Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

Well I know that im not the best mapper ever but this is what i got ATM, room for improvments! Smile

[Image: 1h74f5.jpg]

[Image: 2w5ov0h.jpg]

[Image: jkwpau.jpg]
07-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Yeah, every picture has something, but seriously need more dirt and much more detailing and maybe little more light. This is ofc only my opinion, but I really like detailed maps that's what I'm aiming for too.

For the first picture: Add little more light like street lamps if you have those. More detailing on the windows like spotlights, pointlights added etc. Now, it looks really dark outside and needs to improve with those things.

Second picture is just doorway and trashcans, make a different picture what you really want to show to us and something what people want to see. This is just basic doorway / hallway thing.

Last picture: Looks nice, but need more detailing.. entities.

Looking good dude, but need improvements Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 12:55 AM by HumiliatioN.)
07-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Find
Kullin Offline

Okey thank you Smile
07-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

mmh, I'm back with some finished? stuff.

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Well, this was some experimental stuff. I tried creating some more .. creepy stuff, which is located behind that broken wall. As I wrote in my previous post, this room is connected to the nature? or somehow fraught by some weird stuff.
To achieve that, I chose that weird tree, and combined it with a broken door, put some of this red things of Amnesia and lighted it from the back with a spotlight, so I'll get this shadows. I flooded the ground with .. "bloody dust", which are actually billboards, but looked kinda cool. Combined with that empty shirt.. I liked it.
I don't know why it's not that good ingame, so.. I just took another editorscreen. D: shame on me.

Screen 4
Screen 5 (Editor, watch out.)

So, what do you think again? Not too much changed, yes. Just a lot of tweaks, like billboards, some little details.. but hey, looks better I think ? (: (hope Confused)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
07-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-03-2013, 12:43 AM)Kullin Wrote: Well I know that im not the best mapper ever but this is what i got ATM, room for improvments! Smile

[Image: 1h74f5.jpg]

[Image: 2w5ov0h.jpg]

[Image: jkwpau.jpg]

Picture 1: As stated before It't way to dark, look at the moon for example It's huge! So I think if you use that as the main source of light I think it would add a lot more to the map. The windows at the other hand dosn't need any change really, unless the lights on the inside should be lit, in this case add a few spotlights and boxlights on them.

Picture 2: There's not much to say about it but what I can say is, instead of having an army of trashcans remove a few and add some boxes maybe a dumpster or something in that fashion. Also for the walls the texture resolution is horrible, change it to some more hightextured material, or if you're using white night assets, I think there's a brickwall with some dirt and cracks to it.

Picture 3: Where's then ceiling? There's only a black square, and it looks almost as if you've used a boxlight to light up everything except the ceiling, as for the rest of the room, you need to add a lot more objects such as tables/chairs/lockers etc etc dosn't really matter as long as you fill up this room.

Ps: try to be more varied in your choice of assets.
Anyhow you clearly show potential in making maps, so keep it up!

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

Thank you! I have filled up the room! (I will post a screenshot later) And I will fix the textures, and they are from white night! Smile
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-04-2013, 02:43 PM)Kullin Wrote: Thank you! I have filled up the room! (I will post a screenshot later) And I will fix the textures, and they are from white night! Smile

Great!

- Inactive account -
07-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(07-03-2013, 01:00 PM)johnbox Wrote: mmh, I'm back with some finished? stuff...
You should use another one water shader to make it not shining in the darkness. I do not remember in particular what water shader is that exactly, but there are not many of them 2-3 as I remember.
07-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Website Find
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21

Just some screenshots In game from my upcoming Mod.
[Image: on2k.jpg]

[Image: rsw2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2013, 04:33 PM by Pshyched.)
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

(07-05-2013, 04:33 PM)Pshyched Wrote: Just some screenshots In game from my upcoming Mod.
[Image: on2k.jpg]

[Image: rsw2.jpg]
I think you should add a boxlight, and if you have one, make it brighter (on both pictures)

Add some dust on the second one!
07-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Find