Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
AlexCarlson Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

"moar grindier"? Does that mean it will be even more screechy and disturbing? I'm looking forward to this Smile
07-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Website Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

I watched the trailer a few times and noticed something rather interesting in the gameplay footage towards the end - I pointed this out a while back on the youtube video and I thought I might share it here.

In the chase scene when the player runs into the cage and looks out through the other cages I noticed something rather interesting: There is something moving behind all of the other cages - obviously - but the thing behind the cages is thought to be the 'monster' walking around searching for the player, after observing its movement carefully I came to the idea that the movement behind the cages isn't the monster, I think it's some sort of motorized rail that moves carcases from one area of the level to another; however, I don't think all of them are dead as you can hear an 'oink' come from the area they're travelling to. The 'oink' I first thought was the monster but you can clearly hear it run off to the right. The reason I think they're travelling down a meat line is because I see no footsteps and the movement is very consistent, I don't see any animation coming from it other than it's moving from one area to another: no head bobbing and no other bodily movements.
07-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-13-2013, 08:24 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: If you guys are chomping at the bit for more information, I will be happy to answer sound related, non plot/spoiler/gameplay questions.

Oh are you ever gonna regret saying that!

Question 1 of 446:

Were you responsible for "Foley recordings"? If so, did you go anywhere weird or unusual to get sounds for the game? For instance, did you need to go to real abattoirs to get sounds of squealing livestock? Big Grin

(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: I watched the trailer a few times and noticed something rather interesting in the gameplay footage towards the end...

I agree with this observation, I think the "box head" monster people had pointed out is the mechanical rail thingy you mentioned. It moves slow and steadily, and you can hear a mechanical clanking sound from the direction of this object at around 1:51:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...yWQ#t=112s
07-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

Samuel, I just have one simple question. Do you think that the game is good? Smile
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Find
emaper Offline

Threads: 0

As a Mac user, I hope they will release the Mac version at the Day 1. I would hate to wait for the Mac version while PC users are already playing the game...

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
07-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: I watched the trailer a few times and noticed something rather interesting in the gameplay footage towards the end - I pointed this out a while back on the youtube video and I thought I might share it here.

In the chase scene when the player runs into the cage and looks out through the other cages I noticed something rather interesting: There is something moving behind all of the other cages - obviously - but the thing behind the cages is thought to be the 'monster' walking around searching for the player, after observing its movement carefully I came to the idea that the movement behind the cages isn't the monster, I think it's some sort of motorized rail that moves carcases from one area of the level to another; however, I don't think all of them are dead as you can hear an 'oink' come from the area they're travelling to. The 'oink' I first thought was the monster but you can clearly hear it run off to the right. The reason I think they're travelling down a meat line is because I see no footsteps and the movement is very consistent, I don't see any animation coming from it other than it's moving from one area to another: no head bobbing and no other bodily movements.

---------------

Love your theory on it, it is very interesting. Here's mine Smile

I, too, think that what we see in the trailer is nothing more but a meat hook railing system, however, my assumption on the squealing is that I think that perhaps some of those cages we do not see are not all entirely empty. Also, I do feel that there may be a sinister creature in the room (the heftier grunting we first hear when Oswald walks into the area, the noise which sets him into panic mode.) You also hear the stomping, the pattering, and the rattling sound as if a cage door is being shaken. I think maybe there is a monster (not even going to call it a pig monster, as most everyone seems to be believing it to be) checking the security of the cages in the room. So, I feel that thechineseroom was smart having us focused on the meat hook since as soon as it goes by, Oswald leaves the cage and continues onward. But what if as soon as he takes a turn up ahead, there is a scary surprise waiting for him around a corner? Or, perhaps, what if it comes up right behind him? That's the feeling I got watching that scene, and it makes me all that more excited.
07-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

Why would you doubt that it is a pig monster?
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(07-14-2013, 01:07 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Love your theory on it, it is very interesting. Here's mine Smile

I, too, think that what we see in the trailer is nothing more but a meat hook railing system, however, my assumption on the squealing is that I think that perhaps some of those cages we do not see are not all entirely empty. Also, I do feel that there may be a sinister creature in the room (the heftier grunting we first hear when Oswald walks into the area, the noise which sets him into panic mode.) You also hear the stomping, the pattering, and the rattling sound as if a cage door is being shaken. I think maybe there is a monster (not even going to call it a pig monster, as most everyone seems to be believing it to be) checking the security of the cages in the room. So, I feel that thechineseroom was smart having us focused on the meat hook since as soon as it goes by, Oswald leaves the cage and continues onward. But what if as soon as he takes a turn up ahead, there is a scary surprise waiting for him around a corner? Or, perhaps, what if it comes up right behind him? That's the feeling I got watching that scene, and it makes me all that more excited.

I love the idea of the monster checking the cages for any open doors as though it's looking for where the player went! That would be extremely tense but would the AI be advanced enough to perform such behaviours. I also agree that not all of the cages are empty, I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens.

The idea of a 'Pig monster' is a bit too easy as the title of the game seems like a metaphor but also a literal. I think the monsters will be a mixture of human and pig that became fused together in the guts of an elaborate machine but could the machine also be a metaphor? Again it's something we're yet to see.

(07-14-2013, 08:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: I agree with this observation, I think the "box head" monster people had pointed out is the mechanical rail thingy you mentioned. It moves slow and steadily, and you can hear a mechanical clanking sound from the direction of this object at around 1:51:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...yWQ#t=112s

Yes indeed you can, you can also see the object pass through those plastic door strands that you go through to get into the room - not the same ones though.
07-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Find
ByT0r395 Offline

It have been confirmed that aamfp is about finding Oswald's children so I don't think either have died in Mexico.
I think The Machine might be a metaphor for industry areas and employer neighbourhoods.
Oswald's children might have got lost in "the machine" while Oswald have been in coma.
07-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-14-2013, 03:24 PM)ByT0r395 Wrote: It have been confirmed that aamfp is about finding Oswald's children so I don't think either have died in Mexico.
I think The Machine might be a metaphor for industry areas and employer neighbourhoods.
Oswald's children might have got lost in "the machine" while Oswald have been in coma.

Proof or it's a lie.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Find