Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

AAMFP movie

03-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Why are people so terrified of this "no inventory" system? How many games contain the system of solving puzzles without using an inventory and still worked just fine?

To name a few:
- Parts of the later Zelda Series (while containing an inventory, it still had puzzles which didn't involve it, but the environment instead, much like you will PROBABLY SEE in AAMFP)
- Condemned: Criminal Origins, Condemned: Bloodshot
- Dante's Inferno
- Portal 1 & 2
- Mirror's Edge
- Super Mario 64

And I'm sure there are more that I have not played or remember. I don't understand why this concept baffles people like it's something new and they get worried because of it. I have this same concept in mind for my own project and the sole purpose of it is to increase immersion, increase realism, and offer me the opportunity to make puzzles more unique. So why would you not be for it?

Stop being so nervous of it. We've done it before, and I can't see the inventory making things worse, but only better.
03-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I don't mind, in fact, it could be really good, as long as they don't put things in the interface. I love how there is no interface, and only a tiny dot in the middle of the screen. If, because of the no-inventory thing, they are going to put the sanity and health symbols in the interface, then that would be a shame. But I doubt they'll do that.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(03-29-2013, 10:27 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: I don't mind, in fact, it could be really good, as long as they don't put things in the interface. I love how there is no interface, and only a tiny dot in the middle of the screen. If, because of the no-inventory thing, they are going to put the sanity and health symbols in the interface, then that would be a shame. But I doubt they'll do that.

Nah itll be integrated again I bet. Screen goes red and grainy when low on heath, screen will warp and shit when sanity is low.

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
03-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(03-29-2013, 09:39 PM)Statyk Wrote: Why are people so terrified of this "no inventory" system? How many games contain the system of solving puzzles without using an inventory and still worked just fine?

To name a few:
- Parts of the later Zelda Series (while containing an inventory, it still had puzzles which didn't involve it, but the environment instead, much like you will PROBABLY SEE in AAMFP)
- Condemned: Criminal Origins, Condemned: Bloodshot
- Dante's Inferno
- Portal 1 & 2
- Mirror's Edge
- Super Mario 64

And I'm sure there are more that I have not played or remember. I don't understand why this concept baffles people like it's something new and they get worried because of it. I have this same concept in mind for my own project and the sole purpose of it is to increase immersion, increase realism, and offer me the opportunity to make puzzles more unique. So why would you not be for it?

Stop being so nervous of it. We've done it before, and I can't see the inventory making things worse, but only better.

Because Tab is our safety button. Smile

^(;,;)^
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
Chris Deveaux Offline

Threads: 3

I find it great that there won't be an inventory because then we won't be acting like a scaredy cat going into the inventory every time we see a monster appear/spawnBig Grin This is making me even more excited for the game nowHeart
03-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Wouldn't we just use the escape key instead, though?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Why are people so terrified of this "no inventory" system? How many games contain the system of solving puzzles without using an inventory and still worked just fine?
Maybe they are so used to the old formula of "use item A on item B" that they can't imagine any other puzzles anymore Big Grin

To add to the list: Limbo had some very nice inventory-free puzzles. (My favourite still being the entire spider-section!) Granted, it's in 2D but I believe many of the puzzles would have worked just as well in a 3D world, with some adjustments.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(03-29-2013, 09:36 PM)wubwub Wrote: AAMFP movie

Is it just me or do other people want to give this person a hug too?
03-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-30-2013, 12:34 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:36 PM)wubwub Wrote: AAMFP movie

Is it just me or do other people want to give this person a hug too?
I usally watch this trailer twice a week so not really.
03-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Find