Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3

(08-31-2013, 01:42 PM)Sampyli Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 01:56 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Why are these bloody people getting review copies? None of them do reviews that I've seen so far.

Well they do need to play it first .. and maybe they want to release a well-written article instead of just rushing something out.

These people are LPers, not reviewers. They don't write articles. They make videos showing gameplay. None of the ones I've looked into even do video reviews.

People like rockpapershotgun, pcgamer, ign, kotaku, etc. should get the review copies, not LPers. And even if they feel so inclined to give LPers a copy of the game, I feel they should use a stricter NDA to avoid all the spoilers that are out there now.
08-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-31-2013, 04:25 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: People like rockpapershotgun, pcgamer, ign, kotaku, etc. should get the review copies, not LPers. And even if they feel so inclined to give LPers a copy of the game, I feel they should use a stricter NDA to avoid all the spoilers that are out there now.

I'm sure that RPS, pcgamer, etc will have review copies right now - also, from what I've read (and mentioned elsewhere) any reviews are embargoed until 9th September at 6am ET.

I'm now pretty much okay with people showing an LP of the first half hour of the game which is what everyone has done so far, barring perhaps PDP's montage of scares), but I'd be extremely annoyed if any more was shown or leaked before 10th September.
08-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

(08-31-2013, 04:25 PM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 01:56 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Why are these bloody people getting review copies? None of them do reviews that I've seen so far.

Well they do need to play it first .. and maybe they want to release a well-written article instead of just rushing something out.

These people are LPers, not reviewers. They don't write articles. They make videos showing gameplay. None of the ones I've looked into even do video reviews.

People like rockpapershotgun, pcgamer, ign, kotaku, etc. should get the review copies, not LPers. And even if they feel so inclined to give LPers a copy of the game, I feel they should use a stricter NDA to avoid all the spoilers that are out there now.

It is too late for that now...

Steam ID: fancreeper
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(08-31-2013, 04:25 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: These people are LPers, not reviewers. They don't write articles. They make videos showing gameplay. None of the ones I've looked into even do video reviews.

I agree 100 %. Angry Joe, Totalhalibut, Jim Sterling and Ben Croshaw should receive copies as well

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I would say half of the youtube clips are from people that are reviewers. They have a copy of the game, but they have also made use of the opportunity to publish preview material as they are allowed to do that. The preview material can be let's plays, straight up gameplay clip with no commentary, it can be a written preview or well whatever they can come up with, we have no restrictions on what they do, only on how much they can do as a preview.

Reviews are as mentioned in this thread under embargo, meaning they will not be published until the day before the game is released. In general if you look at the about for a channel you can see if they have a website where they will publish a review.

Yes you are right about the sites you mention! I assure you they have all been given a copy of the game.

08-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Website Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

(08-31-2013, 04:41 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
I agree 100 %. Angry Joe, Totalhalibut, Jim Sterling and Ben Croshaw should receive copies as well

Yup, and them too. I must say I look forward for Yahtzee review of the Pigs.
08-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation of that Jens.

Out of interest, are there any restrictions on what LP'ers can show/mention - for example, are they forbidden from showing (or mentioning) certain events or story elements beyond a certain (perhaps early?) point in the game?

I ask this due to you saying: "we have no restrictions on what they do, only on how much they can do as a preview"
08-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

Darn, and here I sit anxiously awaiting the game to let's play but no early copy. =P
08-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

There is no detailed list of limitations, the limit is only how far, so everything they can figure out of that part of the game I suppose is OK. Just as much as you would not want to spoil anything about a game, you don't want to put so many restrictions on them that they can't have a good time and be creative.

I mean a dream scenario for a developer is that you release a game that the players no nothing about, but being realistic about it you have to market it.

To end... the first 30 or so minutes of the game is a big bloody tease. If you recall Thomas tweet "Played #aamfp from start to end for first time. Started out slow and then got increasingly fucked up and awesome. Way better than expected."
08-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Website Find
summit Offline

Threads: 20

Stop these mind fucks like "Oooh shit! PDP received a copyy!!" please. Let's just wait the game.
08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Find