Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
aabbcc Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Lol, awkward....

No, but seriously, then whats up with that response ?
The game was full mysticism and magic, just like previous one, why would you say otherwise if you know the game throughout I dont need to be a dev on the game to know what i see and read.
09-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

(09-11-2013, 08:12 PM)aabbcc Wrote: Was that aimed at me ?
I do know what the story was about, i just dont get what was the last levels supposed to be.
Hallucination, teleportation, magic ? Rooms pop in, pop out, you regain control in different places. Some kind of sea of blood ? Was this a hallucination, or an actual sea of blood, since the amount of blood seemed insane. And then those floating hearts of his kids, whats was up with that ?

Anyway before you pull an answer out of your ass, i will just that those things are explained.
Therfore, magic.
Teleportation through a great machine or you black out and get dragged to your places. No magic there, just technology and tools far further than us.

Sea of blood might be a real thing, they are slaughting a lot of people.

I don't remeber the floating hearts. Is that in the temple or when they're showing their hearts to their father.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Find
aabbcc Offline

Teleportation through a great machine - on distance with a steam/coal machine ...
you black out and get dragged to your places. - dosnt make sense, pigs want too kill you deder than ded.
technology and tools far further than us - its the 1899 ...

they are slaughting a lot of people - would have to kill the wipe out the whole london for that amount, which would contradict with teh idea that thsi should fit into our timeline

I don't remember the floating hearts. - top of aztec pyramid

Anway i told not to bother with responses, since those questions arent answered in the game, and no amount of fan fiction will change that.
09-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Find
Sarcelle Offline

Threads: 0

The only "magic" that I feel that certainly exists in this story is the vision Mandus had in Mexico. Much of the other strange phenomena seem to be explained by the fact that Mandus is an extremely unreliable narrator, due to his fever which is causing hallucinations. The sea of blood or his children pulling their hearts out to me are clearly not real, but figments of his imagination. Further complicated by the fact that his personality has split and he seems to be able to hear not only himself but his engineer persona in his own head. Being Mandus sounds tough, so I'll cut him some slack when he occasionally feels like he's teleporting around.
09-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Find
Change Offline

Threads: 3

There is no magic only science, and that which you think is magic is merely apart of science.

On topic, who else when they found the first letter that describe's part of how they make the monsters(the one that says in it "brass better than copper.") imagined Mordin Solus from Mass Effect 2 voice reading it.

09-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

(09-11-2013, 08:39 PM)aabbcc Wrote: Teleportation through a great machine - on distance with a steam/coal machine ...
you black out and get dragged to your places. - dosnt make sense, pigs want too kill you deder than ded.
technology and tools far further than us - its the 1899 ...

they are slaughting a lot of people - would have to kill the wipe out the whole london for that amount, which would contradict with teh idea that thsi should fit into our timeline

I don't remember the floating hearts. - top of Aztec pyramid

Anway i told not to bother with responses, since those questions arent answered in the game, and no amount of fan fiction will change that.
Dude, if they can make an entire machine underground, use it to make domicile manpigs, then why is teleportation out of the equation? This is a WHOLE different world than ours and you can do things that our past couldn't. Just look at the steampunk genre, they do things like that and it's during that era too!

Which is why I said might about the sea of blood; might be real.

I remember the floating hear being pulled up by the mechanic hands or can also be a hallucination

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 08:58 PM by LarryV.)
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Find
cronuss Offline

Threads: 2

Not sure why anybody is paying any attention to the aabbcc troll.

Can we get back on topic?
09-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Find
pikmintaro Offline

Threads: 0

Ok I have some questions (If anybody knows!) I made a topic about it, but they put it in the middle of this one so nobody saw them I guess.

#1: How exactly are the Pigmen made? are they fusions of humans and pigs, or just mutated pigs? I didn't see a concrete answer in the game.

#2: The water monsters were they the same ones from the original Amnesia or
something else? one of the notes sounded like they were stuck between
dimensions or something, so were they just previously Pigmen or what it
sort of sounded to me like they made the same sort of pig noises?

#3: The electric Pigman at the end that seemed to teleport everywhere,
what was up with that thing? was it a super Pigman that Mandus or his
evil half (Which I think is the guy in the machine? I'm not sure.) made?
I hurried through that section so I don't know if there was any paper
about it.

#4: The Pig Masks! who was putting them everywhere? what was their purpose? I
know they are like Aztec masks like people were talking about before
the game came out (The Jaguar masks for sacrifice), but I don't know anything else about them! I especially want to know why they kept appearing everywhere.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 09:57 PM by pikmintaro.)
09-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

^ I'll try to answer the best I can, hopefully I can be told if I am right/wrong.

#1. They are made from pigs and humans as far as I could tell. There are numerous dead pigs throughout the game, obviously and there are many notes talking about how we were changing people.

#2. I would say different, but also similar? They warp between worlds/dimensions as a note said and they are insane because of it. But the lightning part is obviously different. And I think they are faster than the kaernk of TDD.

#3. This I have no idea. When I saw that thing, I flipped out.

#4. They appeared because we are insane I assume. That's all there is to it probably.
09-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Anyone catch the masturbating pig-man?

Mandus' ending monologue, and the world-warping nature of the Machine, seems to imply that it's an ancient presence that existed deep beneath London far before man discovered it. It may just be me, but I rather doubt that any human could have built such an expansive presence (that is at least capable of consuming London, if not the whole world) in the space of a year.

The nature of Mandus' madness also seems to confirm my own theories about Justine's personality. I always figured that there was something more to her than mere sadism - especially if she was selfless enough to protect all her prisoners - and there are a few callbacks to the messages written on her 'passage of madness'.
09-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Find