Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Methusalem Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Okay guys. I might have found the clue to all these teleportations. Remember Dear Esther from the Chinese Room. Wasn't it some kind of out-of-body experience ?

My theory is that Mandus soul was split from his body after he entered the machine. It ripped his heart out, placed it in the tower and him into the incubator, fusing him with the immortal machine. He was betrayed by the entity in the orb which took over his body. It's the shard of his soul that remained in the body and controls the machine.

This would explain why Mandus was able to teleport from one location to the other (especially in the south tower where his heart was).

It also explains why the machine dies when he gets his heart ripped out a second time. It's not him but his soul committing suicide.

I hope that's not total pig mush.
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

Some stuff that I dug from the files...

The "incubator" thing that's been mentioned here before is an iron lung, or so it's called in the files. Unfortunately the person inside is just called a male corpse, so no clarification as to who he is.

The compound that was used to make the manpigs consisted of "Brennenburg Infusion Vitae" (the same stuff that Alexander collected from the people he tortured) and "Orgone Monad Dispersal Fluid". Orgone energy is actually a real thing (as in it has ties in reality), it is a kind of life force, like Alexander's Vitae.

1. After assembling the pieces of men and pigs into a manpig shape, they are treated with some of Mandus' compound. If I've understood the note about it correctly, the compound makes the cells bond and the pieces of men and pigs combine into a manpig corpse.
2. Next you give this corpse some of the "Brennenburg Compound" aka Weyer's Tonic to bring it to life.
3. ???
4. MANPIGS

Mandus Wrote:In order to facilitate assimilation of tissue groups, a compound is required, or the cells will not bond. Disposal of non-bonded subjects must be immediate and using incineration or we risk continuous animation without form. This is... unpleasant.

A simple compound of one part Brennenburg Infusion Vitae to one part Orgone Monad Disperal fluid is sufficient. This can then be administered intravenously to subjects following re-assembly to maintain bonding.

Of course you then start wondering how Mandus got all this stuff from Brennenburg and as it has been said here, Alexander is Mandus' great uncle.

Mandus Wrote:But here my great uncle and I part company. He chose men as the subjects of his experiments, but men are difficult to control and rotten with sentimentality.

(09-11-2013, 09:57 PM)pikmintaro Wrote: #3: The electric Pigman at the end that seemed to teleport everywhere,
what was up with that thing? was it a super Pigman that Mandus or his
evil half (Which I think is the guy in the machine? I'm not sure.) made?
I hurried through that section so I don't know if there was any paper
about it.

Here's the note about Tesla pigs:

Quote:July 15th 1899

Several of the older forms have breached their containment area and escaped into the sewers. They remind me of my limitations - this is no Chelm and I am no Eliyahu, at least, not quite yet. It is the heat generated from keeping the doorway between open that is to blame. We cannot simply pack them about with coolant as we do at the centre where the doorway is. The later versions are kept safe by the freezing temperature of those towers. Up here, where the air is hot and fetid, they become overheated, and their duality tears them asunder, as the other place flies from their cells and their vitae splinters. They live sporadically, torn from one world to the other and back again in violent, unpredictable bursts. For a few seconds they are creatures of this world, then they are torn away and cease to have physical form. This vicious ripping back and forth between worlds has driven them quite insane. I have ordered the affected areas sealed, and will not allow my loyal workers to enter. These are damned places now, the abode of failed experiments, ghosts of fear and spite.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:23 PM by Oscar House.)
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

Can someone tell me where is the third heart? Is it after the Tesla Pig? I think I missed that... Confused
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
pikmintaro Offline

Threads: 0

(09-11-2013, 10:02 PM)Alardem Wrote: Anyone catch the masturbating pig-man?

Yeah, but did you also see the one humping the dead guy behind the boxes when the Pigpocalypse happens?

