Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams About the Game?
HorrorElementFilms Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Dreams About the Game?

I had a dream where the pig monster was chasing me down through the various machine rooms of AMFP. I kept opening doors and shuting them to slow him down, but it felt like he was breaking them down in 1-2 hits. Eventually, I climbed up a ladder to a catwalk, and I appeared to evade him successfully. I know it probably won't be what my dream portrayed it to be, but the monster appeared to have puss coming out of its eyes, and some sort of stitching holding its neck together. It was a very vivid and disgusting dream.

I also could smell rotting flesh, and yes, I have had the unfortunate privilege of knowing what rotting human flesh smells like.
09-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Website Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(09-08-2013, 04:59 AM)HorrorElementFilms Wrote: and yes, I have had the unfortunate privilege of knowing what rotting human flesh smells like.
Your penis? (just joking ^^)

I don't dream like before anymore, i realize quickly it's a dream and it's over, mostly when i try to do what i want, like flying or jumping high.

09-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I used to be terrified and very easily have nightmares, but it took me a while to dream about Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It was probably the most terrifying experience in my life up to that point, but for some reason, I did not have any dreams about it, until around the time Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs was announced. Then I had a bad dream that started off nicely, I was in some sort of old and big mansion with a lot of people, an extended school trip or something. Suddenly, one dark evening, everyone started panicking and fleeing, and I was left alone, and there were a lot of (I think) brutes breaking in doors and looking for me, so I kept trying to find different spots to hide. It felt very real.

The next time was when the Halloween teaser trailer was released, the one were you were hiding in a small cage thingy while listening to horrifying noises. The trailer did not scare me that much, but for some reason, I had a nightmare the following night. I was lost in an old mansion again, this time one more resembling A Machine For Pigs rather than The Dark Descent. I was really scared, because I knew something was going to happen. I felt all alone, yet I felt something was closing in on me. I entered a room which looked like a luxuary bedroom, closed the door and illuminated the dark room with a small light in the ceiling. I suddenly heard a loud pig squeal, and knew something was coming. I quickly snuck past some curtains in the wall and to a pitch dark area for clothings or so. I just sat there all terrified and as silent as I could be, hoping I was somewhat safe. When I slowly turn my head, I see something even smaller than my croached self almost right next to me, seemingly staring in my direction. I could not see much, it was so dark, but it sort of felt like an animal head of some sort on top of a small robot body with many legs. It just stood there, I was terrified. Suddenly I hear this really loud squeal and I feel a sharp pain in all of my body and my body had been ripped to shreds.

I shortly wake up on the floor in the middle of the mansion, in a hub-like area, and an old man is standing next to me and smiling, saying that it will not be long until it finds me again. After a few seconds, I wake up. I have played quite a few custom stories for The Dark Descent, but this was the first time since my first ever playthrough of the game that I had felt this genuinely terrified, so I have very good faith in that A Machine For Pigs will feel like my worst nightmare.

I have also had a few different creepy or outright scary dreams of A Machine For Pigs. You see, I feel that Frictional Games and The Chinese Room are doing an excellent job in hinting, and yet not revealing much (until now, anyway). While Amnesia: The Dark Descent is still scary, it is not nearly as scary as the first time I played it, as I have become more used to the game and the way it works.

However, during the Q&A, a member of the team said "the same tricks won't work this time around" and simply "good luck" whenever anyone made a reference to creatures, it just took away a lot of the security I had built up. I really cannot wait to see how the game will turn out. Everything will be fresh and new. I think this is why I have been having some dreams about it, though I have not had any recently for some reason ...

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

(09-06-2013, 01:31 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: One of my most vivid involved the game actually being an mmo, with instances inside the game replacing levels. Weird I know, but it still terrorized me.

It's weird, that happened to me last night. But I think my mind wandered at some point and the game became set in a peaceful valley. Somehow.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

I do not have to dream ))) I simply have my 20% discount and pre-loaded game, waiting for being launched ))))))
09-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Website Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

((Quick off-topic))

Now that the game is right around the corner... I picture this in my head:

Red team: FG & TCR.

