Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Amnesia AMFP SPOILER THREAD *ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK*

(08-30-2013, 01:35 PM)Peci Wrote: gggGGREAT droog!

My google-fu isn't that good when searching for German stuff, but I'd like to know if that is a real poem, or one made for this game. At least I didn't find a match. For this theory I presume it's not real life.

Undoubtedly written by Dan Pinchbeck (as will be most (if not all) of the in-game dialogue). I recognise his style after playing Dear Esther far too often. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 02:02 PM by Ossie.)
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

Hi again Alardem and welcome to the thread. Here is my theory that I posted after the PDP montage (before the playthrough). The montage mostly "fortified" my view instead of bringing totally new to the theory. I'm not ready to change/expand this just yet. Must wait for more info.

(08-27-2013, 04:47 PM)Peci Wrote: Thanks Vertical!

Now I'll unleash my complete tinfoil-hat theory. I have to test if I got even a fraction of it right.

Spoiler below!

Spoiler-warning inside spoiler-tags. If you - the reader - honestly believe, that my ramblings can affect your enjoyment, please don't read further.

What happened in Mexico, is the last "real" thing, and now Oswald is dead (or moved to another plane of existence, the machine). He and his hunting crew (including Lily) were used as human sacrifices (poem where old Lily is slaughtered, mors praematura). As Oswald didn't care for animals or poor peoples lives, now he must pay for it. Maybe 'the machine' is on the other side of the portal (Amnesia TDD) or some kind of another underworld.

Now the roles are reversed: the animals are gods (ie Leda and the Swan, altar glass painting, the painting where the dog [god] protects the child [Oswald's victim]). Indeed, the machine is for "pigs" (metaphorically) but pigs and other animal gods run the place now. Before he was the one calling shots and now he is just a mere animal waiting to be slaughtered.

The cover art symbolises the portal between two worlds. From above there is coming light and rain from the jungle. The floor is 'the machine' where he is now. The pig idol is the medium between these two places. The idol he has been sacrificed to (blood).

The children? Don't really know. They might not even be real, perhaps it's just "guilt" that he feels the first time in his life. Or they might be real and something happened to them.

08-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Same here with regards to the montage/trailers not revealing anything too outlandish. Speaking of spiritualism:

Spoiler below!
Ghostly children are likely to be involved. Who's to say that the children Mandus are looking for aren't already dead? Shades of F.E.A.R. here, for those who know Alma Wade's background...
08-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Find
Peci Offline

(08-30-2013, 01:53 PM)Ossie Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 01:35 PM)Peci Wrote: gggGGREAT droog!

My google-fu isn't that good when searching for German stuff, but I'd like to know if that is a real poem, or one made for this game. At least I didn't find a match. For this theory I presume it's not real life.

Undoubtedly written by Dan Pinchbeck (as will be most (if not all) of the in-game dialogue). I recognise his style after playing Dear Esther far too often. Smile

Haha! Nice one Big Grin
08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

I couldn't resist anymore and watched that 25 minutes quick look video by "Masked Gamer". And god damn,

Spoiler below!
Those gramophones / telephones are an awesome addition

The game looks so amazing *_*
08-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Can't argue with that - I'm actually pleased that I watched that first 25 minutes from MaskedGamer as it's got me even more excited about the game because it looks (and sounds) so good. However, I know I wouldn't have felt the same way if I'd watched all of PDP's first 15 minutes due to his yelling, screaming and constant quickfire looking around.
08-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

(08-30-2013, 05:53 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: I couldn't resist anymore and watched that 25 minutes quick look video by "Masked Gamer". And god damn,

Spoiler below!

Who are you? Where are my children?

(Just had to lol)

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Some more stuff from the videos. Beware.

Spoiler below!

So some more minor Aztec evidence. In addition to precious eagle cactus fruit (sacrifical heart) and the presumed aztec "underworld owl god" following the player in the taxidermy room, there are a couple of other things. PDPs and Ohm's videos show that there is -so- much stuff to find and notice that you might not see it on one playthrough.

First Note (seen on Ohm's/Maskedgamer's video)

"In my dreams, I see a man, dressed in jaguar skins and feathered like a blooded saint" after that is all kind of stuff about jungle and heart. Fits the picture.

I can be wrong but the description refers to a Aztec (elite) Jaguar Warrior (a warrior that has captured at least 4 prisoners to be sacrificed), but it may also be a priest.

Black and red colours seem (in general) be very important to the Aztecs (there are books named 'black and red' that tell about them). These are the colours (with white) of the pig mask.

Also there is a miniature of an Aztec temple on Ohm's/Maskedgamer's video, and some kind of a 'treasure' map beside it. (13:35)

These clues lead to believe it might not have been a mere hunting trip, as I first thought. Also one of the conversations with the professor and some of the already shot animals can be interpreted in such a way that Mandus has already been to Mexico before. But we shall see.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 06:24 PM by Peci.)
08-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(08-30-2013, 05:58 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 05:53 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: I couldn't resist anymore and watched that 25 minutes quick look video by "Masked Gamer". And god damn,

Spoiler below!

(Just had to lol)

It will all become clear but first a Drink.

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Find
Peci Offline

(08-30-2013, 06:27 PM)russian sky Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 05:58 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote:

Spoiler below!

(Just had to lol)

It will all become clear but first a Drink.

I love the voice acting. The exact part you russian sky pointed out is by far my favorite. The way he says it, it's so.. believable.
08-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Find