But how is Alexander, Oswald's uncle? did he have children with a human woman? that's what I thought at first too.
Find
Methusalem Offline

(09-11-2013, 10:24 PM)JPTS Wrote: Can someone tell me where is the third heart? Is it after the Tesla Pig? I think I missed that... Confused

Yes, it's in the tower. On a platform with spikes sticked into it.

(09-11-2013, 10:24 PM)pikmintaro Wrote: But how is Alexander, Oswald's uncle? did he have children with a human woman? that's what I thought at first too.

think again. you don't need to have children to be an uncle.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:27 PM by Methusalem.)
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-11-2013, 10:24 PM)Methusalem Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 10:24 PM)JPTS Wrote: Can someone tell me where is the third heart? Is it after the Tesla Pig? I think I missed that... Confused

Yes, it's in the tower. On a platform with spikes sticked into it.

(09-11-2013, 10:24 PM)pikmintaro Wrote: But how is Alexander, Oswald's uncle? did he have children with a human woman? that's what I thought at first too.

think again. you don't need to have children to be an uncle.

Didn't Alexander take advantage of his immortality to pass himself off as multiple descendants? I'm not sure how that translates into having a grand-nephew.

Actually, the idea of Mandus being a descendant of Amnesia's villain felt like a contrived hand-wave to me. Oh well - the story doesn't dwell on it much, treating it only as the reason for why Mandus has access to magic.
09-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

(09-11-2013, 10:14 PM)Oscar House Wrote: Some stuff that I dug from the files...

The "incubator" thing that's been mentioned here before is an iron lung, or so it's called in the files. Unfortunately the person inside is just called a male corpse, so no clarification as to who he is.
I think that's the Professor Mandus was talking to.

I was listening to the soundtrack (it's on Spotify) and there's a track called We Are The Pig. And it has Mandus talking to another person (Professor), the prof wanting to the meet the engineer, Mandus putting the prof in a pitch black room, prof sounding confused, Mandus hits the prof with something blunt, and Mandus saying, "We are the pig Professor. We are all the pig."

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:32 PM by LarryV.)
09-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Find
Methusalem Offline

(09-11-2013, 10:32 PM)LarryV Wrote: I was listening to the soundtrack (it's on Spotify) and there's a track called We Are The Pig. And it has Mandus talking to another person (Professor), the prof wanting to the meet the engineer, Mandus putting the prof in a pitch black room, prof sounding confused, Mandus hits the prof with something blunt, and Mandus saying, "We are the pig Professor. We are all the pig."

I believe the professor just became another victim for the machine. no major role.
But I sure as hell will got to Spotify now. Thx for the tip Wink
09-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

(09-11-2013, 10:32 PM)LarryV Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 10:14 PM)Oscar House Wrote: Some stuff that I dug from the files...

I think that's the Professor Mandus was talking to.

I was listening to the soundtrack (it's on Spotify) and there's a track called We Are The Pig. And it has Mandus talking to another person (Professor), the prof wanting to the meet the engineer, Mandus putting the prof in a pitch black room, prof sounding confused, Mandus hits the prof with something blunt, and Mandus saying, "We are the pig Professor. We are all the pig."
The professor was killed.

Mandus Wrote:I am the architect. I am the saboteur. I am the man who murdered his children. I am the man who stood in the duck pond with his dead wife in his arms, wishing the water would bring her back to him. I am the voice on the telephone, I am the butcher who skinned the Professor and beat God to death against the air loom. Only one question remains now. Am I also The Machine?

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
09-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(09-11-2013, 10:08 PM)Methusalem Wrote: It [the machine] ripped his heart out, placed it in the tower and him into the incubator, fusing him with the immortal machine.

It also explains why the machine dies when he gets his heart ripped out a second time. It's not him but his soul committing suicide.

How did he get his heart ripped out at the end of the game if it had already been ripped out beforehand? And if it was an out-of-body experience, why are the manpigs able to cause him corporeal harm?
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM by bluel0bster.)
09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Find