Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Escape from Brackenburg
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
Escape from Brackenburg

I have finally finished work on my first custom story, Escape from Brackenburg:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/escape-from-brackenburg

Please check it out and let me know what you think, I made sure to put a lot of your names in the credits as I would never have learned how to script without your assistance, so thanks a lot guys!

[Image: Amnesia2013-06-0722-32-24-84.png]

[Image: Amnesia2013-06-0722-33-55-63.png]

[Image: Amnesia2013-06-0722-36-30-34.png]

[Image: Amnesia2013-06-0722-30-53-64.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 01:49 AM by serbusfish.)
06-15-2013, 01:36 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Escape from Brackenburg

Ok, i'm playing it, i'm coming back to write my review.

Done, it was a little long. 7/10.
It is an acceptable cs that maintains carefully the style of the original Amnesia.

It's evident the effort you put into it, we know how hard is to ambient a whole level. And you took your time to place everything right, to decor every room and stuff.

Your first version didn't have any bug, and that's great.
Of course there's nothing too complex to permit a bug happen but it's still good.

Spoiler below!
I followed the story, as i always like to do. Mostly cause i like reading and am a little curious. I try not to underestimate the writer and give it a try.

Now, did i get it right? Your character was tortured, then he escaped from the iron maiden somehow. He kills this Earl guy and then the game starts. So, he must find the Master Key to open the main door an leave. Is that right?

I liked how you placed the enemies and their pathnodes. Although some were a little unfair. You had no mercy, that's lovely.

What i didn't like was
Spoiler below!
... the prisons, it's too easy to get lost there and it's huge with too many rooms and corridors. And darkness, the lack of oil and the annoying lag were not helping at all.

You gotta reduce the amount of boxes and stuff, something is lagging very bad. There were times i was playing with 11~20fps.
Imagine a utuber trying to record it.
My advice: Care the player. He's always first.

That's all.
And thank you for the credits, though i don't remember what i did.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 08:57 AM by Daemian.)
06-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(06-15-2013, 03:29 AM)Amn Wrote: Ok, i'm playing it, i'm coming back to write my review.

Done, it was a little long. 7/10.
It is an acceptable cs that maintains carefully the style of the original Amnesia.

It's evident the effort you put into it, we know how hard is to ambient a whole level. And you took your time to place everything right, to decor every room and stuff.

Your first version didn't have any bug, and that's great.
Of course there's nothing too complex to permit a bug happen but it's still good.

Spoiler below!
I followed the story, as i always like to do. Mostly cause i like reading and am a little curious. I try not to underestimate the writer and give it a try.

Now, did i get it right? Your character was tortured, then he escaped from the iron maiden somehow. He kills this Earl guy and then the game starts. So, he must find the Master Key to open the main door an leave. Is that right?

I liked how you placed the enemies and their pathnodes. Although some were a little unfair. You had no mercy, that's lovely.

What i didn't like was
Spoiler below!
... the prisons, it's too easy to get lost there and it's huge with too many rooms and corridors. And darkness, the lack of oil and the annoying lag were not helping at all.

You gotta reduce the amount of boxes and stuff, something is lagging very bad. There were times i was playing with 11~20fps.
Imagine a utuber trying to record it.
My advice: Care the player. He's always first.

That's all.
And thank you for the credits, though i don't remember what i did.

7/10 is good, thanks Smile

Im not sure why you think it being long is a bad point though? My intention was to make it a decent length.

Im glad everything worked ok, the machine in particular was a bit of a problem that would randomly break.

Spoiler below!

Yes thats correct. I did have it written in the text message that as you were being removed from the iron maiden you managed to overpower the Earl as he wasnt expecting you to be in any shape to fight back, but I trimmed it out iirc.

Im sorry to hear it lagged though, i tested it on my PC and laptop and it ran fine on both..

I might put more oil in a future version though.

06-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry bro I haven't play this in a while because I'm just putting all my work to my own custom story so I'm pre-occupied.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Excuse mua?
The game lasted a little longer than i expected, i didn't mean it was bad at all.
Was good for me.

06-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(06-15-2013, 02:07 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Sorry bro I haven't play this in a while because I'm just putting all my work to my own custom story so I'm pre-occupied.

Thats ok pal, I still put you in the credits as you helped me with scripting Smile If you wanna give me your feedback sometime I could always implement some if necessary and add you as a beta tester Smile

(06-15-2013, 05:28 PM)Amn Wrote: Excuse mua?
The game lasted a little longer than i expected, i didn't mean it was bad at all.
Was good for me.

Ah right I see, sorry it was just the way your worded it, I thought you meant it dragged on too long Blush

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013, 10:23 PM by serbusfish.)
06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Really decent, just finished it. I will give review on your ModdB thread. ^^

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013, 01:52 PM by HumiliatioN.)
06-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(06-16-2013, 01:52 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Really decent, just finished it. I will give review on your ModdB thread. ^^

Thanks pal Smile

06-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

enjoying it immensely

There is only one thing I would suggest you:

Spoiler below!
when you go to the east wing (I guess, can't really remember...), there is a door that is blocked by many boxes and you have to go around then when you go close to a door, the character is pushed back and it plays that Iron Maiden's scream (do you see where this is?). I would suggest you to replace that scream with something else because that scream is too violent (specially if the player is using headphones) and it kinda breaks the mood. You could replace it by that high pitched girl's scream that played in the original amnesia when you would go near that torch thing in the storage remember?

Everything else seems really good so far. I'll give you a 8.5/10 so far (I just entered the dungeons map)
06-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(06-17-2013, 11:17 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: enjoying it immensely

There is only one thing I would suggest you:

Spoiler below!
when you go to the east wing (I guess, can't really remember...), there is a door that is blocked by many boxes and you have to go around then when you go close to a door, the character is pushed back and it plays that Iron Maiden's scream (do you see where this is?). I would suggest you to replace that scream with something else because that scream is too violent (specially if the player is using headphones) and it kinda breaks the mood. You could replace it by that high pitched girl's scream that played in the original amnesia when you would go near that torch thing in the storage remember?

Everything else seems really good so far. I'll give you a 8.5/10 so far (I just entered the dungeons map)

Im glad your liking it Smile

Spoiler below!

I chose to use that sound for a reason Wink

06-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Find