Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 02:08 PM)Alardem Wrote: Daniel performed experiments?

I think he's referring to the tortures Daniel did with Alexander.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Find
Sarcelle Offline

Threads: 0

I spent much of the game pretty sure that I was a pig man. The note about the mirrors and the fact that there are none in the game felt like a clear sign to me. And the decontamination rooms looked like they were blowing some sort of very cold gas all over me, which I thought was to stop me from going insane like the Tesla Pigs did when exposed to too much heat. Though the way the game wrapped up I can't really see any way in which this theory pans out, sadly.
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

From the credits:

Quote:The Fine Song "When I Was a Laddy" was written and performed by Cameron Clegg and the Lardons (...)

This has got to be a reference to the British Prime Minister, David Cameron, and his Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg!
The song makes much more sense now. Big Grin

09-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Find
OneRubberLover Offline

My understanding of the story was that Mandus had come up with the idea for the machine a long time before going to Mexico. But the bankers would not lend him money to finance it. So when he read his uncles letters (Alexander?, Daniel?) he went to Mexico thinking he could find one of those orbs there and use that to build the machine. If he found one I don't know. But something happened to him there.

Have I misinterpreted it completely?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM by OneRubberLover.)
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

(09-12-2013, 08:12 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Nope, you guys haven't found it yet. Would be too easy to be in the music folder.

I think I found it. amb_cellar_office_pigs_song. Your rendition, right?

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

I've seen some people already mentioning the concept of a machine as a living thing - the separate parts do remind you of body parts quite directly, don't they? I did think of that a bit, wouldn't be all that surprised to see this kind of reference knowing, that Dan loves Pathologic (if you played it, you'd know what I'm talking about). But I couldn't din a direct body example for everything.
There is also an interesting reference to "herculean deeds", just as you need to clean the sewers. I'm thinking it was n intentional reference to the fifth deed of Hercules - cleaning the Aygean stables. It's also interesting to remember, that Hercules also captured an Erymanthian Boar - not the same as the pig, surely, but still might've been an intended reference.
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Website Find
Elwi Offline

Threads: 1

Quote:I think I found it. amb_cellar_office_pigs_song. Your rendition, right?

This song is from gramophone.My question is:where is cellar office ? I dont remember that song from a game.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 05:19 PM by Elwi.)
09-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

(09-12-2013, 03:17 PM)OneRubberLover Wrote: My understanding of the story was that Mandus had come up with the idea for the machine a long time before going to Mexico. But the bankers would not lend him money to finance it. So when he read his uncles letters (Alexander?, Daniel?) he went to Mexico thinking he could find one of those orbs there and use that to build the machine. If he found one I don't know. But something happened to him there.

Have I misinterpreted it completely?

He must have found something in Mexico, because it gave him the visions of the 20th century. I think it was an Orb, or similar artifact.
09-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

Now I have the impression that Mandus' body was in the machine and, to fix it, he sent his consciousness to one of the pigs. But that wouldn't explain how he destroyed the machine in the end.
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-12-2013, 09:55 AM)Kotch Wrote: Sorry if this has already been posted, but this seems like a pretty good explanation to me.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239200/dis...256751612/
Nope, not even close, it does not explain some events or notes at all and they contradict with this theory.

(09-12-2013, 04:51 PM)Oscar House Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:12 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Nope, you guys haven't found it yet. Would be too easy to be in the music folder.

I think I found it. amb_cellar_office_pigs_song. Your rendition, right?
Nope, I recall this one in game.

(09-12-2013, 05:23 PM)JPTS Wrote: Now I have the impression that Mandus' body was in the machine and, to fix it, he sent his consciousness to one of the pigs. But that wouldn't explain how he destroyed the machine in the end.

Yeah, and how consciousness was able interact with the world and be harmed and carried by pigs?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM by Kein.)
09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Find