Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "What are you listening now?" thread
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread

lol i wasn't saying that that was all you listened to i was just saying that from the bands you listed a good deal of them fit into that category so i thought you might like some other stuff like that. you can be interested in a genre and still listen to other stuff, like i take a particular interest in powerviolence and grindcore acts but i still love a ton of stuff that's not similar to that at all. all it means to be "into" a genre is that you like a good deal of bands out of it, it doesn't mean that you're restricted to that genre because of that or anything.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 04:55 PM by Kman.)
07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(07-09-2013, 11:47 PM)Kman Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 07:42 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Taking a candlelit bath while listening to this album is probably the best thing ever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zl5vpy__dQ

o heeey i just downloaded that like a week ago, good choice friend

Hai thx ^_^
Check out also the album Tchernovik by Povarovo; good stuff!

07-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(07-10-2013, 04:53 PM)Kman Wrote: lol i wasn't saying that that was all you listened to i was just saying that from the bands you listed a good deal of them fit into that category so i thought you might like some other stuff like that. you can be interested in a genre and still listen to other stuff, like i take a particular interest in powerviolence and grindcore acts but i still love a ton of stuff that's not similar to that at all. all it means to be "into" a genre is that you like a good deal of bands out of it, it doesn't mean that you're restricted to that genre because of that or anything.
Yeah, I know. I did understand what you meant. I just decided to take a moment and become better acquainted, a little revealing my musical tastes ))))))

(07-10-2013, 04:38 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: dude you are probably older than...
Well I presume you can simply check out my profile and see how old I am )))))) I am old enough to say that I remember the days when NIRVANA "Nevermind" was a new album, just released. And yeah I've seen NIRVANA live while Kurt was alive in Paris with my own eyes, so I his smile is right in my personal memory. And also, just for example, I do remember a day when NINE INCH NAILS "The Downward Spiral" first came out and it was a breakthrough, a bomb in a music industry, depressive, agressive, noisy, innovative. So yup I guess I am quite old ))))))

On a theme of the thread...

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/13aVIoyvadI[/video]

...and my favourite of theirs, drives me real crazy, wild tribal dance of machinery

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/RnfJU7w9ohQ[/video]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 03:32 PM by Alex Ros.)
07-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(07-10-2013, 02:21 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 07:40 AM)Kman Wrote: heard some stuff from isis, cult of luna, russian circles, like one or two projects from mike patton (specifically mr. bungle and his work with TDEP), and discharge and like them all, the rest are either new to me or i'm not a huge fan of. since you seem to be into that whole sort of sludge/metalcore/hardcore scene
Quite offtopic but OK... no, I am not into sludge/metalcore/hardcore scene ))) I love some particular bands and that's all. I listen to a lot of genres. Ambient for example - Lustmord, Ben Frost, House of Low Culture, Cities Last Broadcast, etc. Grunge - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, etc. Some hip-hop bands - Dalek, Beastie Boys. Some trip-hop bands - Massive Attack, Unkle, Portishead, etc. Nine Inch Nails on their own "wave". Oldies like Doors, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Black Sabbath. Old metal like Metallica, Sepultura, Pantera, Down, etc. Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerrard... Primus... Red Hot Chili Peppers... Fugazi and Minor Threat... Stoners Kyuss, White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age... oh, I hope that's enough to make it clear that I am quite open minded music listener )))))) I do not stick to any genre. Anyway, mr.Kman nice to meet you )))))))))

About Kyuss
Listening to Blues for the Red Sun right now <3

listen to boards of canada
07-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Website Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Dubstep all the way. Angel

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
07-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

skramz aoty incoming (only 7 views this is fucking bullshit wtf)

the most important powerviolence band ever sup

post rock/ambient/idm brilliance

Posting Freak
07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(07-10-2013, 10:11 PM)Hardarm Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 02:21 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: ... Stoners Kyuss, White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age...
About Kyuss. Listening to Blues for the Red Sun right now <3
Here's a little present for u personally, Hardarm. A band SLO BURN of the Kyuss vocalist that made a full-length at the very late 1995-early 1996, but it wasn't ever released. Only a tiny vinyl only 4 track EP was released. But here's a nearly full album (!!!), rough and unmastered, and really rare. I hope you'll enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ix9zr...loBurn.zip Do not even ask where I got it, and especially where I got it at THAT quality. You might find these tracks at some torrents and music forums, but surely (!!!) NOT at that quality, yup.

On a theme "what am I listening to right now", noisy ambient...
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/3fy4YPd7viU[/video]

And also Isis remixes album, my favourite is that crazy mix made by Dalek leader Oktopus. Real crazy mix of rap-pish bit and ISIS groaling.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/Ryrv-VgF9yY[/video]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM by Alex Ros.)
07-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(07-09-2013, 03:38 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 06:49 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 02:29 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I guess desolate music can go well with any kind of desolate environment... Smile Although for me, Lycia's music represents coldness (in a good way)...

Yeah... Big Grin This track makes me think of the cold, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zXgrV1IQ8

Wonderful piece, thanks for sharing! It reminds me of one of my favourite bands, Arcana:

It's got an oboe too - nice! Big Grin Though not really my style.

^(;,;)^
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

This song is so epic:

07-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak