Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Debate Thread
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Debate Thread

Come here to debate just about anything!

Rules
Pictures Allowed only if it Directly refer's to your debate

If your going to take part in a debate please make sure you read all of it so as to not reiterate anything.

Keep everything friendly, While i know debates can get very heated that doesn't mean that you should be aggressive to other people.

(and YES debates about ponies, anime, etc ARE allowed. If you don't like them just avoid the debates to do with them.)

If anything else comes to light that should be added to the rules they can (and more then likely will) be added. I encourage any mods to add rules as needed although i will check back to this thread whenever possible.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 06:02 AM by 7heDubz.)
06-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Debate Thread

Representation of Teenagers in Media (preferably film/tv)

Would kinda help with my project.

[Image: luv.gif]
06-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!

(06-25-2013, 01:25 AM)Wooderson Wrote: Representation of Teenagers in Media (preferably film/tv)

Would kinda help with my project.

I see teenager's being represented in media as being rebellious, disrespectful, drinking, drug-dealing, nincompoops.

Very rarely do i ever see a teen in the media that is shown being smart and helpful.

06-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Media represents teens as either morons who drink and consume drugs and have absolutely no consequences whatsoever for such actions (Project X cough cough). Or as simply morons who give too many fucks about popularity... Or both. Granted many follow some of these stereotypes. But damn it reaches absurd levels. I don't know how it swings on the US. But I never had or heard a popularity related conversation in my school days like how they are portrayed in movies. So I think media shows teenagers in an unjust and stereotyped manner.

Or its just me. Laying in fetal position inside my bubble of social ignorance, not aware of how deep the stick is up this generation's ass.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2013, 01:42 AM by Danny Boy.)
06-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Website Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

They demonize teenagers in the media in Canada and, considering my poor country's become best buddies with the U-S-of-A, I'm assuming it's exactly the same there (no surprise if that's where we got it from).

Honestly, it's just really offensive how teenagers are portrayed, and it's a pity. Very few teenagers are ever noted for doing something good - especially in the news. There are more stories about hyper-sexualized and violent teenagers than there are about hard-working, well-behaved ones. The only time we hear about the well behaved ones is after they've been murdered.

I'm just going to leave these links here since my point's been made before: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, and Link 4.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-25-2013, 03:34 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I too think that portrayal of teenagers in the US is over exaggerated. The media pictures them as a rebel, someone who don't care, and sex addicts. We know real teens aren't like that, I mean, a simple news is over exaggerated by the media. Always exaggerated.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

of course the news only reports stories of troubled teens because how interesting would something like "tonight at 11, jake is a responsible young adult and gets back home by 11 like his parents told him to!" be lol

Posting Freak
06-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(06-25-2013, 01:37 AM)Danarogon Wrote: Media represents teens as either morons who drink and consume drugs and have absolutely no consequences whatsoever for such actions (Project X cough cough). Or as simply morons who give too many fucks about popularity... Or both. Granted many follow some of these stereotypes. But damn it reaches absurd levels. I don't know how it swings on the US. But I never had or heard a popularity related conversation in my school days like how they are portrayed in movies. So I think media shows teenagers in an unjust and stereotyped manner.

Or its just me. Laying in fetal position inside my bubble of social ignorance, not aware of how deep the stick is up this generation's ass.

I once saw a thing on Fox news where the talking point was "What youths think of Obama".

So they went down to some kind of drug and alcohol orgy and asked a bunch of stupid kids what they thought. The answers were less than impressive.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
06-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

Have seen some news a while ago that todays teens are actually trending more towards career building and conservative family path things than my generation (born between the 80s and 90s) ever has. Sadly I don`t have any links. I can only remember that the study covered only Europe with a focus on german speaking countries and Scandinavia.
06-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I legitimately want to see the statistics on this.

Which is more popular, GoT or Breaking Bad?

[Image: p229xcq]
06-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Find