Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SORT OF FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others
shredzy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago [SORT OF FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others

Hi,

I've pretty much gone through alot of steam threads and all the threads here about people crashing but I'm getting something different...

I can get into the game no problem but when I go to start a new game this pops up:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'maps/main/20'

What I've done to try and fix this:
  • Reinstalled it...twice...once on my SSD and another on my HDD...same error.
  • Using latest graphic drivers.
  • Checked with the directory with one of my mates and we have the same files within 'maps/main/' (and we pretty much have the same PC)
  • Restarted PC of course.
  • Went to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache...no go.
  • Have the latest directx9 updates.

Using the steam version by the way. Pretty much out of options and praying for an update which fixes this issue I have...I don't get the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION that everyone else is getting on startup.

Thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Getting different FATAL ERROR to others

Weird seems it tries to load some strange map it should not try to load. First test by simply deleting your whole pig folder in My Documents/Amnesia/. If that does not help, then open the user_settings.cfg file (after you have run the game, created a profile and closed the game again) in notepad and in the <Map section for File="" make it File="01_mansion_01.map" and see if that helps.
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Website Find
shredzy Offline

(09-10-2013, 01:22 PM)jens Wrote: Weird seems it tries to load some strange map it should not try to load. First test by simply deleting your whole pig folder in My Documents/Amnesia/. If that does not help, then open the user_settings.cfg file (after you have run the game, created a profile and closed the game again) in notepad and in the <Map section for File="" make it File="01_mansion_01.map" and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Tried what you mentioned first, no go Sad then tried renaming <Map File="" to <Map File="01_mansion_01.map" still same error!

I should also mentioned I tried this:

Changed -

Folder="" to Folder="D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Machine for Pigs\maps"

Now the error is FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Machine for Pigs\maps20'
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

the path should be maps/main/ but it should not help in this case. Hmm, what does your main_init.cfg in Steam\steamapps\common\Machine for Pigs\config\ say in the <StartMap section?
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Website Find
shredzy Offline

(09-10-2013, 02:10 PM)jens Wrote: the path should be maps/main/ but it should not help in this case. Hmm, what does your main_init.cfg in Steam\steamapps\common\Machine for Pigs\config\ say in the <StartMap section?

<StartMap
    File = "01_mansion_01.map"
    Folder = "maps/main/"
    Pos = "InitStart"
/>

Also thought I should show you this which is in the hpl file:

-------- Loading complete ---------
Setting profile: 'tony' Path: 'C:\Users\Tony\Documents/Amnesia/Pig/tony/'
ERROR: Script file maps/main/20.hps does not exist!
ERROR: World 'maps/main/20' doesn't exist

I could try re-download it again from a different server but yea....eating up my net usage (australia limited usage ftw) Sad
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
ltr666 Offline

Threads: 0

What I have in my maps/main folder is 'global.hps' and 'inventory.hps', do you have these files? It's a longshot but maybe if you tried to copy either (they are identical) and renaming it to '20.hps'.
09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Find
shredzy Offline

(09-10-2013, 02:36 PM)ltr666 Wrote: What I have in my maps/main folder is 'global.hps' and 'inventory.hps', do you have these files? It's a longshot but maybe if you tried to copy either (they are identical) and renaming it to '20.hps'.

Yep same files as you. I tried that actually and now in the hpl file it shows this:

Really odd to why this is happening....have 2 mates which also got it on steam and none of them have this problem...no one on the steam forums has this problem as well it seems. Not sure why its looking for a maps/main/20 when it doesn't even exist in anyone's amensia folder....

Just have this feeling I gotta re-download it again or something ><
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 02:39 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
ltr666 Offline

(09-10-2013, 02:39 PM)shredzy Wrote: Yep same files as you. I tried that actually and now in the hpl file it shows this:

Really odd to why this is happening....have 2 mates which also got it on steam and none of them have this problem...no one on the steam forums has this problem as well it seems. Not sure why its looking for a maps/main/20 when it doesn't even exist in anyone's amensia folder....

So now it finds the script file but still tries to find a map called '20'. Maybe the map it's not finding is the one shown in the main menu? It's located in Machine for Pigs\main_menu\main.
09-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Find
shredzy Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago [FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others

(09-10-2013, 02:50 PM)ltr666 Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 02:39 PM)shredzy Wrote: Yep same files as you. I tried that actually and now in the hpl file it shows this:

So now it finds the script file but still tries to find a map called '20'. Maybe the map it's not finding is the one shown in the main menu? It's located in Machine for Pigs\main_menu\main.

Checked the main_menu\main folder and in there is:

menu_bg.map
menu_bg.map_cache

Thing is the main menu shows up fine with the music and what not, but as soon as i click "start new game" it goes for it then crashes to the fatal error. I wonder if someone could upload a fresh saved game file (or thier whole profile) I could try use it myself and then see if it loads.

EDIT: Getting a mate to upload his, will report back.

Ok fixed it. Got my mate to upload his profile where hes clicked "start new game", used his profile > clicked continue in game...loads just fine with intro...so weird.

Thanks for all that helped Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 03:12 PM by shredzy.)
09-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
ltr666 Offline

Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: [FIXED] Getting different FATAL ERROR to others

(09-10-2013, 03:02 PM)shredzy Wrote: Ok fixed it. Got my mate to upload his profile where hes clicked "start new game", used his profile > clicked continue in game...loads just fine with intro...so weird.

Thanks for all that helped Smile

So do you get the same errror every time you make a new profile on your end? Anyway, happy to hear you got it working! HF.
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Find