Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: Frictional Games Super Secret Project Discussion Topic

(06-17-2013, 09:19 AM)Paddy Wrote: I came across another blog banner from a few months back which contains an image:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/ymqe7.jpg

Not sure if it's showing AAMFP or the Super Secret Project. I got it from here:

https://www.facebook.com/Amnesia.A.Machine.For.Pigs

It's just the old dev blog banner.
http://frictionalgames.blogspot.be/

06-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

I don't think people should have a problem with a lack of dynamic shadows in FG games... I don't play their titles for graphical fidelity.
06-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(06-17-2013, 09:19 AM)Paddy Wrote: I came across another blog banner from a few months back which contains an image:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/ymqe7.jpg

That is a very old Amnesia blog banner which was used for years.
06-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-06-2013, 08:06 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 11:51 AM)Deep One Wrote: Actually the spiders do appear in the game. At the spiral staircase of the Nave, to be exact.

@3:00
[video]

Damn, I've played the game a dozen times and never seen that. Is that the only place where they appear?

I'm actually glad they weren't in the game in a more direct fashion; even in Penumbra I found the leaping critter attacks to be pretty irritating.

/sacrilege

Irritating? More like horrifying.
06-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

They've done Penumbra series which takes place at the modern times. They've done Amnesia: the Dark Descent which mixes medieval mood (basically because of the medieval castle setting) and victorian themes. They're finishing Amnesia: a Machine for Pigs which represents XX century industrial theme at it's rusty-smokey-steam tesla-electro-conveyor dirty-sick-drunken bloody-slaughterous-warmongering peak. As a result I presume it's quite obvious to try to make something in the future times.

Just a little bit of logic, assumptions and presumptions. I may be right, I may be wrong.

Also Frictional guys Thomas in particular was always interested in physics. Open space gravity could be, surely, an interesting thing to try to implement into the Sci-Fi themed game. Low gravity allows you to make non-horizontal confusing all-directional levels and forces a player to think in all directions, which is a good thing for a horror game. Because all (just imagine that) directions could be used to scare you. Not to mention that cosmic low gravity is a big field for making truly unusual non-ordinary puzzles.

Finally, a bit of intuition... or personal highhopes.

I think they, Frictional, would love to enhace Space Odyssey idea of the frightening gone crazy computer, who is not even a visible character, just an emotionless voice. Godlike invisible enemy who is able to watch you nearly everywhere, where his electronical eyes are placed. Nearly nowhere to hide. Hard to imagine what to expect, any door can be closed, light can go down, etc.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 04:09 AM by Alex Ros.)
06-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Low gravity allows you to make non-horizontal confusing all-directional levels and forces a player to think in all directions, which is a good thing for a horror game. Because all (just imagine that) directions could be used to scare you. Not to mention that cosmic low gravity is a big field for making truly unusual non-ordinary puzzles.
It would be interesting to see how they keep the player's attention on what they want them to see.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
06-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(06-17-2013, 11:11 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That is a very old Amnesia blog banner which was used for years.

D'oh, should have known that Blush
06-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(06-18-2013, 03:53 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: I think they, Frictional, would love to enhace Space Odyssey idea of the frightening gone crazy computer, who is not even a visible character, just an emotionless voice. Godlike invisible enemy who is able to watch you nearly everywhere, where his electronical eyes are placed. Nearly nowhere to hide. Hard to imagine what to expect, any door can be closed, light can go down, etc.

If you like space odyssey, go and try out this game:
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
Both the book and game are wonderful!

06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Tweet from thomas:

After putting a name on every level left for the super secret project it feels like it should be done in no time.
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

Another tweet from Thomas:"Now just a matter of designing, modelling and scripting these! It feels so easy when I look at this document!".
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Find