Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Requests Scripting!
Zjurc Offline

Threads: 8
Brick  Scripting!

Hello all, as you can see by the title I really do need a scripter for this CS.
I simply suck at it and just can't imagine myself making a functioning script Undecided
The custom story is basically DONE. There is a horrifying story to it, nicely detailed levels (10 of them!) And even the plans for the scripts and where the notes will be. Atmosphere, monsters... Basically anything you can think of is finished (some require a bit of testing but its mostly solid first-hand) and the only thing to patch it all up are Scripts.
Anyone interested please reply to this thread! Let's make this CS see the light of the day!

Edit: Let me include some in-editor screenshots of the levels eh? Just so you guys can get a feel of what you're going to script:

[Image: tVQpS25.jpg]

[Image: OxgI5nf.jpg]

[Image: e9eQUEi.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 09:46 PM by Zjurc.)
08-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Scripting!

Gah, everyone sucks at the beggining, don't worry. Lots of times, our knowledge about something is an unpolished diamond, so clean that diamond. Do some tutorials, make simple stuff (spawning grunts, keys unlocking stuff, play with variables, etc), and improve at your rythm. If you ever have trouble, come at development support and plenty of people will help you (me included).

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Find
Zjurc Offline

(08-28-2013, 09:49 PM)The chaser Wrote: Gah, everyone sucks at the beggining, don't worry. Lots of times, our knowledge about something is an unpolished diamond, so clean that diamond. Do some tutorials, make simple stuff (spawning grunts, keys unlocking stuff, play with variables, etc), and improve at your rythm. If you ever have trouble, come at development support and plenty of people will help you (me included).

I appreciate your reply! Smile But this isn't exactly the beginning for me. I actually made a CS solo. In order to complete such a task I needed to divide my time into three sections: Scripting, Level making, Story.
As a result the level design isn't exactly pretty, and the scripting was pretty messy (some of it copy-pasted directly from tutorials <.<) and the story was barely there. I decided to make another, far superior CS. Made my level design very strong, and I personally know a poem writer. She agreed to make a nice plot and I think its pretty.. sick. In a good way. We *are* CS-ing a horror game after all. As a result of my dedication to design and the nature of the CS (in the way I imagine it) I barely touched scripting. Got back to it yesterday and I forgot it so much I just have to start all over again, and that makes me mad to put it nicely. I hate it. I understand your concern and I love the diamond metaphor but all I need right now is a teammate to work with me. If no-one really gets interested (which is a possibility) I'll take your advice, no fear! But that is not what I need right now.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 10:09 PM by Zjurc.)
08-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I'm already busy with my CS, personal projects and lots of stuff, so I can't join the team, but if you need scripting help don't hesitate in PM-ing me Smile

EDIT: When taking screenies, take them from the game, not the editor. It will look nicer Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM by The chaser.)
08-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Find
Zjurc Offline

(08-28-2013, 10:22 PM)The chaser Wrote: I'm already busy with my CS, personal projects and lots of stuff, so I can't join the team, but if you need scripting help don't hesitate in PM-ing me Smile

Noted! Thank you Smile
08-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
Javist Offline

Threads: 3

Looks interesting.
I could help with something in my spare time (which's not much).
Didn't actually made my own CS.. but did scripting and some translations.

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 11:03 PM by Javist.)
08-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Find
Zjurc Offline

(08-28-2013, 11:02 PM)Javist Wrote: Looks interesting.
I could help with something in my spare time (which's not much).
Didn't actually made my own CS.. but did scripting and some translations.

Of course! I'll make sure to note you down Smile
08-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Hmm, looks interesting. Can I be one?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Find
Zjurc Offline

(08-29-2013, 07:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Hmm, looks interesting. Can I be one?

Sure! I'll PM you (and everyone else who wants to be the part of this) in the next few days. Quite a bit busy right now, I have to do some weird stuff for school but when that is done, expect 1 new message from me :)
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Find