Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-29-2013, 10:40 PM)AdamD Wrote: So, this was the "big plans" FG had? All they said about review copies, just reduces to PDP? Or will there be someone who can make an APPROPIATE review?

Well I quote their last tweet "Another round of reviews are out. #aamfp is basically done. The swines are becoming restless."
But scince no one has uploaded anything yet besides whatever, I guess it was maybe for private viewing and personal criticism by some other famous youtubers (who are probably keeping it a secret).
Or maybe they are just running late on uploading, who knows.
I posted this in another thread but it might be interesting....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEFKp9EC6Co

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 10:50 PM by Derxor.)
08-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-29-2013, 10:30 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Most people here seem to be bitching about the fact that it is pewdiepie.
Pray tell, who would you rather have got it to review, Cry? When he rarely gets 1m+ on a new vid, I doubt he'd be good marketing. Nobody? Well, then the only marketing is 2 trailers and magazines, which are 2 trailers months ago, and magazines scarcely reporting on it with a few paragraphs if that. No, the community's reaction to this has been ridiculous and seriously out of order. If you don't want spoilers, or don't like pewdiepie, how about this: Ignore the videos -and- him. It's hardly an issue, and if this sort of outcry was raised at every other release that had youtubers marketing it or other big social networking/internet based companies (*cough* saints row 4) then I'd sort of understand. But the forums doesn't care about that, it's simply the fact it's pewdiepie that got it.
And frankly? I think a lot of the people here are simply bitter about the fact he, a famous youtuber who did market the original amnesia very well, got it over them.
I think that the people here need to grow up and sort out their priorities. This isn't about principles, as you'd have bitched about Saints Row 4 too, or countless other games with review copies sent out, it's about pure bitter resentment, and frankly? That's pathetic and I expected more from this community which I have been a part of for over a year.

I'm not upset at the fact that PDP got it early or that he's playing it, just upset that he's permitted to spoil the game so much this long before the release. It's a fact that pewdie is going to get Amnesia popularity and sales anyway, whether he makes his videos before or after release, so why did it have to be now? FG only recommends these videos to people who want to be 'SPOILED', and that leaves a huge chunk of FG's loyal fanbase that will not want to watch the video and will be upset that the biggest reveal of content thus far has been released this way. It's hard to not watch something like this when you're really excited for the game and have waited through 4 release date changes and a bunch of teasers for over a year. But nobody wants spoilers. Everybody I've talked to about this is upset, and they aren't even diehard amnesia fans. The only ones who appreciate this release are the oodles of pewdiepie fans excited for him to scream PIGGIES in a new amnesia game. Why do they get priority over the loyal fans?

Yes, these millions of 12 year old 'bros' will get sales, but I can't help but feel that the fans that have been with them and supported them from the start should be rewarded rather than antagonized.

edit: its also upsetting that instead of FG releasing a statement or something about their decision because of the overwhelmingly negative response, they let pdp make another video. wat. It seems as if they are ignoring the response and acting like it's really not a big deal.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 10:55 PM by Damascus Rose.)
08-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

FG are basically whoring out Amnesia to PewDiePie now, so he can get more views. It's really sad.

Do FG really think PewDiePie gives a crap about Amnesia? Look at the amount of crap he plays just for views. It's just another game he can shriek over and make "funny montages" of.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM by pinkribbonscars.)
08-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

So bunch of tweets coming from TCR, might be coming more.
surprisingly they dont seem very pleased with the PDP marketing and they dont even hide it:
[Image: c7kULL8.jpg]
08-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Guys I really think that Robo's post on the previous page brings up some very good point, and it would be unwise to squander it without at least trying to take it into consideration.

I honestly think that these videos are just another gameplay video used for promotion, and nothing more than that. If the game was given to IGN to demo a let's play (They do do that from time to time), I really doubt there would be such a heavy backlash. So why is there one when it's Pewdie?

(08-29-2013, 10:45 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Everybody I've talked to about this is upset, and they aren't even diehard amnesia fans. The only ones who appreciate this release are the oodles of pewdiepie fans excited for him to scream PIGGIES in a new amnesia game. Why do they get priority over the loyal fans?

Yes, these millions of 12 year old 'bros' will get sales, but I can't help but feel that the fans that have been with them and supported them from the start should be rewarded rather than antagonized.

Think about it this way. They get what they want, and we just carry on with our lives.

Also I do not think there really is a type of "lesser fan", and "superior fan", only different types. Everyone can enjoy the game in their own way, be it through complete immersion, or watching it through Pewdie play it. Everyone has a different way of enjoying it, and no one should be judged for how they like to do it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

(08-29-2013, 11:02 PM)The Mug Wrote: So bunch of tweets coming from TCR, might be coming more.
surprisingly they dont seem very pleased with the PDP marketing and they dont even hide it:
[Image: c7kULL8.jpg]

Good posture from TCR, I knew something like that was coming after reading Dan's last tweet.
Btw, they said no more tweets tonight.

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
08-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

Well, glad to see at least someone is on our side

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
08-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Spoiler below!

(08-29-2013, 11:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Guys I really think that Robo's post on the previous page brings up some very good point, and it would be unwise to squander it without at least trying to take it into consideration.

I honestly think that these videos are just another gameplay video used for promotion, and nothing more than that. If the game was given to IGN to demo a let's play (They do do that from time to time), I really doubt there would be such a heavy backlash. So why is there one when it's Pewdie?

(08-29-2013, 10:45 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Everybody I've talked to about this is upset, and they aren't even diehard amnesia fans. The only ones who appreciate this release are the oodles of pewdiepie fans excited for him to scream PIGGIES in a new amnesia game. Why do they get priority over the loyal fans?

Think about it this way. They get what they want, and we just carry on with our lives.

Also I do not think there really is a type of "lesser fan", and "superior fan", only different types. Everyone can enjoy the game in their own way, be it through complete immersion, or watching it through Pewdie play it. Everyone has a different way of enjoying it, and no one should be judged for how they like to do it.

Yes, frictional will get what they want and we will carry on with our lives. BUT we have every right to be upset about their decision and I don't understand why certain people are just saying "whatever fricitional does goes", we have a right to an opinion, and a forum to bitch on.

If it were given to IGN, people would be also very upset. I don't know if we can call these just gameplay promotion videos when they are said by both dev teams to contain SPOILERS.

And yes, there is a type of 'lesser fan' and a 'superior fan', although I wouldn't call them that. The 'lesser fans' are the ones who just heard about the game from the pewdiepie vids and are jumping on the hype train, and the 'superior fans' are the fans that supported the game and frictional back when they were small and helped them achieve the success we see today. I feel that the Indie companies should always be loyal to the roots and humble.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 11:16 PM by Damascus Rose.)
08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
XDamienDaKillaX Offline

Threads: 2

It is either marketing or simply they wanted to give him a release copy just because Amnesia was a big part of pewdiepie's success, also many of his fans, including people I know personally, found out about Amnesia through him. Whatever the case may be, I see what many are upset about, but I don't think its really worth worked up over. That is just me though, I don't see it as much of an issue as some of you do. Just my thoughts.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 11:20 PM by XDamienDaKillaX.)
08-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Find
Peci Offline

The video has apparently been pulled away..?
08-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Find