Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Changing shaders to anything but high causes massive problems
Thesus Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Changing shaders to anything but high causes massive problems

I got the Penumbra Collection from Best Buy today, and I have a problem with shaders and framerate. Anyways, if I change the shaders to low,very low, or medium, it causes massive texture stretching,crashing, and invisible objects. Not only that, but I've seen people get great framerate with systems worse than mine. I have the beta hotfix installed, and it didn't help at all.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670
RAM: 4GB
Processor: AMD Quad Core Phenom
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Changing shaders to anything but high causes massive problems

So that I get you: The game works fine in High, but the frame rate is bad?

Have you tried turning off features such has post effects and shadows and see how that affects things?

Have you made sure to follow the steps written here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2941
?
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Find
Thesus Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Changing shaders to anything but high causes massive problems

(10-09-2009, 12:56 PM)Thomas Wrote: So that I get you: The game works fine in High, but the frame rate is bad?

Have you tried turning off features such has post effects and shadows and see how that affects things?

Have you made sure to follow the steps written here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2941
?

I've turned off everything before, turned my res down to 1028x768, and followed your instructions exactly for the patch. And if I run it in very low it works, but everything is brightly lit, so areas with no light are as if there were invisble floodlights everywhere. My performance still is the worst possible, it's so bad I can't even hit a dog with the hammer. :question:

Do you need any other info?
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2009, 01:53 AM by rosedragon.)
10-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Find
Wyrd Offline

Threads: 2

Make sure the "Dual-Core Optimizer" from AMD isn't in your Add/Remove Programs list. It might be there if you upgraded your CPU or another game silently installed it.
10-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

If all quality modes, including very low causes problems then it is most certainly cpu related and Wyrd's suggestion might work.

Also, are these problem directly from the start at Oveture? Or do they pop up later?
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Find
Thesus Offline

(10-10-2009, 10:00 AM)Thomas Wrote: If all quality modes, including very low causes problems then it is most certainly cpu related and Wyrd's suggestion might work.

Also, are these problem directly from the start at Oveture? Or do they pop up later?

They're there the whole time. Also, gonna try wyrd's suggestion, hopefully that'll work.
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Find
Thesus Offline

Ah, fixed it. Go ahead and close this, I fixed my framerate.
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Did remove "Dual-Core Optimizer" fix it? Or was it something else?
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Website Find