Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "I almost died" thread
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: The "I almost died" thread

1. When i was (actually, i don't know my age back then.), i pushed my head the bars of the stairwell. My head can't get out. They had to broke it in order to make my head to come off.

2. I was in running race with my friend. Some guy just mopped the floor and we both slipped. Terrible thing is, the back of my head hit the floor and my friend's whole upper body hit my chest. I can't breath for a minute.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-26-2013, 06:02 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: 1. When i was (actually, i don't know my age back then.), I pushed my head through the bars of the stairwell. My head couldn't get out. They had to break the bars in order to make my head to come out.

2. I was in a running race with my friend. Some guy just mopped the floor and we both slipped. Terrible thing is, the back of my head hit the floor and my friend's whole upper body hit my chest. I couldn't breath for a minute.

Fixed.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM by failedALIAS.)
03-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I had no idea failedALIAS was JustAnotherPlayer's English Teacher.

Nice to meet you sir.

[Image: luv.gif]
03-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(03-26-2013, 09:03 AM)Wooderson Wrote: I had no idea failedALIAS was JustAnotherPlayer's English Teacher.

Nice to meet you sir.

Nice to meet you as well. And I'm active in the exercise of crushing highschool students' balls. Metaphorically of course. My demographic for such activities is far younger.
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Ah I see. You must be working in a Catholic school correct me if I am wrong?

[Image: luv.gif]
03-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-26-2013, 08:54 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 06:02 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: 1. When i was (actually, i don't know my age back then.), I pushed my head through the bars of the stairwell. My head couldn't get out. They had to break the bars in order to make my head to come out.

2. I was in a running race with my friend. Some guy just mopped the floor and we both slipped. Terrible thing is, the back of my head hit the floor and my friend's whole upper body hit my chest. I couldn't breath for a minute.

Fixed.
I WAS SLEEPY

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(03-26-2013, 06:02 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: My head can't get out. They had to broke it in order to make my head to come off.

Does that mean you're headless now?

On-Topic: I remember I've had pretty many near death-experiences, but they've never been so severe so I can't really remember them.
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

After 70 years plus I can say that everyone has multiple near death experiences throughout life and many have real death experiences that they don't live to tell.

Some of my more dramatic ones are:
Pneumonia at 15
almost drowning 5 miles off of Miami Beach and having to get back to shore alone at night. Thankfully I never thought of sharks while gulping seawater and gasping for air and going into minor panic.
Several serious car crash almosts.
Literally leaping from a 2nd floor burning building, naked, during a snow storm in Minnesota.
Falling down a 75ft cliff in Canada
Trapped in a blizzard for two days while hitchhiking through Montana.
Chased by a bear
Mugged by three guys with a gun.

Plus lots of other stupid mistakes that either led to injury or almosts.

But now my more real near deathers involve waiting to kick it from a heart attack or falling in the shower or down the stairs.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
03-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

About 4 years ago, I had just started downhill skiing, and I liked the idea of being able to grind all the rails successfully, and jump off the jumps perfectly; but I was told by my mother, seeing as I was still a minor (13), that i couldn't, unless i bought a helmet in the first place. Respecting her wishes, I held away from them until then, but the very day I bought a helmet, I went on the first rail I saw, and I lost balance, and hit the back of my head on the very end of the rail, where the neck joins up with the skull. Had I not wore a helmet that day, it would probably have been an instant death for me, seeing as I had a massive bump on my helmet when I looked back at it. Even with the helmet, the back of my head hurt extremely, and although it sounds silly, I think ill keep to what my mother tells me for future reference as well. #Momasboy

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
03-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

@Tigerawa it doesn't really have to be near-death. Look at my main post, if the bad thing happened to me i wouldn't die.. I'd lose an eye.

@Statyk, the one with your sister made me shiver. That reallly could have gone VERY wrong.

Anyway, heres another one:

I dont remember exactly how old i was.. somewhere around 11, i decided to have a sleep over at my cousin. Everything went nice and cool. The last day i packed my bag with all the stuff i had (sheets, sleeping gear,..) and left with my cousin accompanying me. On our way home we had to cross a very old bridge made out of small wooden boards (not a bridge for vehicles, i was going through a forest) and under the bridge was a shallow water with lots of rocks.

Anyway, we knew we should be carefull, so we went one at a time. My cousin passed first and awaited me on the other side. So it was my turn.. I took steps a bit too fast and as i stepped on a wet board, i slipped and fell down on my back on the other boards..the boards ofcourse didn't hold me so they cracked and i fell down. The drop was about 7-8m. I remember that everything just went slower as i was falling down, i swear i must have repeated "Oh shit" 50 times in my mind that 1 second. When suddenly i hear a splash and everything turns white for a couple of seconds. That's when i hear my cousin calling me if i'm alright. As he rushed down, i already managed to stand up. My back was hurting like hell, because i hit a rock in the water

How did i not break my back ? i had a huge backpack on my back filled with bed sheets, pillows and clothes.

If it wasnt for the backpack, i'd probably be on a wheelchair

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM by Nice.)
03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Find