Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Are you a good coder in Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I know alot about coding in Amnesia, though Im not gona help any1 with it. Everyguy for himself!
0%
0 0%
No, Im new to this and alot of noob friendly help would be great for me!
0%
0 0%
Yes, I know alot about coding in Amnesia, and I would gladly help people who needs help!
33.33%
2 33.33%
Yes, but only a little, Im pretty new to this.
16.67%
1 16.67%
Not really, but im starting to learn.
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making objects pickupable?
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
Making objects pickupable?

Hello, I am making my first custom story and I was thinking theres alot of items you cant pickup. Is there anyway I can make the game allow me to pickup any sort of item I choose? For example. I take a brazen bull and make it small. I want the player to be able to pickup that small bull and hold it just like with a rock for example.
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Making objects pickupable?

If I'm not mistaken, the only way to do it is to convert the object to an item through the model editor, which is what I did with some of my entities, and save them as a new entity.
I'd recommend waiting for other answers because maybe there's an easier way to do it.
03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Open the Model Editor and change the said entity to an item. You have to change some things in order to make it work out.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-24-2013, 03:08 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Open the Model Editor and change the said entity to an item. You have to change some things in order to make it work out.

and "some" stuffs are?
03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-24-2013, 03:12 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 03:08 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Open the Model Editor and change the said entity to an item. You have to change some things in order to make it work out.

and "some" stuffs are?
Item image, size, and stuff.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-24-2013, 03:14 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 03:12 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:

and "some" stuffs are?
Item image, size, and stuff.

Dont get this. I dont want it in my inventory. I want to use a handheld torch. Ok? Now you know. So I take a bridge_torch and I want the player to carry it.
03-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(03-24-2013, 12:57 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: Hello, I am making my first custom story and I was thinking theres alot of items you cant pickup. Is there anyway I can make the game allow me to pickup any sort of item I choose? For example. I take a brazen bull and make it small. I want the player to be able to pickup that small bull and hold it just like with a rock for example.

So you want to be able to grab and throw it? (rather than make it into an inventory item) You'll need to make it into an entity of Object > Grab type (in User Defined Variables)
You'll need to open up the Brazen Bull in the model editor and scale it down there. It's kind of complicated though as it has a Hinge joint for opening the door on it's side, you may want to remove that but I'm not sure what it will do if you just delete the hinge - you may need to play around with the body's on it too (there should be a separate body for the door)

Hope that helps, sorry I can't give a more detailed answer, I haven't change many things with the model editor so I'm not sure what kind of problems you might run into.

(also, this kind of question should go into Development Support sub-forum in the future Smile)

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM by Adrianis.)
03-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-24-2013, 03:25 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 12:57 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: Hello, I am making my first custom story and I was thinking theres alot of items you cant pickup. Is there anyway I can make the game allow me to pickup any sort of item I choose? For example. I take a brazen bull and make it small. I want the player to be able to pickup that small bull and hold it just like with a rock for example.

So you want to be able to grab and throw it? (rather than make it into an inventory item) You'll need to make it into an entity of Object > Grab type (in User Defined Variables)
You'll need to open up the Brazen Bull in the model editor and scale it down there. It's kind of complicated though as it has a Hinge joint for opening the door on it's side, you may want to remove that but I'm not sure what it will do if you just delete the hinge - you may need to play around with the body's on it too (there should be a separate body for the door)

Hope that helps, sorry I can't give a more detailed answer, I haven't change many things with the model editor so I'm not sure what kind of problems you might run into.

(also, this kind of question should go into Development Support sub-forum in the future Smile)

Dont really get it. I was just using brazen bul as an example though. The item I really want the player to carry is the bridge torch. The grren torches near the inner sanctum at the end of the game. I clicked setting user define variables. Choosed object and then grab to the right. No things such as (modified) appeared but I assumed it would work. Then I saved it. Opened my level editor and placed my new made bridge_torch_handheld. (Wich I choose to name it). When I come to that part in the story I cant pick it up. Its just as static as static can be Sad. Thoug the level editor has other options for it in the entities window compared to normal bridge_torch
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(03-24-2013, 03:42 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:

Dont really get it. I was just using brazen bul as an example though. The item I really want the player to carry is the bridge torch. The grren torches near the inner sanctum at the end of the game. I clicked setting user define variables. Choosed object and then grab to the right. No things such as (modified) appeared but I assumed it would work. Then I saved it. Opened my level editor and placed my new made bridge_torch_handheld. (Wich I choose to name it). When I come to that part in the story I cant pick it up. Its just as static as static can be Sad. Thoug the level editor has other options for it in the entities window compared to normal bridge_torch

That's probably because you didn't give it a body. A grabable object needs a body of mass to be able to move and be grabbed Smile

03-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-24-2013, 03:45 PM)SilentStriker Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 03:42 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:

That's probably because you didn't give it a body. A grabable object needs a body of mass to be able to move and be grabbed Smile

And how do I add that? Common I need to know how to give it a body. What do I need to do? MainPyshicBody is that what I have to set the right name for? I know theres a green cylinder around it. I typed Body_1 in the MainPyshicBody window. I even tried editing the .ent file manually and adding mass to it but no luck. Please help me.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Find