Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Work in progress Slender: Curse of Hope [Slenderman Gameplay Video out!]
Plank Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Slender: Curse of Hope [Screenshots Added!]

I think this looks like a really interesting custom story

does everything taste like chicken or
does chicken taste like everything?
06-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

The demo keeps crashing when I try to use the flashlight.

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-22-2013, 07:42 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote: The demo keeps crashing when I try to use the flashlight.

What did you do?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Find
Karba Offline

Threads: 5

Hello, i am the co-founder of this project (Joakim).
I'm sorry to tell you that this has currently been put on ice since the modeler (Martin) didnt have the time to create a big project like this for the moment, which i respect.
It's hard (almost impossible) to find a modeler that can create objects/entitys in the same style as Martin that fit into this mod so well.
So right now this is put on ice, and i rather release nothing than a 15 minute full conversion.

If you scream for 8 years, 7 month and 6 days you have produced enough energy to warm a cup of coffee
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Find
Glue Factory Offline

Threads: 0

(07-22-2013, 01:28 PM)Karba Wrote: Hello, i am the co-founder of this project (Joakim).
I'm sorry to tell you that this has currently been put on ice since the modeler (Martin) didnt have the time to create a big project like this for the moment, which i respect.
It's hard (almost impossible) to find a modeler that can create objects/entitys in the same style as Martin that fit into this mod so well.
So right now this is put on ice, and i rather release nothing than a 15 minute full conversion.

That's a shame, hopefully you will be able to find someone that can help you out with your project.

Haven't had a chance to play the demo yet, if done properly this could be quite good. Either way, best of luck.
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

(07-22-2013, 07:47 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 07:42 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote: The demo keeps crashing when I try to use the flashlight.

What did you do?

I pick up the flashlight, but when I try to turn it on the demo crashes.

(07-22-2013, 01:28 PM)Karba Wrote: Hello, i am the co-founder of this project (Joakim).

What models do you need in particular? I am getting good at using Blender and would be happy to help Blush

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2013, 07:35 AM by TheWalshinator.)
07-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(07-23-2013, 07:33 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 07:47 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

What did you do?

I pick up the flashlight, but when I try to turn it on the demo crashes.

What models do you need in particular? I am getting good at using Blender and would be happy to help Blush
Our plans were pretty naive and ambitious and in a modern setting so yeah a lot. That said my motivation and standard for model quality was very low at the time so I expect that someone skilled would easily be able to pump out models of quality that matched mine in no time, except for the wallsets though! because wallsets are wallsets and they just dont fit when they should fit leading to frustrations leading to quitting the project! gah!...making wallsets was torture.

anyway I suggest you take a look at this link which can also be found on the OP, it shows off some of the "Better" models I created for COH and I think that if you can do stuff like that you are living up to the standard, otherwise joining this would be suicide.

For actually getting your question properly answered I suggest you wait for Joachim to reply, If you dont get a reply and you want me to, then I
can tell him on skype for you.
07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Have you guys considered massively reducing the scope of the mod to try and work with what you do have? I mean, if it was an ambitious plan from the start, but now you realise it's too much to achieve, wouldn't you rather scale it down so it can be a fulfilling 15 - 20 min experience, rather than shelve the whole plan?

For example, if you're down a modeller but have a good programmer, you could focus on making a simpler environment but with dynamic events & encounters. It might end up being short initially but you could make it have good replay value instead, rather than focusing on a well detailed but static environment which requires a resource you may not have

07-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(07-23-2013, 02:52 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Have you guys considered massively reducing the scope of the mod to try and work with what you do have? I mean, if it was an ambitious plan from the start, but now you realise it's too much to achieve, wouldn't you rather scale it down so it can be a fulfilling 15 - 20 min experience, rather than shelve the whole plan?

For example, if you're down a modeller but have a good programmer, you could focus on making a simpler environment but with dynamic events & encounters. It might end up being short initially but you could make it have good replay value instead, rather than focusing on a well detailed but static environment which requires a resource you may not have
We actually had planned to just make what we could and release something incomplete and good, but overall I had completely lost my motivation in the project and still strugled with being able to get things done on time.
I was simply kept going by the thought that I had already put in so much time, and that Joachim pretty much relied on me, but really I decided that I was for the best to leave this as it caused way to much stress on me.

After leaving I have felt much better, my work motivation has improved greatly and so have the quality of it.

Maybe I could possibly finish this if I went back as I am now but after having been stuck in stress and frustration with this project for about half a year I dont really wanna go back(infact I would almost say it scares me) but rather move on to new and more doable future projects.
07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Yeh of course man, that's understandable, without motivation it's simply not possible to continue work.
To be honest, I was more talking to Joakim, as you'd already said that you were out of it, but it sounds like Joakim want's to continue but can't because of not having a modeller

07-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Find