Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Frictional Games Super Secret Project Thread

This is the most highly anticipated game for me personally, more than AAMFP.
I see that there is a lot of discussion based on what theme will this new game be, ''Sci fi'' or more classical horror. I wish it would continue in the same vein as TDD, more preciselly a gothic, Lovercraftian horror, with typical SF elements being of secondary importance (considering if they would be used at all).
I wouldn't mind if the game will be in a more modern setting, but only so that I could witness that setting crumble beneath the weight of supranatural and inconceivable forces : )
04-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Thomas Grip Wrote:Good to see @Oatmeal shares my love for the mantis shrimp. It really is the most awesome animal ever. [url]http://t.co/jxUScA5NZY[/url]
There are rumours that their next project is codenamed "mantis". If yes, it probably refers to the shrimp. Wondering if we'll see one of those in the game, maybe as a boss? Wink
04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
Jdog8998 Offline

Wow...I found something really big and amazing about this new game, but I'm not sure if I should post it. I think the content might be an accidental release (if that's even possible), I'm not sure though. I thought about posting everything everything I saw, but I'm not sure if I'll do it because I know frictional games wants us to focus on Amnesia 2.

Believe it or not, I think I am the only person so far who has seen this, after the various press coverage about the secret project, you would think they would of posted something if they found anything that was released. I know though that its not a leak do to where I found it, but it still might be an accident on frictionals part, so I will not show anything unless someone gives me permission first, because that's how much I respect these guys.

HOWEVER, if anyone doesn't think i am full of it, I will describe to all you on here what I have found unless I am told not to do so. Now, before any moderator might attempt to call me out for anything shady, I will send you the source link to prove it is not a leak, and that its a hosted on a site that frictional is involved in. Its not my responsibility that one of them put it out, because it IS one of them and I can prove it to any mod if they ask me for the link in a private message. Now, in case anyone doesn't know Thomas grip actually showed off the game at GDC 2013, and it says so in his twitter. So yeah...lol

[Image: tumblr_lvlrizSpV01r3jhpno1_400.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 04:56 AM by Jdog8998.)
04-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-13-2013, 04:54 AM)Jdog8998 Wrote: Wow...I found something really big and amazing about this new game, but I'm not sure if I should post it. I think the content might be an accidental release (if that's even possible), I'm not sure though. I thought about posting everything everything I saw, but I'm not sure if I'll do it because I know frictional games wants us to focus on Amnesia 2.

Believe it or not, I think I am the only person so far who has seen this, after the various press coverage about the secret project, you would think they would of posted something if they found anything that was released. I know though that its not a leak do to where I found it, but it still might be an accident on frictionals part, so I will not show anything unless someone gives me permission first, because that's how much I respect these guys.

HOWEVER, if anyone doesn't think i am full of it, I will describe to all you on here what I have found unless I am told not to do so. Now, before any moderator might attempt to call me out for anything shady, I will send you the source link to prove it is not a leak, and that its a hosted on a site that frictional is involved in. Its not my responsibility that one of them put it out, because it IS one of them and I can prove it to any mod if they ask me for the link in a private message. Now, in case anyone doesn't know Thomas grip actually showed off the game at GDC 2013, and it says so in his twitter. So yeah...lol
Proof?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Find
Jdog8998 Offline

I can't post it yet, I think I'll get banned, I know a mod got pissed at some point over something related to this. I'm waiting for a mod to give me the go ahead first. BUT....I am being legit, you'll just have to trust me, I have good things Tongue

04-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-13-2013, 04:59 AM)Jdog8998 Wrote: I can't post it yet, I think I'll get banned, I know a mod got pissed at some point over something related to this. I'm waiting for a mod to give me the go ahead first. BUT....I am being legit, you'll just have to trust me, I have good things Tongue

Look, i trust you. Just PM me the link.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Find
Jdog8998 Offline

(04-13-2013, 05:00 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 04:59 AM)Jdog8998 Wrote: I can't post it yet, I think I'll get banned, I know a mod got pissed at some point over something related to this. I'm waiting for a mod to give me the go ahead first. BUT....I am being legit, you'll just have to trust me, I have good things Tongue

Look, i trust you. Just PM me the link.

I just sent Frictional an E-mail instead of the mod. I figured something from them would be more meaningful. The response I get will determine what I post. They said they read all emails, so if they don't care enough to tell me not to post anything, or if they tell me not to, then I won't. Otherwise, I'll post it.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 06:51 AM by Jdog8998.)
04-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well there was a bunch of concept arts that leaked like a year ago if that's what you're talking about

Posting Freak
04-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Website Find
Jdog8998 Offline

(04-13-2013, 07:01 AM)Kman Wrote: Well there was a bunch of concept arts that leaked like a year ago if that's what you're talking about

I found ingame screen shots from levels and assets, not concept art, and it does look exactly like that concept art from a while ago, the game is going to be based on that concept art for sure.

04-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(04-13-2013, 07:01 AM)Kman Wrote: Well there was a bunch of concept arts that leaked like a year ago if that's what you're talking about

wut concept art? tell meh!
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Website Find