Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-17-2013, 04:01 PM)Deep One Wrote: Meanwhile in the comment section of Halloween trailer:

[Image: 52KMMCk.jpg]

GOD DAMMIT

Honestly, they can play it in whatever way they prefer. It's their loss.
04-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

MyRedNeptune Wrote:My opinion on nudity is that it isn't the nudity that matters, but the sexualization. Amnesia's nudity isn't sexual, so I don't think it's inappropriate. Likewise, I think most people will agree that Renaissance statues and artwork aren't offensive either. Also, I would prioritize sexualization without nudity over nudity without sexualization as something inappropriate. Idk, maybe for some people it's different. [Image: biggrin.gif]
Ah I see... Well, I'm not really bothered by either of the two, so I sometimes have trouble relating if people are offended. I do my best to be understanding though. Wink

Dogfood Wrote:i have something for you.. If you were developing AAMFP how would you design the monsters ?
I think in general I'd try to find a design that's not too obvious. Many people seem to think of some sort of mutated pig monsters or pig-human hybrids... So I'd try to stay a bit away from those options to make the surprise bigger.
I'd also try to tie the monster design closely to the story, kinda how the (earlier) Silent Hill games did it. So it would make a big difference for the design if the monster is a real creature or stems from Mandus' insanity. The latter option would give more room for creative symbolism of course, but I think that something realistic can be just as scary. Like for example imagining what a human who was kept like a pig for a long time would actually behave and look like...
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 04:09 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-17-2013, 04:30 PM)stiven202 Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 04:42 AM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 03:26 AM)stiven202 Wrote: I expected so much and this boring

Expected so much from what?

I mean that waiting for a release date of AAMFP and me getting tired.

Have patience, my child, for the beginning of a new era is soon to be here.
04-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I would definitely like for scripted monster encounters to be de-emphasized.
04-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

Get rid of the "monster has spawned and is looking for you" music. I mean, all you have to do is wait in a closet 'till the music stops, and you know it's safe to continue.

04-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Hmm, i'd want to have NO monster music. I know that many of you will disagree with me on this matter so imma just explain a bit. When i was halfway through ATDD my play style changed completely. It went from "Oh god, what if there's something lurking in that corner" to "No music, no monster.. Oh shit monster music, gotta wait for it to end and then i'll be completely safe"

Edit: In short, what the guy above me said Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM by Nice.)
04-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I agree with Leon and dogfood.
04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-17-2013, 05:14 PM)Bridge Wrote: I would definitely like for scripted monster encounters to be de-emphasized.

Hehe, I'm the complete opposite. Scripted monster encounters are swell, just make them less predictable. Smile

Kotch: I believe you can already play Amnesia without the blurry effects - you can turn them off in the settings.

I also like the monster music because it's very ambient and sets the mood, but it does lead to the kind of playstyle that Dogfood described. I think the best solution would be to link monster music to perceived monster proximity: if the monster is close enough that the player can hear it or see it, start ambient music. Smile

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

I agree with the point about monster music. I'd like them to keep the chase music though, because it is vital to get clear feedback when a monster has spotted you and it also increases the rush of adrenaline.

I'd also like more interesting insanity effects, too, the blurry screen did indeed get annoying after a while. In general, I hope insanity will be handled in a more subtle way. In Amnesia it was basically the same as your health - a numeric stat you had to kinda keep track of while playing. After a while it stopped being atmospheric and the insanity effects felt more like simple feedback, just there so you wouldn't have to look at the insan-o-meter in the inventory...
04-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

There should still be music. It should just be more relative to the player's awareness of the monster as opposed to it's actual presence/spawning.

Come to think of it, this might not even apply. We're assuming the monsters are still going to de-spawn.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM by The Raining Brains.)
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Find