Blue team: The people on this thread.

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
09-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Find
RiverPhlegethon Offline

Threads: 0

I had a pretty terrible dream about AMFP a long while ago. I was walking down this corridor with barbed wire fences for walls, and the floor was like a metal mesh. There were corridors below the one I was on that I could see, and there were tables and chairs set up in those corridors, and I could hear conversations going on down there though I couldn't see anyone. I kept hearing screams everywhere, and I was searching for them. I finally got to the end of the corridor, and I walked out into this big machine room where people were hanging from meat hooks and cages. I turned around and there was a pig monster right behind me.
I woke up sweating. I think I might have had another, but the AMFP part was only a small part of a very terrifying and vivid nightmare.
09-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Find
mrbabbles Offline

I had a dream were I was Daniel, sleeping in his guest bed, I woke up (in the dream) I walked to the back hall and saw Alexander heading towards the elevator, I walked downstairs and saw that the elevator had already to left, I decided to call the elevator back up and follow him. When I arrived at the prison things seemed like they were already being taken over by the shadow (with none of its residue left behind, just a lack of light), their was no light at all except for the lantern I took with me, walking down the halls of the prison I kept thinking I saw something, a humanoid figure, patrolling the prison cells, figuring it was a grunt I peaked down the hall way, except, it was one of the pigs with a meat hook, upon looking closer I noticed Alexander was on the hook, being dragged upon the floor, I quickly rushed back to the elevator, the pig noticed me and ran at a surprisingly fast speed towards me, the elevator doors closed before it could get to me and I went back up to the back hall, everything was fine then..... the servants weren't grunts or brutes, and I went back to sleep in the guest room, in which I awoke in real life. It was a sort of vivid dream, and nothing bad ever happened to me in the dream, just other unfortunate people.

[Image: webpage_header.jpg]
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Find
Paisley Palace Offline

My dream was kinda lame compared to the others. In my dream, I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for AMFP. It started off by panning towards a dead prostitute with flowing black makeup around her eyes lying dead in a white luxurious bathtub with golden feet. Then, It showed two staircases seen (in the perspective of Oswald) connecting on a platform that he was standing on. At the bottom of the screen it read " This staircase is ridiculous." in plain white lettering. The two staircases then split in an eruption and it became dark. Finally, it showed a well lit hallway with black and white marble tiles. Muffled sobbing could be heard and suddenly a nearby door (One of the wooden doors from the Dark Descent) was broken into pieces by a very large and bloody artist's mannequins. The dream ended after that. While it didn't really make much sense, it was still a dream about AMFP.
09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Find
HorrorElementFilms Offline

(09-08-2013, 05:32 AM)Amn Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 04:59 AM)HorrorElementFilms Wrote: and yes, I have had the unfortunate privilege of knowing what rotting human flesh smells like.
Your penis? (just joking ^^)

I don't dream like before anymore, i realize quickly it's a dream and it's over, mostly when i try to do what i want, like flying or jumping high.

XD

Honestly I wish it would've rather been that.

I was about 10 years old, when my father and I went camping in northern Michigan. We were by a popular campsite, (that I forgot the name of) and I wondered off to a private section of the beach (which I wasn't supposed to do). On my way there, I had to jump over a small trench-like creek in the middle of the woods to get there. The trench was about 5 feet deep, but the water was only a few inches. Apparently, it fills up all the way during flooding.
When I tried to jump it, I slid on some loose dirt and fell to the bottom, landing on my back. All I could smell was this horrible smell of maggots and decay. To my right, only a few feet from me, was a half rotten human body, laying on the bottom of the creek.
Me, being the insecure little deviant I was at the time, instantly vomited, then ran away.

I later found out that the body was a suicide victim, who hanged himself in a tree above the creek, only for the rope to break and him plummet to his death, killing him instantly.

Ain't that for a wonderful childhood memory?
09-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Website Find