Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Admit One

(04-17-2013, 02:43 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Love the film, heard the book is mean't to be quite a hard read.

But I know what you mean, when I hear people say (mainly women) they hate the film or that its a terrible evil film and such it kinda pisses me off. Sure the film ain't pretty for women viewers but its not mean't to be which is the whole point.

It's kinda funny: after initially watching it two or three times I showed it to my mother, who is a Sociology Professor and Head of Women's Studies at her University. She was able to draw very insightful opinions about the movie, and saw the messages for what they were. I quickly read the book, which delves into aspects of Alex's character more effectively. One specific aspect which I discussed with my mother was Alex's thoughts towards women; particularly, how he saw them as objects. He could not even express respect for a woman. As in the book, he fails to ever describe any of their features other than the size of their breasts. He calls sex "in out in out", clearly showing his mechanical regard to an otherwise passionate activity.
So yes, the protagonist is very sexist. This, of course, is a work of fiction. Alex regarding women the way he does only makes sense, given his upbringing and environment.
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Huh, I didn't know there was a book.

On-Topic: I honestly wish that I, or someone else, would "reset" the world to what it was like during 5000 b.c. or something like that, that humans would exist but everything we had done would just be erased. Buildings, inventions etc. "Living in harmony" with nature and just live to survive. No huge complications...I wish we could go back to the time where we slept outside, hunted animals with bows and simple knifes for food, gathered things from around us to use for survival, to swim in a lake for the sake of swimming in a lake. I wish there would be no religions, nothing that ruled us, nothing that would change our ways. We would meet people along the way to our goal, whatever it might be; Traveling to another country, make something we could call home, something that would be left over for our descendants. I wish we could be truly free, nothing keeping us from being exactly that. I know I'd have to give up things like computers, games, real beds etc. but for that dreamworld of mine, I would offer that without a doubt...
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM by Tiger.)
04-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(04-17-2013, 04:07 PM)Tiger Wrote: Huh, I didn't know there was a book.

Anthony Burgess is rolling in his grave.

And in response to your "perfect world" ideal, I have to disagree. Although we would be free, in a far truer sense of the word-- there would be little to be "free" for. You wouldn't be free to read whatever you want, because no one would have written anything. And you'd find none but solitary satisfaction in writing anything since you were the only individual capable of reading it. All invention would be but a poison to your flesh existence; invasive light, unnatural to your dim world.
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I suggest Tiger learns how to Lucid dream.

[Image: luv.gif]
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

i hate pepperoni pizza

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(04-17-2013, 05:39 PM)Dogfood Wrote: i hate pepperoni pizza

There's a special place in Hell for men like you. . .

I'm a vegetarian, by the way.
04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(04-17-2013, 05:39 PM)Wooderson Wrote: I suggest Tiger learns how to Lucid dream.

I've tried and was close to succeeding, but I had to pee so I woke myself up ._.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM by Tiger.)
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Pigtails are sexy as helllllll...

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(04-17-2013, 05:36 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 04:07 PM)Tiger Wrote: Huh, I didn't know there was a book.

Anthony Burgess is rolling in his grave.

And in response to your "perfect world" ideal, I have to disagree. Although we would be free, in a far truer sense of the word-- there would be little to be "free" for. You wouldn't be free to read whatever you want, because no one would have written anything. And you'd find none but solitary satisfaction in writing anything since you were the only individual capable of reading it. All invention would be but a poison to your flesh existence; invasive light, unnatural to your dim world.

I never said nobody can't make things like books, basically what I'm trying to say is I wish life was more like Minecraft...Basically. And when I said "no inventions" I was talking about the inventions that has already been made, not that nobody can ever make an invention ever again. Smile

(04-17-2013, 05:55 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Pigtails are sexy as helllllll...

crnthn i thght u wr gay.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM by Tiger.)
04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(04-17-2013, 05:57 PM)Tiger Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 05:55 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Pigtails are sexy as helllllll...

crnthn i thght u wr gay.
So many people ARE on this forum, I too find myself losing track. But I'm positive that Corinthian is straight.
Kman is bisexual, but holds greater preference for men than women.
Chrono is likely gay, but that has yet to be entirely proven(despite the mountains of evidence).
Tiger, you used to be straight, but then you apparently looked at a picture of me-- changing all that.
Danny is straight. (I think?)
Deep One is likely straight.
wubwub is god.
And Adny is Adny.
04-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Find