Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague: a stuck door
peterix Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Plague: a stuck door

I've bought the Penumbra collection for Linux and already played through the first chapter. Now I'm playing Black Plague.
I went into the computer room and gave the weird guy a saw. The problem is that when I open the freezer, the door gets stuck in a loop (it's 'opening' all the time and makes a lot of noise). This means I can't get the zombie guy in the freezer and can't continue Dodgy All the doors are locked.

What now?

Also, the save&load stuff is buggy. When I load the latest save I did by using the lantern in the zombie guys room, he respawns behind me... quite annoying. And it happens with more things than just this.
07-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Plague: a stuck door

Hm sounds like the saved game might have become corrupt as some point, maybe the only solution is to replay from a part of the game before you noticed the corruptions
07-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Website Find
peterix Offline

Threads: 1

(07-20-2009, 07:51 AM)jens Wrote: Hm sounds like the saved game might have become corrupt as some point, maybe the only solution is to replay from a part of the game before you noticed the corruptions

I replayed the game from start and it did the same thing. This time I led the zombie inside and pushed the button. Zombie disappeared, the door was still stuck in the opening loop and *I could continue*. Not long after that I found a second misbehaving door of the same kind - it's the one that closes behind you and the rock worm attacks. The door didn't close, but I was teleported back into the room every time I tried leaving... until I killed the worm.

So, not a game-breaking bug. Kills the mood tho. ~_~
07-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Find
john_i_ Offline

Threads: 0

(07-20-2009, 01:52 AM)peterix Wrote: I've bought the Penumbra collection for Linux and already played through the first chapter. Now I'm playing Black Plague.
I went into the computer room and gave the weird guy a saw. The problem is that when I open the freezer, the door gets stuck in a loop (it's 'opening' all the time and makes a lot of noise). This means I can't get the zombie guy in the freezer and can't continue Dodgy All the doors are locked.

What now?

Also, the save&load stuff is buggy. When I load the latest save I did by using the lantern in the zombie guys room, he respawns behind me... quite annoying. And it happens with more things than just this.

I had the exact same problem in the linux version. The door just gets stuck in the open position shifting slightly back and forth. I was able to get the zombie in and hit the close button. It acts like it is closed, and the zombie pounds on the door as if it is closed (You can no longer see the zombie in the freezer, but he is there).

I also tries restarting before entering the computer error and it happens the same each time.
07-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Find
The Noid Offline

I can also confirm this bug.
07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Find
bajatar Offline

Same here, both mentioned doors. They seem to get stuck in the wall and jerk around, trying to move.

In the computer room I lured the monster to the back of the misty/freezing/server room, sprinted out and pushed the door button. The monster vanished and the door stayed open. You can still hear its grunts, door banging and the comments of "the voice". I also received damage when I walked through the bugged door after "locking" the monster in. Everything seems to have continued normally after that, so far.
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Find
nykysle Offline

Threads: 9

I have a slightly similar problem with the zombie. When I restart the game from the artefact in the computer zombies original room he is right behind me. It doesn't attack because I am crouched
I can sneak past but I can't shut the door on him because he broke it down chasing me in earlier.

I cannot program the new cards because the game says I do not have time for this now. Probably because the zombie is loose.

I will have to try to catch the zombie in the server room but so far I am not quick enough getting around him and grabbing and closing the door.

he is not too bright but is getting to be a total bloody nuisance
I REALLY REALLY wish I could clobber him with something.

I had trouble with the computer room electric door just cycling open continually.
Similar problem with the transformer room door and the worm, I couldn't leave the transformer room either. I got jumped back in each time.

May need to restart the game.
I GOT HIM. In the server room; the bright misty one. I was trying to trap him in the card rack room.

Funny the server room door is still wide open and cycling, attempting to close. no sign of the zombie but he is banging to get out
08-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Find
nykysle Offline

A glitch I think.

I am stuck in the transformer room with the electrocuted worm and the sliding door banging open. I can't leave the room. Each time I try walking down the hallway I get looped back into the room. The worm tunnels are no go either
08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(08-04-2009, 11:24 AM)nykysle Wrote: A glitch I think.

I am stuck in the transformer room with the electrocuted worm and the sliding door banging open. I can't leave the room. Each time I try walking down the hallway I get looped back into the room. The worm tunnels are no go either

There is an object that you´re supposed to pick up.
08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Find
nykysle Offline

(08-04-2009, 09:33 PM)spukrian Wrote:
(08-04-2009, 11:24 AM)nykysle Wrote: A glitch I think.

There is an object that you´re supposed to pick up.

Do you mean the hand. I have it, but I still can't get out of the room. If I walk from the room along the corridor, I get looped back into the worm room. I am not sure the door is supposed to continually bang and continually cycle.

I have re installed and restarted the game with the same result.

This is as far as the game plays.
08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Find