Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
Plectrum61 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3

(08-18-2013, 09:34 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:06 AM)Plectrum61 Wrote: That man who is running away in the picture isn't really there. It's the way how aamfp uses the flashbacks, by seeing ghosts... O_o

Could you please elaborate on how you mean by ''flashbacks''?

In ATDD you could see a big white flash, followed by a dialogue when you entered an area that Daniel remembers (example: "It sure is dark in here. Yes but you can light the lamp now if you wish. What's the reason? For the darkness that is.") I always called them flashback because he remembers things from the past. I suspect that when you encounter such a 'flashback' in AAMFP, you will see the ghosts of the past recreating the moment that Oswald witnessed, instead of only hearing a dialogue.

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM by Plectrum61.)
08-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

(08-18-2013, 10:02 AM)Plectrum61 Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:34 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 09:06 AM)Plectrum61 Wrote: That man who is running away in the picture isn't really there. It's the way how aamfp uses the flashbacks, by seeing ghosts... O_o

Could you please elaborate on how you mean by ''flashbacks''?

In ATDD you could see a big white flash, followed by a dialogue when you entered an area that Daniel remembers (example: "It sure is dark in here. Yes but you can light the lamp now if you wish. What's the reason? For the darkness that is.") I always called them flashback because he remembers things from the past. I think that when you encounter such a 'flashback' in AAMFP, you will see the ghosts of the past recreating the moment that Oswald witnessed.

Well if you look closely you can see that the man is running away from smoke, that means he either started a fire or that is Oswald seeing himself 10 minutes early? (Like a time paradox)

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
08-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Suddenly moddb says 9th Sep. ?

http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs

Coming Sep 9, 2013
08-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

I dont think the man is real and we will be able to communicate with him :/ Maybe it will be a flashback too but i think its just a normal moment. When you walk over the scriptarea, the man will run.
But aww we need some npcs to talk to D:

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

(08-18-2013, 11:47 AM)BossPiggy Wrote: I dont think the man is real and we will be able to communicate with him :/ Maybe it will be a flashback too but i think its just a normal moment. When you walk over the scriptarea, the man will run.
But aww we need some npcs to talk to D:

There will be other's at least you can communicate with more than just watch a man run trough a catwalk!

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
08-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I have pre-ordered A Machine For Pigs, and I cannot wait to try it! I have scheduled buying a new computer at some point before the release, and seeing as it is now right around the corner, I need to get to it.

One of the reasons for a fresh new calculator is that I have not bought/traded for a stationary computer in like 12 years, but I want to have a new and fresh computer that not only will handle this game in its full glory alone, but I want to try doing a livestream/Let's Play of it. I want to immerse myself into the creepy reality of forgotten past while sharing the experience with good framerate and quality for friends and potentially other viewers and to later watch my own reactions and screams-- I said nothing!

(08-17-2013, 10:39 PM)Clord Wrote: Good news that we now know the release date.

However it seems that not even new Amnesia monsters will be that scary by their actual look. Not that I really mind as it is just an one factor what makes up Amnesia series atmosphere.

This is the world of Amnesia, so I am absolutely confident in any potential creatures being no less than terrifying. I believe that anything we have seen up to this point will be nothing in comparement to how things will actually turn out, as I do not think they would release the information then. Frictional Games and The Chinese Room know how many detectives are on the Interwebz, and my piggie senses are telling me they enjoy to tease. ;D

To be honest, even if the potential creatures look like Super Mario and Gordon Freeman, I am still going to be scared out of my soul. When I play this game, I will force myself into the same mindset as I had when I first tried The Dark Descent: I am really there, and everything has a natural explanation until proven otherwise. I will assume there are no evil supernatural or dangerous creatures on the loose. When or if I see them, I will most likely try to sneak away and hide without ever thinking about looking their way, so I probably will not know what they look like for quite some time. I am sure this will make me feel a lot more scared, as well!

I remember someone commenting about the game's starting point earlier in this thread. I am pretty sure that I saw Jens or someone official revealing that 'monsters' may be present from the very start of the game. Simultaneously, I think it was also subtly mentioned a few times that the game starts off in your own dream/nightmare before waking up. If this turns out to be true, then oh dear. I imagine the game will have a neat little kick-starter, then.

The monitor on my computer is so weak that even after looking at the brightened screenshots provided earlier in this thread, I still cannot see anything on them, so I may view and comment on them later when I am on another computer. I did see one of them, though, the one with the silhouette of a man fleeing. It was mentioned that this may be the new 'flashback' mechanic. If so, then great! The white flash was not bad (and perhaps it will still be there), but just having random things appearing out of nowhere due to a sudden flashback would startle me for sure. I imagine we will have some sort of flashback indicator prior to flashbacks though, if there still actually will be any sort of flashbacks featured in the game.

(08-17-2013, 06:29 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
Steam Description Wrote:These are all driven by a gut-wrenching, blood-curdling new story, set sixty years after the events of the original game.
The way this sentence is structured, which explictly states that it 60 years after the original game makes me think there will definitely be some sort of reference to ADD in some way.

That, or I'm completely over thinking this...

Nonsense! Over thinking is what this thread is definitely for. =)

References to The Dark Descent has been confirmed, however it has been mentioned that they won't be impacting those who have not played the game, just that those who have may pick up on them.

For those being worried about A Machine For Pigs' compatibility with Windows 8, I do not think you need to worry. Windows 8 has been out for a while now, and more or less every PC bought these days will feature it, so the game not working on them would not be good at all. I also imagine it should not be (much) different from Windows 7 when it comes to a game like A Machine For Pigs.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
08-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

What if frictionl games is just puling our leg by saying that CS making wont be created but in reality they will make one, and infact make it so that CS's being created for ATDD can be ported easily over?

But if they dont, then
Pony warning.
Spoiler below!

[Image: haters-gonna-hate-my-little-pony.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 12:23 PM by 7heDubz.)
08-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Find
Rederkki Offline

What interests me is the photo of the monsters forearm. It's clearly very muscular. Or fat. Big Grin

And this little piggy went wee wee wee wee wee..
08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(08-18-2013, 12:46 PM)Rederkki Wrote: What interests me is the photo of the monsters forearm. It's clearly very muscular. Or fat. Big Grin

M'boy he fat!

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Find
Rederkki Offline

yeh. :/
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM by Rederkki.)
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Find