Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
tickldkfiifo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Gonna go out on a fairly short limb and say he was a piggy.

Thanks Kein!
09-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-12-2013, 05:45 AM)Kein Wrote: Here, took me a while, but I found it:

Quote:Can a man construct himself anew? Can a man, on realising who he is, on what he has become, tear himself apart down to the bricks and begin again? Are our souls just this, tiny cogwheels and clockwork, and intricate machines to serve a function that, upon reflection, we might set to a new task? Can a man, defined by his actions, defined by that which he now finds abhorrent, set to sabotaging this body his machine, until those children of his soul turn in new motion, and he may awake to a new sun, a new year, a new century with hope in his heart? As I reach my hands to the exposed wires I ask myself this - is redemption possible for such a creature as I? And if not, then surely better to die amongst my creations than to continue to live as a monster.

Quote:So it is done. The saboteur was me, and the voice on the telephone was him. But what of us? How do we connect? Surely I cannot be responsible for all I see about me? I cannot remember, I cannot remember! All I can grasp is a moment when the world split into two pieces and the innards of humanity fell from an orifice torn agape into my open, bifurcated heart.

So you're playing some hideous Frankenstein's monster in a nice suit?
09-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yeah, the hand we see when holding lamp kinda bothers me too. But this is interesting: why Pigmen attack Oswald? Why they attack their father and creator?

But may be they they didn't see Oswald, may be they saw someone else?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Find
tickldkfiifo Offline

Threads: 1

(09-12-2013, 05:55 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:45 AM)Kein Wrote: Here, took me a while, but I found it:

Quote:Can a man construct himself anew? Can a man, on realising who he is, on what he has become, tear himself apart down to the bricks and begin again? Are our souls just this, tiny cogwheels and clockwork, and intricate machines to serve a function that, upon reflection, we might set to a new task? Can a man, defined by his actions, defined by that which he now finds abhorrent, set to sabotaging this body his machine, until those children of his soul turn in new motion, and he may awake to a new sun, a new year, a new century with hope in his heart? As I reach my hands to the exposed wires I ask myself this - is redemption possible for such a creature as I? And if not, then surely better to die amongst my creations than to continue to live as a monster.

Quote:So it is done. The saboteur was me, and the voice on the telephone was him. But what of us? How do we connect? Surely I cannot be responsible for all I see about me? I cannot remember, I cannot remember! All I can grasp is a moment when the world split into two pieces and the innards of humanity fell from an orifice torn agape into my open, bifurcated heart.

So you're playing some hideous Frankenstein's monster in a nice suit?

He is insane, he probably remembered himself as the type to wear a suit. It was just another hallucination. Also, we don't know if the suit is nice or not! That is another can of worms for an entire different thread silly!

Hashtag #PoorSuit #NiceSuit Vote now! lol
09-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

You know, I hope that we get DLC to make new endings. My ending?

I want to start the Machine and keep it going. I WANT TO RULE THE WORLD! I mean seriously, these Pigmen/Manpig RULE. Fuck humans, I am the GOD of this world now. hahahah
09-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Find
pikmintaro Offline

Threads: 0

For people who thought the game humanized the Pigmen too early with them in the rooms, did you notice the one sleeping in the bed close to the start of his game in the house? I already knew it was one of the monsters probably (It was turned away from where you see it through the window, but I could still see some of the metal bits on it.), but I was surprised to see it just sleeping in the bed, and then I felt a bit sad for it when you turn the valve in the next room, and it goes running off when you come out, which also made me wonder why they start attacking you all of a sudden when they seem scared of you at first.
I should also mention that at least the first time you encounter one of the Pigmen for real it doesn't even kill you, if you let it attack you, then you just wake up in a cage that it apparently put you in with it walking away when you wake up.

And I already mentioned the one that you can see driving the truck at one point, I think that was pretty early on in the game.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 06:34 AM by pikmintaro.)
09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-12-2013, 06:17 AM)Geoff Wrote: You know, I hope that we get DLC to make new endings. My ending?

I want to start the Machine and keep it going. I WANT TO RULE THE WORLD! I mean seriously, these Pigmen/Manpig RULE. Fuck humans, I am the GOD of this world now. hahahah

You'd need to plug your nose.
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Find
frictionalfan Offline

Threads: 2

Does anyone have any idea why Mandus wakes up in bed?

In the original amnesia Daniel wakes up after drinking the amnesia potion, which makes sense and you have to follow the trail of liquid...

So what happened to Mandus to forget the events that lead to his going to bed (other than his unstable state of mind)? Hope I'm not missing a huge detail

Also why the bars on the beds?
09-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(09-12-2013, 06:39 AM)frictionalfan Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why Mandus wakes up in bed?

In the original amnesia Daniel wakes up after drinking the amnesia potion, which makes sense and you have to follow the trail of liquid...

So what happened to Mandus to forget the events that lead to his going to bed (other than his unstable state of mind)? Hope I'm not missing a huge detail

Also why the bars on the beds?

That's also my main question.

Why and how exactly did Mandus have such a swift change of heart on the 31st? Was there a "December 30th" note explaining this? If it's because Mandus fractured his soul, wouldn't that have occurred far earlier - back when he contracted his madness back in Mexico?
09-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Playing through the game again just because I want to discover all the stuff I missed. Already noted that Enoch and Edwin were still alive as of October 11 1899 with their journal entry of how Daddy is always busy and away and that they heard sounds of a pig and he told them to get inside immediately. So the Manpigs were already made by that time.
09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Find