Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7
DO not hold FrictionalGames responsible for this!!!

I hope FicritonalGames has learnt there lesson from this.

A) Do not out source your IP's to 3rd parties to ride off the fame of you own achievements

b) the next game you do please do it in house like your other epic titles including the original Amnesia Game

I do ask though that the community and fans that love all of FictionalGames in house titles do not directly take there anger and frustration out on them directly but direct it to The Chines Room

as for FictionalGames Devs please.. oh please for now on continue to do your own in house titles so that your Ip's and name dose not get stained by others.
09-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Find
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1
RE: DO not hold FrictionalGames responsible for this!!!

People are ignorant
Spoiler below!

Shit happens

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
09-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Website Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

They didn't "out source" their project, they just asked another team of developers to head up the game.

Also, I personally think AAMFP is a perfect sequel to TDD. Don't talk so universally about your complaints like the entire fan base is up and arms about the game. You don't speak for everybody. I think you'll find the majority of the community actually enjoyed "pigs." If you need proof, just look at reviews. On the whole, they're positive.
09-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

Calm yer tits MadDoggy, no need to raise the pitchforks and torches and call up a revolution. If you didn't like the game then take on the lessons you have learned, mainly that if you are buy on day one or prepurchasing it, you are taking a gamble which doesn't give you financial gain if you win.

(09-11-2013, 03:21 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Also, I personally think AAMFP is a perfect sequel to TDD. Don't talk so universally about your complaints like the entire fan base is up and arms about the game. You don't speak for everybody. I think you'll find the majority of the community actually enjoyed "pigs." If you need proof, just look at reviews. On the whole, they're positive.

There are some complaints on a few things but then again what game doesn't get complaints? I agree with you, although with a slight pinch of salt Smile

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 03:25 AM by LHudson.)
09-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

Epic titles but you can only think of Amnesia:TDD?

Dearie me. The only other way you could look more ignorant of FG's history as a game dev and ignorant as a person would be if you wore a sign that read: "AMNESIA IS SOOOO EPIC XD! What is Penumbra????"
09-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

(09-11-2013, 03:21 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: They didn't "out source" their project, they just asked another team of developers to head up the game.

Also, I personally think AAMFP is a perfect sequel to TDD. Don't talk so universally about your complaints like the entire fan base is up and arms about the game. You don't speak for everybody. I think you'll find the majority of the community actually enjoyed "pigs." If you need proof, just look at reviews. On the whole, they're positive.

when u ask some one else to do you own work on your own IP's that's out sourcing / licensing / contracting others.

it would have been better if FictionalGames wanted to publish the game from other developer but not having any of there own Ip's involved .

though I don't think Frictionalgames should be a publisher ether, nor should they ever sell out to a publisher ether in the future...
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 03:30 AM by MadDoggyca.)
09-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(09-11-2013, 03:27 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote: though I don't think Frictionalgames should be a publisher ether, nor should they ever sell out to a publisher ether in the future...

Even if they were financially unstable? Like Bioware, Lionhead, Volition, Rockstar, Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment, and DMA Designs?

Frictional did a find job overseeing this project, and the Chinese Room should at least be commended for taking on a mammoth task. They had big shoes, so at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
09-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:I do ask though that the community and fans that love all of FictionalGames in house titles do not directly take there anger and frustration out on them directly but direct it to The Chines Room

Would you kindly stop with the projections, good sir?

The fact that they "outsourced" it means only the fact that they "outsourced" it. As a publisher and IP holder, they supervised every aspect of it and approved what they saw. That means they are responsible for the content as much as the developer team.

Not sure why there is such a bad sub-context in your tone when you tried to imply all these nonsensical things. Like if you wanted to say that AAMFP didn't turn out well but couldn't for some reason. What stops you? Why do you have a problem with voicing your own opinion?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(09-11-2013, 03:21 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: They didn't "out source" their project, they just asked another team of developers to head up the game.

I agree with you completely, I really loved this game, everything about this game was great: the story, the aesthetics, the gameplay, the sounds etc... I hate that it's being bashed so much and it seems to be getting poor reviews based off the insignificant little changes that have been made, I fail to see the point in bashing a game for those tiny changes or is it because some people didn't like Dear Esther and so they have this preconceived idea that AMFP will be the same. Personally I loved DE and I'm currently playing through AMFP again.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 04:02 AM by Tesseract.)
09-11-2013, 04:02 AM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

I'm still in the part with the centrifuge. So far I'm really enjoying this game. Specially the story. Big Grin

Really have no idea of why people would complain...
09-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Find