Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID

Why does everything have to be slender man -______-

@ Amn: What I meant was, how are the controls? Hold space to start wallrun, let go to jump off again? Is it easy to master?

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM by Streetboat.)
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

yeap, just like Robo said.

There's no controls, you just jump at the wall and you get like 6 timed PlayerForce (up and slightly forward) to simulate the legs trying to climb. And that's it. You never lose control of the game you just get pushed up.
By moving the camera you can direct where you want to go cause you get pushed forward as well.

04-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(04-17-2013, 12:22 PM)immaturegames Wrote: It's very hard to make a monster, but if you want to, try to google it, and if you want a monster that just stands there it should be a slender man in the resources sub forum Smile

Actually, the easiest way I found to make a Slender Man was to just edit the textures of the statue model Tongue

But being back on topic, I think he would want some serious monsters, not one that stares at you from a distance.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(04-18-2013, 03:38 AM)Amn Wrote: yeap, just like Robo said.

There's no controls, you just jump at the wall and you get like 6 timed PlayerForce (up and slightly forward) to simulate the legs trying to climb. And that's it. You never lose control of the game you just get pushed up.
By moving the camera you can direct where you want to go cause you get pushed forward as well.

Even without the forward 'pushing' force, if you turn the camera the momentum of your jump turns with you as well. I found that out whilst experimenting with jumping but only increasing the player's run speed, not applying any forces to the player. So, if you jump forward then quickly turn 180 degrees, you'll still be moving through the air in the forward direction of the camera

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM by Adrianis.)
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Find
immaturegames Offline

Threads: 1

(04-18-2013, 07:20 AM)ROMul8r Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 12:22 PM)immaturegames Wrote: It's very hard to make a monster, but if you want to, try to google it, and if you want a monster that just stands there it should be a slender man in the resources sub forum Smile

Actually, the easiest way I found to make a Slender Man was to just edit the textures of the statue model Tongue

But being back on topic, I think he would want some serious monsters, not one that stares at you from a distance.
He said id didn't need to have animations :p
04-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Bug  RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID

(04-18-2013, 09:39 AM)Adrianis Wrote:
(04-18-2013, 03:38 AM)Amn Wrote: yeap, just like Robo said.

Even without the forward 'pushing' force, if you turn the camera the momentum of your jump turns with you as well. I found that out whilst experimenting with jumping but only increasing the player's run speed, not applying any forces to the player. So, if you jump forward then quickly turn 180 degrees, you'll still be moving through the air in the forward direction of the camera
yes but you can prevent that from happening, make the climbing stop when the player leaves the wall area.

04-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

(04-16-2013, 02:56 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: For the voice actress, PM Miss Rigi. She rarely online's so just wait.

I have been summoned? But yeah, I'd be willing to do the voice acting. My soundcloud is here: https://soundcloud.com/missrigi but if you want a better sample toss me a test line C:

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
04-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

what a sweet voice, missRigi.
can you do a voice more like an arrogant and strong girl?
that would be cool, it fits the character a little better.

lines there are not much, cause story is quite simple -but yet solid- and there's only a couple of special events where i would like it to have voice acting. like the ending.

if you agree to do her voice, i'll be sending you some lines you can say.
i'd like you to improvise your own words when acting, it sounds better than just reading exactly what you have to say.

e.g.
success 1 : "That was easy"
success 2 : "Nothing can stop me!"
success 3 : "all right!"

any of those lines can be changed if you feel that the character wouldn't say that. what you say?
Those 3 lines are the character's voice when she completes a puzzle, the rest i'll send you later by pm if you're ok with this. (plus the story, if you want to know more).

04-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Find
Pew1DiePie Offline

Threads: 0

(04-16-2013, 03:47 AM)Amn Wrote: Hi,
Who wants to make a monster or two for my next mod ?

some tests on wall walking and other jumps
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/KKHuzLsTNcs[/video]

It doesn't need to have animations, it can be just a simple shadow, i don't care.
I'm tired of using grunts and brutes, and they don't fit this mod quite well.

With no animations to play, i'm still able to give life to the monster using maybe moving entities, some effects, teleportation and other stuff.

What you guys think about this simulated physics?

oh and i can use some girl voice for the main character.
If there's anyone around willing to do the voice, let me know please.
I would LOVE TO! My name is Olivia and I'm a first time voice actor... I'd need the basics, but I'd Love to be a girl Voice actor, if you want demos, PM me, and we'll talk about it... Smile Thanks for reading my comment, I hope you pick me, because it looks AWESOME! Good Luck on finding enemy models Smile
04-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, thank you Olivia. But i'm afraid we already have the voice actor.
But still, in case somehow she can't do it, i'll let you know by pm. ok?

04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Find