excited about the monsters and the purpose of the mysterious machine. Smile

Also we "just" had teasers. Does anybody know if we get a full trailer before the release?
03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Diz Wrote:About the message "the swine will rise," every time I watched the teaser and reached that part of it, I had shivers. No, seriously. That part of the clip along will make me hesitate entering that factory. I find it that creepy.

To me, that phrase, combined with the concept art of a chapel and pigs on a crucifix makes me think of some sort of cult, or a sect maybe... people who see themselves and their fellow humans as lowliest animals, who celebrate the downfall of society and the loss of their own humanity with maniacal glee, cover their faces with putrid pig heads and speak in grunts and squeals. Who started worshipping the machine they're slaving away for as both their torment and salvation and will drag you down with them when they eventually throw themselves into it!

I dunno, it kinda fits well with my whole theory about how famine and plague, combined with the already meagre ethics of the industrial revolution destroyed the very fabric of human morals in this fictional London Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Find