Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3

(08-22-2013, 06:28 PM)Peci Wrote: Two pics attached. The whole picture and an enlarged part of it.

Is that Oswald, his wife and the twins in the picture? Infront of it is something that looks like a memorial table - candles and white flowers.

If this is from Oswald's manor, it shows that he was a "great white hunter" and portrays a stronger picture of a somewhat non-empathetic person. (Personally I know a few hunters and they are nature loving people. Those people don't do taxidermy though.)

Cool find.

If he himself is the one who hunted the animals in the room, he apparently travels to hunt. (In case he didn't bring them home from Mexico, but that is very unlikely. Or were there hippos, bears and anteaters in England in the 1800's? lol)
08-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah. Biology isn't my strong suit but I think hippos only live in Africa so I guess he travelled quite a lot.

No matter if Mayans have anything to do with the plot or not, this is something to read for a horror fan. Didn't know they were so brutal.

"Aside from decapitation, the favored method in Postclassic times was a trick acquired from the Mexican cultures to the north, the removal of the heart. Women and children were sacrificed just as often as men. The intended victim was stripped and painted blue before being led to a courtyard or temple where the victim would be placed face-up over a convex altar-like stone also painted blue.

The arms and legs of the victim were held by specially designated priests while a fourth, called the nacom, would penetrate the victim's chest with a flint knife just below the left breast. Reaching inside the chest cavity, the nacom would pull out the still beating heart and hand it to another priest, who would then smear the blood on that idol to which the sacrifice had been made
(maybe that's why to cover art pig idol is bloody? Big Grin).

If the sacrifice had taken place on the top of a pyramid, the corpse would be thrown to the courtyard below where priests of lower rank would skin the victim except for the hands and feet. The skin would then be worn by the officiating priest who would solemnly dance among the spectators. If the victim had been an especially brave warrior his body might be butchered and eaten by the nobles and other spectators."

Read the whole thing from:
http://ambergriscaye.com/museum/digit14.html
08-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
Zebacus Offline

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sanity Loss?

With A Machine for Pigs just around the corner I was wondering will they add negative effects due to sanity loss this time round like vivid hallucinations or trick items instead of just some crackling noise?
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Website Find
Sakonosolo Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sanity Loss?

I really love games with sanity meters or effects. Amnesia had quite a few, like the cool wavy environment effect and bugs crawling across your screen but I would like more hallucinations. I'm not a dev so I couldn't say but I'd imagine it's similar to what was in the first game. I don't think they'd add more vivid effects.
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

What... the shit?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM by Ghieri.)
08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

(08-22-2013, 06:28 PM)Peci Wrote: Two pics attached. The whole picture and an enlarged part of it.

Is that Oswald, his wife and the twins in the picture? Infront of it is something that looks like a memorial table - candles and white flowers.

If this is from Oswald's manor, it shows that he was a "great white hunter" and portrays a stronger picture of a somewhat non-empathetic person. (Personally I know a few hunters and they are nature loving people. Those people don't do taxidermy though.)
Lol that Oswald and family is actually myself and my family! It was removed from the final game, was a little joke Smile

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM by samueljustice00.)
08-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(08-22-2013, 08:35 PM)Zebacus Wrote: With A Machine for Pigs just around the corner I was wondering will they add negative effects due to sanity loss this time round like vivid hallucinations or trick items instead of just some crackling noise?

Since Oswald suffers from life threatening fever rather than nyctophobia, we should expect to see a different kind of mechanic this time around. From what has been speculated/revealed, the game should appeal to more than just fear, like things being outright gross.

As with Daniel losing his sanity looking at creatures and unnatural events, we might have Oswald's fever and illness worsening looking at creatures and disturbing events. I am pretty sure something like this was mentioned somewhere thus far. At the very least, I imagine there will be some sort of penalty for looking directly at creatures in this game, as well.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
08-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I remember there being mention of puke physics on the old TCR site. I have a feeling Mandus won't be able to stomach some of the things he sees.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

(08-22-2013, 08:40 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote:

Lol that Oswald and family is actually myself and my family! It was removed from the final game, was a little joke Smile

Did I say Oswald? Of course I meant Samuel Big Grin
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

(08-22-2013, 08:47 PM)Potato Wrote: I remember there being mention of puke physics on the old TCR site. I have a feeling Mandus won't be able to stomach some of the things he sees.

That sounds a bit silly .. but it might work, I suppose
08-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Find