Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 05:18 PM)Elwi Wrote:
Quote:I think I found it. amb_cellar_office_pigs_song. Your rendition, right?

This song is from gramophone.My question is:where is cellar office ? I dont remember that song from a game.

It wasn't used, it was replaced by Mors Praematura (if you remember where that was played).

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

(09-12-2013, 05:47 PM)Kein Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:23 PM)JPTS Wrote: Now I have the impression that Mandus' body was in the machine and, to fix it, he sent his consciousness to one of the pigs. But that wouldn't explain how he destroyed the machine in the end.

Yeah, and how consciousness was able interact with the world and be harmed and carried by pigs?

I meant that he sent his consciousness to the body of one of the pigs. That would explain why he awoke in a cagebed like the other pig we see. If the pig' s body he was had a human hand, Mandus might not notice that he was in a pig' s body. Well, he was insane, so it wouldn't matter. Anyway, a pigman can interact with the world and be harmed and carried by pigs with no problem. We even saw one of the pigs punching another, so they are not necessarily friendly with each other.
09-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

And how do you explain his human hand?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Find
Nagashi90 Offline

(09-12-2013, 06:42 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 06:39 AM)frictionalfan Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why Mandus wakes up in bed?

In the original amnesia Daniel wakes up after drinking the amnesia potion, which makes sense and you have to follow the trail of liquid...

So what happened to Mandus to forget the events that lead to his going to bed (other than his unstable state of mind)? Hope I'm not missing a huge detail

Also why the bars on the beds?

That's also my main question.

Why and how exactly did Mandus have such a swift change of heart on the 31st? Was there a "December 30th" note explaining this? If it's because Mandus fractured his soul, wouldn't that have occurred far earlier - back when he contracted his madness back in Mexico?
I'm pretty sure there's a note (can't remember the date though) implying that he was going to touch some electric wires, to atone for his sins or something. This should be the cause of his amnesia, in my opinion.
09-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
Sarcelle Offline

(09-12-2013, 06:38 PM)Kein Wrote: And how do you explain his human hand?

It could perhaps be the fact at Mandus is rather bonkers from his fever right now. After all, how do you explain his dead children leading him through the house? But that seems like it may be a stretch.

One of my questions still is what the decontamination chambers were for or really did. Going along the Mandus is a pig man route, they could be cooling chambers, as the pigs apparently go insane if they are exposed to too much heat. But again, that feels like a stretch.
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

A lot can be explained by his insanity. But the pigs were not just made of pigs, so they could have a human hand.
One way or another, that was just an idea (his consciousness moving to a pig). I don't really believe it happened.
09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

What explains Mandus' baritone tones, though? I have a hard time imagining him squealing and oinking during his monologues.
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(09-12-2013, 05:23 PM)JPTS Wrote: Now I have the impression that Mandus' body was in the machine and, to fix it, he sent his consciousness to one of the pigs. But that wouldn't explain how he destroyed the machine in the end.

There's no direct evidence that I see to support that theory. Twisting things to fit a theory isn't evidence, just compensation.
09-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
frictionalfan Offline

Threads: 2

(09-12-2013, 05:56 PM)JPTS Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:47 PM)Kein Wrote:

Yeah, and how consciousness was able interact with the world and be harmed and carried by pigs?

I meant that he sent his consciousness to the body of one of the pigs. That would explain why he awoke in a cagebed like the other pig we see. If the pig' s body he was had a human hand, Mandus might not notice that he was in a pig' s body. Well, he was insane, so it wouldn't matter. Anyway, a pigman can interact with the world and be harmed and carried by pigs with no problem. We even saw one of the pigs punching another, so they are not necessarily friendly with each other.

Like Kein* said he has a human hand, speaks normally, etc. For a while I was thinking that the machine had an artificial intelligence (there was a journal entry talking about a machine that could think for itself) but now I'm skeptical about the professor character's involvement. There were a couple dialogue sequences where he and Mandus were discussing the machine's purpose and he sounded more fanatical than Mandus did. He must have been in on it somehow. Could he have been the body we saw at the end?

@Kein
oh i didn't catch that he was killed
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM by frictionalfan.)
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:There were a couple dialog sequences where he and Mandus were discussing the machine's purpose and he sounded more fanatical than Mandus did.
It would make sense if there wasn't a monologue at the end of the game where Mandus kills Prof.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Find