Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Entities into Items
noovra Offline

Threads: 1
Entities into Items

Hello there!

I'm working right now on my custom story, but I'll need some help.
Someone has posted a thread about a topic, that's similar like this one. I know how I can make an entity to an item with the "Model Editor", but the problem is, if I start the game I can't pick this item up.
Maybe.. someone can told me, how I have to save the finished version of the item in the "Model Editor", because I just saved it in the normal "entities" of the "Amnesia The Dark Descent" folder.
Like: Amnesia The Dark Descent / entities / gameplay / ladder_moveable

The item is ingame right there, and also it'll indicated as ones, but I can't interact with it.

I'm very thankful for reading, and also thank you, to spend your time with it.
I was actually not the best man in english at school, so... I hope my message is readable.
04-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Entities into Items

Hmmm...well can you tell us the user defined variables you used for your item? Just making sure you didn't make a mistake there ^^

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Find
noovra Offline

Sure.
Type: Item SubTypeTongueuzzle
/
True
False
/
/
Black
True
False
/
/
/
True
Ladder1
ladder_moveable.dds
Book

Just by the way...
I just wanted a Ladder that the player can pick up as a item for a easy puzzle..:/
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 12:01 AM by noovra.)
04-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

If you have Justine installed, there is already a ladder item that you can use. It's in the "ptest" folder in "entities". Smile

In Ruins [WIP]
04-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Find
noovra Offline

(04-07-2013, 01:01 AM)NaxEla Wrote: If you have Justine installed, there is already a ladder item that you can use. It's in the "ptest" folder in "entities". Smile

Nah.. never played Justine. I'm not excited about all these "random" custom storys (but, I actually don't know it). I'm too scared, that a Monster appears randomly behind me. Because of that, I do my own custom storys. I love the puzzles and the creepy atmosphere.. but these random events destroy "MY" fun at the game.
I know, I should'nt judge all the same.. but like i said. I'm too scared.

Anyway.. I stray from the topic, forgive me
If no one can find a solution for my problem, I'll install Justine Smile.
04-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(04-07-2013, 01:20 AM)noovra Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 01:01 AM)NaxEla Wrote: If you have Justine installed, there is already a ladder item that you can use. It's in the "ptest" folder in "entities". Smile

Nah.. never played Justine. I'm not excited about all these "random" custom storys (but, I actually don't know it). I'm too scared, that a Monster appears randomly behind me. Because of that, I do my own custom storys. I love the puzzles and the creepy atmosphere.. but these random events destroy "MY" fun at the game.
I know, I should'nt judge all the same.. but like i said. I'm too scared.

Anyway.. I stray from the topic, forgive me
If no one can find a solution for my problem, I'll install Justine Smile.

Justine isn't a custom story. It's an expansion made by Frictional Games themselves Tongue

But make sure the ladder has a body on it in the model editor (green stuff), otherwise you cant pick it up

In Ruins [WIP]
04-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Find
noovra Offline

I realized right now, that I already have justine. And I've founded what I was looking for.
Thank you NaxEla!
04-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

on the topic of items I have run into a little problem myself and might as well post it here:

I have created an item for a mod I'm currently working on and set the settings in model editor exacly like an item from the original game. It shows up ingame,glows like an item should, and the interact hand icon appears when you aim at it. But for some reason you can't pick it up when you click on it. I tried placing the entity I had used as reference in the map as well, and it picked up just fine. Any idea what I might be missing?
heres a screenshot:
[Image: WTWQ7yY.jpg]
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Well, maybe just compare to a working vanilla asset from the original game, and make sure everything is the same? That always helps me out whenever I get stuck on something.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(04-07-2013, 12:00 PM)martinnord Wrote: on the topic of items I have run into a little problem myself and might as well post it here:

I have created an item for a mod I'm currently working on and set the settings in model editor exacly like an item from the original game. It shows up ingame,glows like an item should, and the interact hand icon appears when you aim at it. But for some reason you can't pick it up when you click on it. I tried placing the entity I had used as reference in the map as well, and it picked up just fine. Any idea what I might be missing?
heres a screenshot:
[Image: WTWQ7yY.jpg]

That must be a image problem: It happened the same with me. If you don't have an image for your inventory (or it doesn't work) you won't be able to pick it up.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Find